Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Medi's 1st "value" mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medisback

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Medi's 1st "value" mock Reply with quote

Resign
OT Ryan Clady
CB Tracy Porter
FA
1. Jairus Byrd safety BUF
2. Henry Melton DT CHI

I plan on using cbssports rankings for this mock. This is my "value mock" I will have us picking at 17 for now.
Team needs
MLB, OL, DL, DB, WR, KR/PR, HB bruiser
Chart
Position Round (# ranked for that round)
MLB 1(1), 2(3) , 3(3), 4(2), 5 (1), 6 (2), 7+ (7)
DT 1(5), 2(2), 3(3), 4(3), 5(3), 6(3), 7+(6)
DE 1(4), 2(5), 3(4), 4(2), 5(3), 6(3), 7+ (12)
CB 1(3), 2(4), 3(2), 4(4), 5(5), 6(5), 7+ (3)
SS 1(0), 2(1), 3(2), 4(1), 5(1), 6(0), 7 (2)
FS 1(1), 2(1), 3(2), 4(1), 5(2), 6(1), 7(2)
OT 1(4), 2(4), 3(2), 4(2), 5(3), 6(3), 7+ (Cool
OG 1(2) , 2(2), 3(1), 4(2), 5(2), 6(2), 7+ (7)
OC 1(0), 2(0), 3(1), 4(1), 5(0), 6(2), 7(2)
WR 1(4), 2(3), 3(4), 4(5), 5(3), 6(4), 7(6)
HB 1(1), 2(3), 3(3), 4(3), 5(3), 6(3), 7(3)

Round 1:
Den trades back from 17 to 22 and picks up an extra 3rd.
22. Draft: Mante Teo MLB UND: D finally gets their field general. I feel like he is not going to be the "super prospect" Willis was and will be available in the 20s.

Value chart: this is not a very good ILB class so DEN grabs the best one available who also can help provide some identity to the D.

Round 2:
Drafting at 49, there isn't a lot of value here, Den trades back to 29 and picks up an additional 3rd and trades back again (sound like Elway last year?) to 70 (SF from CAR) and picks up an extra 4th

Round 3:
There is a TON of value in this round based upon current player rankings on CBSsports

70. Matt Elam SS Florida: reliable tackler, willing to come up for run support and not a liability in coverage. Another leader on defense.

Value: weak position again get my favorite available in spite of Vaccaro having a higher rating (Just watched Baylor put up 50 on UT) I like Elam better.

81. Tyrann "honey badger" Mathieu CB (formerly) LSU: Will provide more DB depth; furthermore, solves problem with KR/PR (*ahem back to back fumbles*).

Value: depth at CB AND KR/PR duties

86. Khaled Holmes OC/OG USC: quick off the snap and wide body to open up holes and still protect the QB. Would help get short yardage we have had issues with over the last few years.

Very versatile player: There are not many interior lineman that I like better (Warmack the only one who comes to mind currently)

Round 4:
113. Da'Rick Rogers WR Tenn Tech: some off the field issues; however, simply a man-beast. Even in the physical SEC, he was not someone to be "pressed." Another weapon for PFM. Falls like Marshall, picked up in similar round. (He has Julio Jones skills, worth the gamble that Peyton can get the most out of him)

Value: simply plays better than he will be drafted. WR is a deep position this year.

123. Abry Jones DT/DE Georgia: Has played all along the line. Has been overshadowed by more well-known teammates but possesses good lateral agility, balance and power and could be a very solid pick-up

Value: Deeper class this year. Nonstop motor seems to be a Fox/JDR quality that is highly valued

Round 5:
145. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU: Relatively raw, but possesses good size (6-5, 270) and very good speed with excellent fluidity and explosiveness. Probably will go higher on draft day. Steal pick.

Round 6:
177. Knile Davis RB Arkansas: McFadden-esque player whose Jr campaign ended with a fractured ankle that has sapped him of some of his previous speed. However, very good at pass protection, soft hands out of the backfield and good size should get him some time on the field. If he fully recovers, could replace another player with a gruesome injury (McGahee)

Value: not a great RB class. Davis falls due to injury. He has returned and is holding up ok but likely won't be the homerun threat he once was. His value will lie in the well-roundedness he provides.

Round 7:
209. Manase Foketi OT KSU/West TA&M: Coming back from an achilles injury, very good against speed rushers, still working on technique. Worth a late round flyer

Value: merely depth, he is good at pass protection and we want to keep PFM upright.

Thoughts? I haven't made this quite as formulaic as in the past but it's early
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be thrilled with a draft like this. It is still early and a lot can happen, but I just don't see Teo lasting into the 20's. I know there is a feeling that LB's fall, but there has been quite a few LB's selected high over the past 3 or so seasons. Aaron Curry, Rolando Mcclain, Sean Weatherspoon, Brian Cushing, and Luke Kuechly all come to mind. I personally would put Teo in Curry and Kuechly's class as a prospect. He is a 3 down player that is all over the field, is instinctive, and make big plays. Not only that he is a fit in any scheme and looks like he'll be a leader and tone setter for a defense for a decade.

Unless he gets severely injured or times poorly in the offseason process I don't see him lasting past the top 15.
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a fan personally dont think te'o will fall that far in the 1st next taking a safety after getting jairus byrd im happy with rahim moores progress this year and we have to many other needs to fill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melton is nice but I would prefer a DT more oriented in stopping the run. I don't think Melton will come cheap given his production against the pass either.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Mile High

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o is a top 10 pick.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I would be thrilled with a draft like this. It is still early and a lot can happen, but I just don't see Teo lasting into the 20's. I know there is a feeling that LB's fall, but there has been quite a few LB's selected high over the past 3 or so seasons. Aaron Curry, Rolando Mcclain, Sean Weatherspoon, Brian Cushing, and Luke Kuechly all come to mind. I personally would put Teo in Curry and Kuechly's class as a prospect. He is a 3 down player that is all over the field, is instinctive, and make big plays. Not only that he is a fit in any scheme and looks like he'll be a leader and tone setter for a defense for a decade.

Unless he gets severely injured or times poorly in the offseason process I don't see him lasting past the top 15.

Of the LBs you said majority are 4-3 OLB. Kuechly i the only pure MLB. I thik its around there is where he'll go (15-25). But that can change based on workouts and other things.

I dont think Elam will last until 70 based on projections ect... Honey Badger wants to return to school so i doubt ncaa suspends him next yr to point he declares.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assure you Teo will be long gone by the 22nd pick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Te'o going any earlier than late teens.

I think if Elway/Fox fall in love with Te'o they'll be able to get him by either trading up to late teens or early twenties if we're picking at the very bottom end of the 1st.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:

I think if Elway/Fox fall in love with Te'o they'll be able to get him by either trading up to late teens or early twenties if we're picking at the very bottom end of the 1st.

He has to be seriously on their Radar. Fox is obviously frustrated with MLB play.
Arguably the most critical piece in a 4-3 is a quality MLB. Te'o wouldn't be the last piece in the puzzle, but it's hard to imagine an upgrade at any other position, Offense or Defense that would have a more immediate and positive impact.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o wouldn't fix our problems at the DT position. He'll probably have 2 scrubs in front of him. The last DTs we had that were worth a damn were Gerard Warren and Michael Myers.

Sad Story.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Te'o wouldn't fix our problems at the DT position. He'll probably have 2 scrubs in front of him. The last DTs we had that were worth a damn were Gerard Warren and Michael Myers.

Sad Story.

Bunkley???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruzp23 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Sad Story.

Bunkley???

See New Orleans Saints. I think we overrated him as well. The Saints Fans here have said he packed it in when he got paid.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very optomistic to think we could sign Byrd and Melton. I think this i a great offseason to pursue a FA safety, but I would pass on Melton He is going to demand tons of $$$ and isnt a very well rounded player.

I think that Te'o gets overdrafted and is long gone by our 1st rounder.

I like Elam, but IMO we dont need to target another Safety. Especially if we sign a S in FA. A stable of Byrd/Rahim with two of Leonard/Carter/Adams as backups is a great rotation. No need to draft another S, much less with a top 75 pick.

I think that Honey Badger goes back to school as well. Also, no way Da'Rick falls to the 4th. And, I dont think this regime will draft guys with character problems so both Honey Badger and Da'Rick wont be on our big board IMO. Apparently Jenkins was removed from our big board last season due to his off field issues.

I love the pick of Ansah and Davis. Come combine time Ansah is going to blow up and his stock will be far closer to the 1st round than the 5th. Knile Davis in the 5th is optomistic as well, but RB's fall so who knows.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:

He has to be seriously on their Radar. Fox is obviously frustrated with MLB play.
Arguably the most critical piece in a 4-3 is a quality MLB. Te'o wouldn't be the last piece in the puzzle, but it's hard to imagine an upgrade at any other position, Offense or Defense that would have a more immediate and positive impact.

I agree, I think the Broncos will definitely pursue a new MLB this offseason. It doesn't look like there's going to be a decent MLB in FA next year assuming Urlacher re-signs with the Bears. I look for the Broncos to draft one early whether it's Te'o, Ogletree, or someone else.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo is fast playing himself in to a top 10 pick. Barring injury or severe loss of form I cant see any scenario he lasts in to the late teens. If the Broncos want him, they will have to give up a lot to get in to the top 10.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: