Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scenarios Redskins Fans Wished Were True...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daboyle250

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Scenarios Redskins Fans Wished Were True... Reply with quote

There are a lot of things us Redskins fans wished were true but as of yet, hasn't happened. What are some of your scenarios you wished were true?

Mine is this,

A Living Sean Taylor on our current secondary. Our Safety situation is a nightmare right now, but would it have been with #21 on our side?

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2005 with the 10th pick the Washington Redskins take Aaron Rodgers! Instead of taking Carlos Rogers....

d'oh! Shame on you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
In 2005 with the 10th pick the Washington Redskins take Aaron Rodgers! Instead of taking Carlos Rogers....

d'oh! Shame on you

I'll take the Sean Taylor still being alive. But this is a close second.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never hiring jim and going to the 3-4 and got big 4-3 players.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
you mean never hiring Mike Shanahan then, right?

Shanahan hired Hasslett. Shanahan told Hasslett we were going to run the 3-4. Hasslett wanted them to trade for Carriker, draft Riley Kerrigan and Jenkins and sign Bowen and Cofield for the defense.

Now, Everything that everyone complains about the secondary comes full circle to Mike Shanahan. He decided not to upgrade it this offseason, people who are realistic, knew our secondary would be in the bottom half of the league because of little talent. Then injuries hit 3 starters and that's hurt it even more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Shanahan hired Hasslett. Shanahan told Hasslett we were going to run the 3-4. Hasslett wanted them to trade for Carriker, draft Riley Kerrigan and Jenkins and sign Bowen and Cofield for the defense.

Now, Everything that everyone complains about the secondary comes full circle to Mike Shanahan. He decided not to upgrade it this offseason, people who are realistic, knew our secondary would be in the bottom half of the league because of little talent. Then injuries hit 3 starters and that's hurt it even more.
our D is disorganized and has no fire we prettt much suck. I dont like shanny buy ive calmed down because of rg3 but if he doesnt fire jim than yes him too.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

our D is disorganized and has no fire we prettt much suck. I dont like shanny buy ive calmed down because of rg3 but if he doesnt fire jim than yes him too.
I'm sure it will be evaluated after the season, but not during the season.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it been another team stupid enough to sign DHall.
Yet sadly. There was no team being run that poorly during the first decade of the century.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While D.Hall's soft coverage is frustrating, there are not many starting calibre corners out there. For instance, put D.Hall on Cruz and that long play probably doesn't happen because of his recovery speed. Unfortunately, for DeAngelo to be effective, he really needs a true FS that knows what he is likely to do.

This thread is meant for Sean Taylor. He would alter the mentality of the defensive players on his own. Not having a true superstar on defense is a negative. Put Revis on this defense while finding a FS and this is a totally different unit. Star power is what is needed.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had a the ability to pressure QB's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I wish we had a the ability to pressure QB's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well technically we do. But 1/2 of them is injured right now.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens if Sean Taylor was around. It is also the single most effective weapon we have had in the secondary since Champ Bailey.

I also believe that his death lead to a lot of dismay in the secondary. Think of it this way. Wilson, Hall, Landry and Taylor as the back 4. I think that there have been some coordinators that have felt they cannot replace Taylor so why try. No one will ever be good enough.

I also feel that if Taylor is alive, then all the others would be able to play their game. We would have a very elite secondary. And Cruz does not get that play to him yesterday.

But here's to pipe dreams. Taylor is the biggest scenario that I wish would have played out.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That our td on our first drive wasn't negated. Sad

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
daboyle250

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, how much yesterday's game could've changed if there was Sean Taylor and no injured Doughty, Gomes...

[/img]

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Sean Taylor Alive would be HUGE.

2 - Carlos Rogers still on the team. I read the Aaron Rogers thing above, and, while that would have been nice, he may not have ever turned out to be the guy he is now with our atrocious OL play since he was drafted. I like Los and to think, all he needed was glasses

3 - "Beef" Wellington Mara's Kid not being on the competition commity. He screwed only two of the teams who manipulated the cap and those two teams were in his division. With that 18 Million we coulda been the team to nab either Carr or Finnegan. I'd take either guy over what's playing now. Plus, if we had picked up Finnegan we would have won the Rams game. No penalty if the dude who started the whole mess was sitting on our bench watching our offense.

4. This one is personal, I wish I had a pet monkey. He'd have a Brunell Jersey and I'd teach him how to throw bubble screens behind the line with his left hand.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: