Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Trying to Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Any chanc we make a move for Jared Cook?
I like him as a player, but I don't think he offers enough as a blocker to be a TE in this offense. Titans never use him as a blocker. Either they are wrong, or most likely, he does not have the skills to be an effective blocker.

Good player, I just don't think we get him though. Plus lets not forget this is a contract year for him. We are not in a position to be giving up picks for one year players.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Hoj398

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Schefter there is 4 teams in the hunt for SJAX

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

if this is true and i would love to have a swap of players even though it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY... These 2 outcomes are just wishful thinking but would be amazing if they happened.

Cowboys swap out Dez Bryant for Sjax

Steelers Swap out Mike Wallace for Sjax ( if im not mistaken Mike Wallace is a FA after this season, not really sure though, they can atleast get something out of him before he leaves.)
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

if this is true and i would love to have a swap of players even though it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY... These 2 outcomes are just wishful thinking but would be amazing if they happened.

Steelers Swap out Mike Wallace for Sjax ( if im not mistaken Mike Wallace is a FA after this season, not really sure though, they can atleast get something out of him before he leaves.)

Wallace would be a dream. But I don't think he's the WR we need. Dez in the type of WR we desire, Ala gameplan for our offense. Problem is that he's a nut case. But Sjax+a 3rd for Dez might be good, I still don't think that would happen. Heck even a WR like Miles Austin would do wonders.

Big strong intermediate WR who can get some YAC..
I would love wallace, But we may already have him and much
cheaper. Shocked We need a guy who can constantly get open between 8-15 yards and do work. Let Sam, Amendola and Givens do some damage.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
RamRod wrote:
Any chanc we make a move for Jared Cook?
I like him as a player, but I don't think he offers enough as a blocker to be a TE in this offense. Titans never use him as a blocker. Either they are wrong, or most likely, he does not have the skills to be an effective blocker.

Good player, I just don't think we get him though. Plus lets not forget this is a contract year for him. We are not in a position to be giving up picks for one year players.

If Cook was going at a reasonable price, I'd go for him. You can use him like an oversized WR. He's majorly under-utilized in that offense. He'd give Sam a guy who can own the seam.

Hoj398 wrote:

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

We'd have to throw in picks to get either and I doubt those teams part with them.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Hoj398

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

Wallace would be a dream. But I don't think he's the WR we need. Dez in the type of WR we desire, Ala gameplan for our offense. Problem is that he's a nut case. But Sjax+a 3rd for Dez might be good, I still don't think that would happen. Heck even a WR like Miles Austin would do wonders.

cheaper. Shocked We need a guy who can constantly get open between 8-15 yards and do work. Let Sam, Amendola and Givens do some damage.

that is true we might have mike wallace on our roster, but can you imagine the damage we could do if we have wallace on one side and givens on the other, they take the top off the defense, amendola, kendricks, pettis, gibson, have the middle to work with.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that any of those teams have anything to offer in the department of OLine but I would like that if they did.

This team desperately needs to solidify this OLine. I understand that injuries have plagued that unit and will most likely address it in the draft as well, but I guess my point is I am less worried about WR than I am about protecting Sam.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Hoj398

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Not that any of those teams have anything to offer in the department of OLine but I would like that if they did.

This team desperately needs to solidify this OLine. I understand that injuries have plagued that unit and will most likely address it in the draft as well, but I guess my point is I am less worried about WR than I am about protecting Sam.

the steelers have legursky (SP) the dude plays every position on line lol
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

that is true we might have mike wallace on our roster, but can you imagine the damage we could do if we have wallace on one side and givens on the other, they take the top off the defense, amendola, kendricks, pettis, gibson, have the middle to work with.

Shiot, I certainly wouldn't be complaining if we had Wallace and Givens. Sam's deep ball has been on point this year and with Amendola seemingly gonna be back after the bye, that would be a potentially lethal trio.

But, sadly, it won't happen. Sad

Hoj398

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

Shiot, I certainly wouldn't be complaining if we had Wallace and Givens. Sam's deep ball has been on point this year and with Amendola seemingly gonna be back after the bye, that would be a potentially lethal trio.

yea we can only dream.. id send pittsburgh a 3rd or 4th with sjax for wallace in a heartbeat
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

yea we can only dream.. id send pittsburgh a 3rd or 4th with sjax for wallace in a heartbeat

I would too if Wallace is willing to re-sign.

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:

1. Packers
2. Steelers
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

Rotoworld wrote:
According to ESPN's John Clayton, there's been "no action right now" on Steven Jackson in trade talks. Reliable colleague Adam Schefter had previously reported that the Rams have already fielded not just phone calls but offers from several teams. "Don't expect a trade," says Clayton, however, citing the prohibitive $3.705 million remaining on Jackson's salary. DeAngelo Williams "probably is unlikely" to be dealt, says Clayton. It's hard to imagine Williams being amendable to adjusting his salary, which has $2.779 million remaining. Per Yahoo's Brian McIntyre, a Williams trade would also cost the Panthers $1.4 million more against the 2013 cap than an offseason release. Clayton believes LeGarrette Blount "may be the most tradeable" back on the market, as he's due less than $300,000 the rest of the way and may only cost a seventh-round pick.

IDOG_det on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
According to ESPN's John Clayton, there's been "no action right now" on Steven Jackson in trade talks. Reliable colleague Adam Schefter had previously reported that the Rams have already fielded not just phone calls but offers from several teams. "Don't expect a trade," says Clayton, however, citing the prohibitive $3.705 million remaining on Jackson's salary. DeAngelo Williams "probably is unlikely" to be dealt, says Clayton. It's hard to imagine Williams being amendable to adjusting his salary, which has $2.779 million remaining. Per Yahoo's Brian McIntyre, a Williams trade would also cost the Panthers $1.4 million more against the 2013 cap than an offseason release. Clayton believes LeGarrette Blount "may be the most tradeable" back on the market, as he's due less than $300,000 the rest of the way and may only cost a seventh-round pick.
I respect John Clayton and his epic Mullet, but when it comes to sources and rumors/talks flying around the league he just isnt the guy you go to.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be glad to get Dez, but I honestly wouldnt be overjoyed. He has all the talent in the world but hes as inconsistent as they come. Hes been failing when the cowboys needed him the most and running wrong routes all year.
j-stew32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a WR core of: Dez, Givens, amendola and quick in 3 years with good coaching is scary as all heck. I would throw in a 5th with sjax for dez to be completely honest, Dez Bryant has top 5 receiver potential. A change of scenery could really benefit him. That being said, it sucks that it probably wont happen.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SI.com's Peter King sets the odds of a Steven Jackson trade at "55 percent."
We believe that's on the optimistic side. King came up with the percentage based on the opinion of one AFC personnel man. "Even though he's due a lot of money,'' the source said, "he's got real value for a contender because he can still play, and there're a few teams out there that really need a running back." King points to the Packers, Cardinals, and Cowboys as the "logical suspects" to meet the Rams' likely asking price of a third- or fourth-round pick.
Source: SI.com Oct 30 - 5:02 PM

Per Rotoworld.

Itll be kinda sad to see him go but its definitely the right move for both parties.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: