Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady Quinn starting vs Raiders!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being absolutely frank on my Bowe opinion (and being flamed for it) here's another one:

Quote:
"My biggest deal was my gut telling me that I needed to impact the team by changing the dynamic," Crennel said, adding that the move isn't about placing blame on Cassel.

That's the Head Coach. So he needs to pull out another QB to put a spark into this team? No, wait ... he's FORCED to play another QB and THEN sells it as his move? I thoroughly doubt anyone at 1 Arrowhead Drive even remotely considered playing Quinn against the Raiders before Cassel went down with a concussion.

Add in Pioli's media tour ... and you have two guys fighting for survival.

Did anyone watch Pioli's interview at hometurf - with Mitch Holthus? Check in at about 3:40. "We're going to be a better football team at one point, we need to be a better football team at some point ..." says THE guy who's in charge for about four years, who turned over 90% of the roster (without producing a single top tier player - oops, excuse me, Houston is Pioli era) and the front office, yet failed to make ANY impact (other than to alienate the fanbase even more than Herm Edwards)?
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Trade Matty for an 8th rounder and put him in the rearview! Very Happy

I want absolutely nothing to do with him. Leave me out of it.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a start. Hi guise.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Pioli okayed this move is a sign that maybe he's finally realized that he needs a real QB to compete in this league. I personally am of the belief that Pioli was so sure that he could build a team around everybody else and win a championship with a "game manager". The people would've probably credited the GM with assembling such a team of no-name talents that won it all that he'd be the MVP so to speak...or at least that's the delusion that I believe that Mr. Pioli has been hand-cuffed to since he arrived. The guy is a football freaking genius. Anybody who thinks that he's stupid is just out of their league. Scott Pioli will forget more about punting than you will ever know about the game of football. But, he had lofty aspirations and is late to realize his folly. The game has changed in the past 5 years. You HAVE to have a QB now that can win a game or two for you. The teams that don't have one keep trying with the lone exception of our very own Chiefs. If he has come to this on his own and wasn't forced down from the Hunt Family, maybe he has one shot at a QB and a different Head Coach, time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Bad news - Quinn is terribly awful. A check down machine of the highest caliber.

Good news - He plays Oakland and at least for 1 game will look like Tom Brady as opposed to Brady Quinn.

Yes he is bad. But the BAD news he is better than Cassel. and good enough to knock us out of the Geno Smith/ Matt Barkley/ Tyler Wilson sweepstakes. This franchise has not drafted a QB in the first round since 1983.....which is just insane....this is very bad news for chief fans.

I agree with Pookie, Quinn is not going to make this team better. We may be more successful with him in because the team decides to buy in.

As for taking us out if contention I seriously doubt that as well. This team a more fundamental problems than just QB play.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Bad news - Quinn is terribly awful. A check down machine of the highest caliber.

Wait...are you talking about Quinn or Cassel?!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

This is how I feel about the situation. How badly is Quinn going to do? He will be about the same as Cassel. Then us fans will be calling for Stanzi. But Stanzi hasn't looked any better and will probably not do any better. Then we get to look forward to the draft and hope that helps us out with this problem.

Too bad we just can't treat our QB problem like the a case of clap and take some antibiotics.
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of shocking this move was made. I was so used to feeling apathy towards our QB, who might never leave... and now Quinn? Crazy.

I definitely think a certain specific someone's trying to save their job now. And it ain't anyone on the roster.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Clearly it was Quinn, as Cassel is not even a check down machine of the highest caliber.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Good news - He plays Oakland and at least for 1 game will look like Tom Brady as opposed to Brady Quinn.

That all depends on the game plan bro...TB is worse than you are in the secondary and we didn't even try to attack their weakness. I realize you must watch the Chiefs sometimes, but their is no bigger checkdown machine than #7. So it's not getting any worse.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
After being absolutely frank on my Bowe opinion (and being flamed for it) here's another one:

Maybe you should start being "KC Guy" again instead of Frank. Frank is on the hot seat around here, he's been noticed going along with Pioli's plan to get rid of Bowe.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
I mean, we are only 2 games behind Denver. And while I want us to get the 1st overall draft pick, it would also be nice to see Quinn spark this team and have them start winning games I guess. As long as we end up with Smith/Barkley/Wilson in the end, I won't complain.

I saw this quote on Arrowhead Pride which made me realize why I felt so good hearing this news:

Quote:
If anyone else was still questioning whether managment plans to move on from Cassel next season,

You have your answer.

I don't have my hopes up just yet until I see a real offensive game plan put together, but it's crazy to think if we could sweep Denver (who we should match up well with) and equal their record in the other 8 games that we would win the division....as long as the Norv and Phyllis show keeps the the good work.

I am currently looking back on 2010 discussions on Facebook, on which I offered a bet to a few of my friends that Cassel would not be anyone's starting QB of choice by mid season 2012. Nobody took me up on it.

I still don't have my hopes up either. I saw yesterday that our team under Pioli is something like 3-14 vs teams with a winning record.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brawl.kc wrote:
The fact that Pioli okayed this move is a sign that maybe he's finally realized that he needs a real QB to compete in this league. I personally am of the belief that Pioli was so sure that he could build a team around everybody else and win a championship with a "game manager". The people would've probably credited the GM with assembling such a team of no-name talents that won it all that he'd be the MVP so to speak...or at least that's the delusion that I believe that Mr. Pioli has been hand-cuffed to since he arrived. The guy is a football freaking genius. Anybody who thinks that he's stupid is just out of their league. Scott Pioli will forget more about punting than you will ever know about the game of football. But, he had lofty aspirations and is late to realize his folly. The game has changed in the past 5 years. You HAVE to have a QB now that can win a game or two for you. The teams that don't have one keep trying with the lone exception of our very own Chiefs. If he has come to this on his own and wasn't forced down from the Hunt Family, maybe he has one shot at a QB and a different Head Coach, time will tell.

Great post brawl, I agree totally. Just when I thought he would never learn, he goes and does something like. While not totally redeeming, its at least a move in the right direction. I just wonder if this is a realization that a pedestrian QB is not enough, or just that Cassel usnt even pedestrian, and Quinn might be a good enough game manager.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

Clearly it was Quinn, as Cassel is not even a check down machine of the highest caliber.

See: Last season

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brawl.kc wrote:

So, he intentionally brought in the worst QB possible, paid him, and stuck with him because he was so sure he was smart enough to bring in enough talent around him that he could still win the SB and get more of the credit since the QB was average. Confused

Why did we hire a guy like that? I don't personally buy it. I certainly don't think he's a genius or any smarter than us when it comes to evaluating talent. Sure he has other qualities that we don't that helped him get where he is, but Matt Cassel never had one single quality as a QB that stands out or is above average and he paid him 63 million....no genius would be caught dead doing that sort of thing. Geniuses think outside the box, they don't believe a guy with no talent can turn into something great (Cassel), but they might believe a guy with one short coming (Wilson's height) could be a good QB. Yet, he claims there was nobody he liked at the picks they had available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: