Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Trying to Trade
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Rams Trying to Trade Reply with quote

Rams are trying to trade players for more picks because they no they are not going to the super bowl. What do you think about it?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/21/report-rams-shopping-players-for-picks/
D9-EM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Lombardi is an idiot. Who do we have that we can afford to part with that's even worth any picks? So he's basically saying that we're going dump whats left of the season for draft picks when we're already looking good in that department. I don't see it. Rolling Eyes
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't really sound like it's what Lombardi thinks the Rams are going to do, it seemed to me like it's something Lombardi thinks the Rams should do, according to his opinion.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last week schefter was reporting about teams interested in jackson.
and when i look how the rams are dealing with the jackson-situation. i guess, they are shopping him.
they get gennaway, after drafting two backs. richardson splitting 50/50 snaps with jackson. the rams telling jackson to look around the nfl to get a new contract. etc. ...
i think they were shopping him since day one. he is not part of the plan.
Bond_007x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
Mike Lombardi is an idiot.

Great quote. He's the worst and has been wrong so many times.
D9-EM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
last week schefter was reporting about teams interested in jackson.
and when i look how the rams are dealing with the jackson-situation. i guess, they are shopping him.
they get gennaway, after drafting two backs. richardson splitting 50/50 snaps with jackson. the rams telling jackson to look around the nfl to get a new contract. etc. ...
i think they were shopping him since day one. he is not part of the plan.

But, he'll be a UFA in a few months. Why would anyone trade for him now?
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause they need him now. he is 29 he is not a guy you trade for cause he is in your future plans.
a team like the packers make sense.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes a ton of sense to me. If you can get solid compensation, wouldn't mind trading Quinton Mikell or Steven Jackson. I could also see a couple role players that would make sense for other teams.

The more picks the better.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Brodie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a few people talking in the comment section of another sites article about trading Fletcher for a 5th. That would be the stupidest thing we can do. Fletch is a beast

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Saw a few people talking in the comment section of another sites article about trading Fletcher for a 5th. That would be the stupidest thing we can do. Fletch is a beast
There's no doubt in my mind he was on the block in the pre-season because he is a guy from the last regime, but I would really like to think he has proven himself here. He's been just as important as any player on defense this year. Teams can't "go after" a corner when we are running a nickel defense.

I think Fletcher is safe for now.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got to really comment on this situation, but I think its obvious that we should be looking to ship some guys out. We dont know how moving the Trade Deadline 2 weeks out will effect everything. It does let some more separation to happen tho.

Steven Jackson is the most obvious option to me moved, I think some team could be interested in him, and we arent getting anything for him after this season anyway. Its time to let go of the past, and take something for him. It may only be a 5th rounder or something like that, but using him to build the depth of the roster is better served than having him split carries for half the season.

As for others who could be moved, Bradley Fletcher is also another viable option. I would imagine they would have approached him about the possibility of resigning if they want him, and if he wants to look to be a starter there is a chance we could move him.

Some will roll their eyes at this but there is a chance that a team that needs a complimentary Receiver down the stretch could look at Brandon Gibson. It is unlikely, and wouldnt fetch much, but he shows that as a secondary receiver he could really help a team.

With Barksdale looking good this week, and Saffold on his way back, Someone might look at a rejuvenated Wayne Hunter for the rest of the season.

I like him alot, and still think he could break out soon, but Lance Kendricks is likely on the block. He isnt their guy and if they have other plans at TE going forward, they might want to get something for a recent draft pick.

And lastly someone already mentioned him, but Quintin Mikell is probably at the top of this list with Steven. Its unlikely he is back next year with his high salary, and they could try to ship him to a team with secondary needs.

In the end it is unlikely that any guy other than Steven is moved, but if we can ship out a few guys for a few late round picks I think they would do it. We need to build up the middle/bottom of this roster just as much as the Top of it, if not more so.A 5th and a couple 6ths added would be nice going into the Draft. But like I said I doubt we get that.
RamRod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it but someone on Twitter said we were finalizing a deal to send Steven Jackson to the Panthers for two firsts before Hurney was fired.
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
I don't believe it but someone on Twitter said we were finalizing a deal to send Steven Jackson to the Panthers for two firsts before Hurney was fired.

Well who is this someone you speak of?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:

I'd even throw in Dahl to get that deal done.

Can you imagine a backfield of SJax, DeAngelo, J-Stew, and Tolbert to go along with Newton?

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
RamRod wrote:

I'd even throw in Dahl to get that deal done.

Can you imagine a backfield of SJax, DeAngelo, J-Stew, and Tolbert to go along with Newton?

They'd have to run a hybrid offensive version of the wildcat package called the "wildcat(s)..."

TommyC376 on the sig...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: