Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL is investigating Chargers for usage of banned substance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bungleodeon


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 9364
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Wow. Too bad that won't help the receivers much. Phillip Rivers diminished arm strength can't get them the ball anyways.


You're calling the QB with arguably the best deep ball in football someone who has "diminished arm strength"...?

Are you serious right now?


Now, when you say "in football" does that include the NFC, AFC East, AFC South, AFC North and Denver as well?

If not, I can agree with you. Otherwise Shocked


Denying that Rivers throws a very very good deep ball when not being killed is ridiculous.


Yes Rivers looks like a stud when he isn't being hit. Then again pretty much every quarterback looks like a stud with good protection.


Brady Quinn looks like a stud without good protection, he just never looks like a QB.

I hope they are punished before this Sunday so the Browns can get some sort of advantage. It would be nice to beat the Chargers for once.
_________________
Adopt-a-Brown: Jabaal Sheard - Stats:
First 3 seasons: 135 Tackles - 21 Sacks - 7 FF - 2 FR - 9 PD - 11 STF
2014: 26 Tackles - 2 Sacks - 2 PD - 2 STF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Papa-Pwn


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 653
Location: Colorado/South Carolina
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I personally find it funny that they lost the game that this "substance" is in question for being used. Couldn't have been too good for them considering they still weren't able to pull out a win...


Well, they have the lowest drop % in the league, so apparently the substance did it's job.

Obviously that is only one part of the game, but it obviously helped them catch more reliably than the rest of the league and that's why it's banned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
starry


Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 175
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing has been proven yet obviously. Hopefully whatever the actual happening was can be resolved quickly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably wasn't even stickem. From the looks of that second half against the Broncos, it was probably just KY Jelly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trippene


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 77
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/23/manufacturer-provides-possible-smoking-gun-in-towelgate/

The manufacturer of the towels has come out and said that the towels leave an adhesive that is like what is used on the gloves. And that around 70% of the teams have used their product before.
_________________


Thank you Swift!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strawman Theory


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 577
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the tackiness is the same as WR Gloves, then this is entirely a non story. Reading the rule, actually, "players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players" You can consider the tackified coating a glove that does not interfere with handling of the football of other players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 7080
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
well, this is a sticky situation...


Congratulations! You win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26591
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
coors wrote:
I personally find it funny that they lost the game that this "substance" is in question for being used. Couldn't have been too good for them considering they still weren't able to pull out a win...


Well, they have the lowest drop % in the league, so apparently the substance did it's job.

Obviously that is only one part of the game, but it obviously helped them catch more reliably than the rest of the league and that's why it's banned.


Or they just don't drop the ball much? Laughing
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kramxel


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 4119
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6194
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's taking Goodell so long? They confiscated the towel so either it's illegal and puts a substance on the ball or it's legal. Should be able to determine it pretty quickly after looking at the towel. It's not like looking at a towel and seeing if it leaves a residue on a ball takes very long, I think I could show them how it's done...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kramxel


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 4119
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
What's taking Goodell so long? They confiscated the towel so either it's illegal and puts a substance on the ball or it's legal. Should be able to determine it pretty quickly after looking at the towel. It's not like looking at a towel and seeing if it leaves a residue on a ball takes very long, I think I could show them how it's done...


They actually took over 2 years to investigate the Saints....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49966
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
What's taking Goodell so long? They confiscated the towel so either it's illegal and puts a substance on the ball or it's legal. Should be able to determine it pretty quickly after looking at the towel. It's not like looking at a towel and seeing if it leaves a residue on a ball takes very long, I think I could show them how it's done...


They actually took over 2 years to investigate the Saints....


Thats a completely different situation and not nearly as cut and dry as this case should be.

Im not saying it has taken too long YET....but it absolutely shouldnt take much longer.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8671
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope they can get this solved quickly. What's with teams these days and cheating?
_________________
Me lose brain? Uh, oh! Ha ha ha! Why I laugh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26591
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/chargers-cleared-in-stickum-investigation-face-a-fine/

Woooooooo
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChiefsFtw


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 194
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn cheaters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group