Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL is investigating Chargers for usage of banned substance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MathMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting. The chargers leaving their sticky towels all over the place.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
Disgusting. The chargers leaving their sticky towels all over the place.
ewwwwwwww

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess the charges didn't stick.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

Posts like this make me wish there was a like button here. The fine is stupid. If the rules weren't be broken then why a fine? Seems ticky tack to me.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Posts like this make me wish there was a like button here. The fine is stupid. If the rules weren't be broken then why a fine? Seems ticky tack to me.

Did you read the article? It clearly states why there was a fine.

Quote:
The fine stems from the fact that the equipment man didnít immediately come clean, as it were, when asked what he was packing.

Quote:
ďAs a result of the failure of club staff to follow the directive of a game official to immediately surrender the towels when directed to do so,Ē the league said in a statement, ďand to attempt to conceal the towels, the Chargers have been fined $20,000.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/chargers-cleared-in-stickum-investigation-face-a-fine/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was nothing being done illegally then why would the equipment guy not hand over the towels when asked to? Fine is deserved.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Did you read the article? It clearly states why there was a fine.

Quote:
The fine stems from the fact that the equipment man didnít immediately come clean, as it were, when asked what he was packing.

Quote:
ďAs a result of the failure of club staff to follow the directive of a game official to immediately surrender the towels when directed to do so,Ē the league said in a statement, ďand to attempt to conceal the towels, the Chargers have been fined $20,000.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/chargers-cleared-in-stickum-investigation-face-a-fine/

Yes I did. He was ordered to surrender an item that was not a violation and he didn't. Under that premise of they demand Peyton's cleats he has to play barefoot the rest of the game.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
If there was nothing being done illegally then why would the equipment guy not hand over the towels when asked to? Fine is deserved.

Cause he was using it? I am not a fan of giving my stuff away when I am using it either. It's like being on a ladder hanging lights and someone wants your hammer. It makes your job a lot harder not having the tools your used to.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Those are both pretty ridiculous comparisons. It's not like there aren't a bunch of other towels to use.

It'd be more akin to an inspector seeing you hanging lights and asking you to show him what size screws you were using, to make sure you are following the building code and you replying "nah, I'm good," and then turning so he can't even see what you're doing.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
^^^ Those are both pretty ridiculous comparisons. It's not like there aren't a bunch of other towels to use.

It'd be more akin to an inspector seeing you hanging lights and asking you to show him what size screws you were using, to make sure you are following the building code and you replying "nah, I'm good," and then turning so he can't even see what you're doing.

The towel was a tool of the mans trade. He never gave up control of the towel. The screw in your example would be akin to whatever substance the towel left in which case the inspector can insect away in your example.

I have a problem with the league fining someone for not jumping to give away their tool. Eventually the equipment guy gave the official the towel & the league has admitted he broke no rules. The burden of proof is on the official before he just starts taking things away from people.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
iPwn wrote:

The towel was a tool of the mans trade. He never gave up control of the towel. The screw in your example would be akin to whatever substance the towel left in which case the inspector can insect away in your example.

I have a problem with the league fining someone for not jumping to give away their tool. Eventually the equipment guy gave the official the towel & the league has admitted he broke no rules. The burden of proof is on the official before he just starts taking things away from people.

You're being ridiculous. When you're on an NFL field, you do what the refs say, simple as that.

Also, you haven't touched on the fact that the equipment manager tried to "conceal" the towels. Why hide something that you think is legal? Maybe he didn't think it was all that legal? Maybe that has something to do with why the NFL has banned those towels for the rest of the season?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to fine someone every time they argue or disagree with an official then by all means do it. Just be consistent. I want to see a fine every time a coach or players starts jawing at an official.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
If you want to fine someone every time they argue or disagree with an official then by all means do it. Just be consistent. I want to see a fine every time a coach or players starts jawing at an official.

That's not even comparable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Itíll get even worse when the league announces a partnership with an official sticky towel manufacturer"

Literally, on the money!
starry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how nearly everyone jumped to conclusions on this, but then in a place where the police give out mugshots of someone before they have even been found guilty of anything maybe it's not surprising.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: