Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can We Contend With The QBs On This Roster?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can We Contend With The QBs On This Roster?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
No
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Whatever stchamp98 says, he's always right
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Can We Contend With The QBs On This Roster? Reply with quote

Straight forward question. Can we be serious playoff contenders with the QBs we have on the roster at the current time or do we need to move on to someone else? Should we be building around Kolb-Skelton-Lindley or do we need to turn the page?

Straight forward question, all answer/opinions welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to rephrase the answers/question it's a bit confusing as to what I'm saying no or yes to
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
You might want to rephrase the answers/question it's a bit confusing as to what I'm saying no or yes to

Yes=stay with our QBs
No=find a new QB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't think with the current QB. I think goth hold the team back. I all so believe both could be average(Skelton) to decent(Kolb). If the team had a good OL. I all so think Whiz and group will continue to draft Skill players high and OL in the Low rounds. If Whiz does this he will need to fine a elite QB that can work behind a line likes this Like Kurt.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to say no. We need a new QB.

Skelton will never take us anywhere. He will just never be that good of a QB. He's not the kind of guy that can make smart audibles or carry this team on his shoulders when the running game isn't working. He's a game manager but game managers are supposed to be able to make smart decision at least and Skelton is a liability there. I still want him to stay though since he'd make a good backup.

I really wanted Kolb to be the guy and I think he has much more potential to be the guy than Skelton. He's smart, can throw 40+ times a game if need be, and seems like a charismatic guy players will follow. However, the guy just can't stay healthy. It's not even the OL's fault with his injuries. He just has very strange injuries. Last year he got a concussion because a defensive player knocked, not to hardly, the back of his helmet. Recurring concussion issues are a real problem. He also had a foot problem and then he just broke his ribs falling on a ball. On top of that, he has a huge contract that we can't afford to pay to a guy that can only play half a season.

We'll have to draft another one since nobody good will hit the Free Agent market. Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and Tyler Wilson are the only guys I would draft in the first round. Strangely enough, Barkley and Wilson have playing styles similar to Kolb but without the injury problems and they wouldn't be such a huge financial investment, even as an early draft pick.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson being Tyler Wilson of Arkansas? I ask because Tyler Wilson has 2 documented concussions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who I would want in this draft. I liked Dalton two years ago and I liked Luck and Griffin last year. But this year I don't know who I like the team to take.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Wilson being Tyler Wilson of Arkansas? I ask because Tyler Wilson has 2 documented concussions.

Does he? Like I said in another thread I haven't looked into him much. I watched a few games and thought he was good enough to be a first round pick as far as his play goes.

Matt Barkley is the guy I want though. He'd be an immediate starter since he's been playing in a pro style offense for 4 years. He's very smart and a good leader. He's been calling his own plays at the line since high school. If we keep up the pace we're at we'll be picking 10-15 so there's a chance he's there.
shawn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
I can't watch this today...

this is just awful. you were right champ, we are going 4-12 this year...sorry I ever doubted you.

option 3 for me.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Does he? Like I said in another thread I haven't looked into him much. I watched a few games and thought he was good enough to be a first round pick as far as his play goes.

Unforunately he does. Week 2 last season was concussed and had another in Arkansas' shocking loss to UL-Monroe in week 1-2 this season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Unforunately he does. Week 2 last season was concussed and had another in Arkansas' shocking loss to UL-Monroe in week 1-2 this season.

Do you know how many games he's missed since he became a starter? I know he missed the BAMA game this year.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Do you know how many games he's missed since he became a starter? I know he missed the BAMA game this year.

A 3rd concussion would be pretty devastating

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no,, Kolb can hardly stay healthy (but has flashes of being above average when the line is play good) and Skelton is below average and will never be more. Also I would rather have Kolb as a back up over Skelton.

Where is Barkley projected to go now days?? I don't watch to much college ball

Deadpulse
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
I say no,, Kolb can hardly stay healthy (but has flashes of being above average when the line is play good) and Skelton is below average and will never be more. Also I would rather have Kolb as a back up over Skelton.

Where is Barkley projected to go now days?? I don't watch to much college ball

At Kolb's salary? No.

His stock is in flux. He was a top 5 pick and potential number 1 pick. According to Khodder, some scouts have him as a 2nd rounder.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it's impossible to say but from looking at the way the last 5-6 years draft's have unfolded, looking at how the teams in this league are aligned personnel wise, I think Barkely either goes in the top 8 of the 1st round or the top 8 of the 2nd round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: