You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seantrel Henderson
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Seantrel Henderson Reply with quote

Seantrel Henderson:
6'8" 330 Pounds
Third year junior

Once the apple of every college's eye, Henderson struggled to put it all together for the Miami Hurricanes. Seantrel was once the #1 OT recruit in the nation and he was so gifted that he was even gracing magazine covers. He was a big time recruit. Various off field problems have kept Henderson from developing into the "cross between Orlando Pace and Jonathan Ogden" that a recruiter said he was.

Don't look now but Henderson is seeing the field consistently each of the past three games and he's had pretty good showings. He's still really raw but the ability is clearly there. His movement ability at his size is freakish and his frame is absolutely perfect for the position with good height, length and girth. And he does not disappoint anchoring against power rushers. He gets to the second level with ease (but hitting a target is an adventure at this point). And often times with these college OTs you see guys who aren't cognizant of what is going on beyond the guy they're currently blocking but Henderson does a really nice job of picking up pressure from the outside and his ability to help the RG and then peel off to block a stunt or a late blitzer is very good. Shows good cut blocking skill too.

Watching him play is actually sort of funny. He's so athletic, he's so raw and he tries so hard. There's a pile? Seantrel is getting in on it. Miami player on the ground? Seantrel is running to help them up. Scuffle down field? Here comes big Seantrel. I love his effort level on the field. He's not quite a dominator yet because of inconsistent technique but I have seen him looking for people to hit and playing through the whistle.

He's like a like a piece of the finest marble you could ever wish for and it's just waiting to be chiseled into something great. He clearly has the ability to play either side of the line at the next level but he'll need to clean up his game. I saw his feet get crossed over in the North Carolina game. I saw him bend at the waist and lunging into blocks. He needs to work on locking onto players when he gets his hands on them. He needs a lot of work as a run blocker, he struggles to hit a target in the run game, especially at the second level. And he's prone to mental lapses as he's been called for a handful on penalties that shouldn't have been.

Against Florida State he shut out Bjoern Werner and Tank Carradine except for one 4th and 20 play where Werner beat him. On that play Werner went right at Henderson, popped him and then Henderson guessed where Werner was going. Henderson thought Werner was going inside on him so he shifted inside but Werner quickly dashed around an out of position Henderson for the sack.

I'm really interested in seeing him develop because from a raw talent stand point, he's as good as it gets. Trouble off the field and a general lack of polish keep me from making day one or two proclamations right now but the potential is certainly there. What do you all think of him?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may be improving, but he's been in Golden's doghouse forever and like you said, is extremely raw. Really athletic, kind of like Bruce Campbell in that you'd be taking him more for potential.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping an old thread but couldn't find a more recent one.

Reading that the Falcons and especially Mike Tice LOVE Henderson.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the Steelers to take him if he slips to the end of the 3rd. Give our new O-line coach another project.

Deadpulse on the sig
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams need to take him. Our O Line coach would work wonders with him

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
birdman70

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Bumping an old thread but couldn't find a more recent one.

Reading that the Falcons and especially Mike Tice LOVE Henderson.

I wouldn't mind taking him with our 3rd rounder. You just can't teach that kind of size. Hate to use a 3rd on a developmental guy, but I think he'd be worth it.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's very talented, but some say that he just doesn't have the drive to be great. I can't really judge that myself from a computer screen, and that makes him a hard prospect to evaluate. His talent makes him a 1st rounder, but if his work ethic issues are real, then it's hard to draft him where his talent suggests.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this a weird comparison but he seems like a Greg Hardy,Calais Campbell, Michael Johnson type of prospect. I know that all three of those guys are defensive lineman but all three of them had very high expectations and a ton of physical talent but didn't really live up to it causing them to slip in the draft. I think Henderson is a guy that will fall in comparison to his physical talent and upside but who could develop into a pro-bowl type of player if he ends up in the right system and in the right locker room.
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember him coming out of high school. I think its pretty obvious the kid has major focus/lazy issues. He is the Jamarcus Russell of the offensive line. All the talent in the world and nothing upstairs. I wouldnt touch him until the 4th.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Ambrose

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't following him since he got to college but he's one of the two biggest people I've ever seen from <10 feet away (along with Lebron although for a different reason).
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have gone to OSU. Our o-line coach would have made him tougher.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

yeah but would he been able to stay on the field tho.

He had trouble staying on the field, Urban would of done the same things with his issues
M_Phillips

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="buno67"]
candyman93 wrote:

yeah but would he been able to stay on the field tho.

He had trouble staying on the field, Urban would of done the same things with his issues[/quote\]

Looked horrible from what I saw yesterday
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Laughing No. Gotta want to get better and Henderson didn't.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Marv, put this kid under your wing.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: