You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randall Cobb's 2012 season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Randall Cobb's 2012 season Reply with quote

What do you guy's think 2012 has in store for this gushy eyed chap?

Personally, I think he's going to hit the ground running and I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see McCarthy pull some pretty
frequent tomfoolery with this kid. A full off season should be just what the doctor ordered. Heck, he might even be able to run routes correctly once in a while. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't fit our offense so I expect him to be horrible...
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a receiving stand point I don't see his numbers going up very much this year. Maybe 30 catches and 450 yards with a pair of TDs. Biggest thing I want to see from him this year is an improvement in the return game. If he doesn't fumble, the year will be successful for him. And if he doesn't fumble I think McCarthy may give him a few more end arounds or run plays, but not many.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Cobb comes out and dominates training camp ... would love to see him jump ahead of Driver and Jones and get some legitimate targets this year. He showed some explosive abilities on offense last year and needs to be utilized more this year.

Last edited by {Family Ghost} on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think much of that is pending on Driver. Few trick plays, few balls from slot, and a star in the return game. If Driver is back, that is. Could see far more looks from slot if they cut ties with Driver though. Just not sure I would be willing to do so just yet. Driver is still a very fine slot.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I think much of that is pending on Driver. Few trick plays, few balls from slot, and a star in the return game. If Driver is back, that is. Could see far more looks from slot if they cut ties with Driver though. Just not sure I would be willing to do so just yet. Driver is still a very fine slot.

That's how I see it. Driver is still superior in the slot, and they like to put Greg inside too as well from time to time. Not enough inside snaps to go around if DD is back.

Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice takes fellas. Your probably right, just not enough skin to go round.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on how much he picks up in the offseason. You have to grade on a curve; last year was Cobb's third season ever playing the WR position (he was recruited as a QB and converted to a WR in his soph year, came out as a Jr.)

The slot is easily the mentally toughest WR position, and I think having been a QB means he'll pick it up quicker than some, but there's a lot he has to learn yet.
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he should be alright...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i highly doubt he'd get 30 catches...maybe 20.

idk, he's ok, obviously thinks he untouchable, based on his, 'run with it no matter what' attitude, and he also is a fumble prone guy...

21 catches, 200yds
10 rushes, 95 yads
a bunch of return yards
5tds
Badgers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
i highly doubt he'd get 30 catches...maybe 20.

idk, he's ok, obviously thinks he untouchable, based on his, 'run with it no matter what' attitude, and he also is a fumble prone guy...

21 catches, 200yds
10 rushes, 95 yads
a bunch of return yards
5tds

Really? I've got a bunch of issues with this post, all of which I've bolded. For one, and making I'm taking it the wrong way, but how in the hell has he shown that he's "untouchable"? It almost makes it sound like you think he has an attitude problem with that comment.

The other thing I have an issue with is calling him fumble prone after seeing him after his ROOKIE year as a returner. If he continues that trend into next year then yes, you have to start looking at it as a possibility.

And third... Really? Almost cutting his production in half as a receiver going into his second year? On only 25 catches, he had 375 yards last year. I highly doubt that someone with his talent is going to take a huge step back in production after a full year in the offense and a full off season.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i should've stated that i think borel or gurley will be on the squad and steal some of his production.

also, by 'thinks he's untouchable'...i mean, just what it says...not to say i think he has an attitude problem at all, i don't think he does...but depiste MM constantly telling the media that he doesn't advise taking the ball out 5+yds deep, and depending on the coverage, judge if 4-6yds deep is the grey zone, cobb constantly takes the risk. he THINKS he's gonna make something out of nothing.

i think maybe that amazing 108yd return in his 1st game gave him a little too much comfortable confidence.

and at this point, theres no doubt in my mind he has a fumble tenancy, that he has to work on. obviously no one knows if it will be a real problem going forward, but in his limited time, 1 season, touching the ball, 87 times, he has 3 fumbles, don't sound like a lot, but consider greg jennings has 5 fumbles only in 395 touches...it'd be about equal to about triple
Badgers
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
ok, i should've stated that i think borel or gurley will be on the squad and steal some of his production.

also, by 'thinks he's untouchable'...i mean, just what it says...not to say i think he has an attitude problem at all, i don't think he does...but depiste MM constantly telling the media that he doesn't advise taking the ball out 5+yds deep, and depending on the coverage, judge if 4-6yds deep is the grey zone, cobb constantly takes the risk. he THINKS he's gonna make something out of nothing.

i think maybe that amazing 108yd return in his 1st game gave him a little too much comfortable confidence.

and at this point, theres no doubt in my mind he has a fumble tenancy, that he has to work on. obviously no one knows if it will be a real problem going forward, but in his limited time, 1 season, touching the ball, 87 times, he has 3 fumbles, don't sound like a lot, but consider greg jennings has 5 fumbles only in 395 touches...it'd be about equal to about triple

Cobb is also our main returner. More fumbles happen on returns than on catches.

Pugger wrote:
We all love Janis
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

Cobb is also our main returner. More fumbles happen on returns than on catches.

and, Cobb was also our most reliable catcher of the football.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna laugh hard when neither Gurley or Borel make the 53 man roster.

1-5 is going to be Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Cobb.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: