Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A question about the rest of the season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: A question about the rest of the season Reply with quote

Do you guys see us picking #1 overall again? Or at least in the top 5? I dont think its that far fetched of a possibility. With the latest Ryan Kalil injury, and a tough remaining schedule? 4-12? What do you guys think?

7 Sun, Oct 21 vsDallas 1:00 PM FOX L
8 Sun, Oct 28 @Chicago 1:00 PM FOX L
9 Sun, Nov 4 @Washington 1:00 PM FOX L
10 Sun, Nov 11 vsDenver 1:00 PM CBS L
11 Sun, Nov 18 vsTampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX W?
12 Mon, Nov 26 @Philadelphia 8:30 PM ESPN L
13 Sun, Dec 2 @Kansas City 1:00 PM FOX W?
14 Sun, Dec 9 vsAtlanta 1:00 PM FOX L
15 Sun, Dec 16 @San Diego 4:05 PM FOX L
16 Sun, Dec 23 vsOakland 1:00 PM CBS W?
17 Sun, Dec 30 @New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will base it off how well/poorly we play against Dallas. If we come out strong, focused, and with a solid, flexible gameplan then I think we can end up 9-7 (yea, I said it). If we come out poorly and unfocused...well...at least we can pick up some defensive STUD in the draft.

^^Peppers90^^
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case we come out flat and do end up with a Top 3 pick...

1. Eagles release Michael Vick
2. Eagles swap with us for our pick.
3. Eagles draft Geno Smith
4. We get a boatload of picks and probably still pick in the Top 20
5. ???
6. Profit.

^^Peppers90^^
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than half of those games are winnable. At this point we could still end up with 7 wins. I think ultimately we end up with 6 wins (so 5 in the remaining games). Should be good for a pick around #10.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
More than half of those games are winnable. At this point we could still end up with 7 wins. I think ultimately we end up with 6 wins (so 5 in the remaining games). Should be good for a pick around #10.

Am I wrong for wanting them to not win any more games so that we are guaranteed a great pick? Last year at #9 we really only had 1 choice to draft. Who are the DTs besides Star Lotulelei?
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

Am I wrong for wanting them to not win any more games so that we are guaranteed a great pick? Last year at #9 we really only had 1 choice to draft. Who are the DTs besides Star Lotulelei?

kawann short from purdue and johnathan hankins from ohio st are the other big two as far as i know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

kawann short from purdue and johnathan hankins from ohio st are the other big two as far as i know.

Some like Hankins more than Star, but Star's measurables will push him up after the combine.

Star is a top 7 pick, Hankins somewhere from 7-15, Short in the 12-25 range.

Safety is our other big need, and Eric Reid would be really good in the early teens. Other than him, safety is more of a 2nd round pick, a guy like Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma), some actually think TJ McDonald (USC) could fall too. So I think we'll be in good shape to come out of the first 2 rounds with 2 impact players, even if we're picking at 12 or 15.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't start to think about where we pick until week 13-14. As far as I am concerned I want a W every Sunday until maybe late December.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
marschmellow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys really? We're thinking about the draft already? Here's the problem with losing: it indicates that our team, as it is, is bad. One defensive stud is not going to fix a 4-12 team. So we better hope that we do well, even if not well enough to make the playoffs, cause it will mean that our team as is doesn't suck as much as we fear it does. If it turns out we're an 8-win team this year, that'd be awesome, and just the development of our young players--especially Cam--is enough to make us even better for next year, even if we don't have a high pick. There's also FA.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marschmellow wrote:
C'mon guys really? We're thinking about the draft already? Here's the problem with losing: it indicates that our team, as it is, is bad. One defensive stud is not going to fix a 4-12 team. So we better hope that we do well, even if not well enough to make the playoffs, cause it will mean that our team as is doesn't suck as much as we fear it does. If it turns out we're an 8-win team this year, that'd be awesome, and just the development of our young players--especially Cam--is enough to make us even better for next year, even if we don't have a high pick. There's also FA.

Yes, I am thinking about the darft already. The quality of football, or lack there of that this franchise is putting on the field leads me to believe we will not win another game. Our #1 WR is dropping balls like it's cool, our best OLman just went down for the season, Beason seems as if he lost his starting job to a rookie and our FS is a give away from Baltimore that committed the cardinal sin of FS play. Our stud QB is one hopping go ahead TD passes to wide open dudes. Yes, we are a dumpster fire, train wreck of a football team and if we win just enough to be in the middle of the 1st round again, we get a tweener like Kuechly, who is a good player, but we didnt need a LB, we NEED a DT more than any other position and have for years, at least since Kris Jenkins left. So yes, I am thinking of the draft, the play of this football team is not something to look forward to on Sunday.
Moody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DT or a WR is my preference, regardless of where we are picking. FS or corner in the second round.

While I've been a pretty clear opponent of keeping Rivera I don't think the Panthers will go win less than 6 games. Even at this point.

Picking up a few wins at the end of the year seems to be the Panther way.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
A DT or a WR is my preference, regardless of where we are picking. FS or corner in the second round.

While I've been a pretty clear opponent of keeping Rivera I don't think the Panthers will go win less than 6 games. Even at this point.

Picking up a few wins at the end of the year seems to be the Panther way.

Im with you, DT, FS, CB, maybe a WR in FA for once!!! One time. The last significant signing we had in FA worked out. Mark Wahle and Ken Lucas. They were mainstays on this team for a a few years. Both starters from day 1 of their signing. Or draft one way and address in FA, doesnt matter to me, I just wanna see my team succeed and do it consistently.
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
Im with you, DT, FS, CB, maybe a WR in FA for once!!! One time. The last significant signing we had in FA worked out. Mark Wahle and Ken Lucas. They were mainstays on this team for a a few years. Both starters from day 1 of their signing. Or draft one way and address in FA, doesnt matter to me, I just wanna see my team succeed and do it consistently.

Jerry Richardson disagrees with you. He did an interview some time ago where he said Lucas and Wahle both greatly disrupted team chemistry, and never lived up to the contracts they received. Those two players are one of the biggest reasons why we don't make big splashes in FA. Kind of ironic to see you mention them as examples of success.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Moody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:

Jerry Richardson disagrees with you. He did an interview some time ago where he said Lucas and Wahle both greatly disrupted team chemistry, and never lived up to the contracts they received. Those two players are one of the biggest reasons why we don't make big splashes in FA. Kind of ironic to see you mention them as examples of success.

So... Team chemistry is why they hand out huge contracts to current players? How many of those guys lived up to their contracts more than Ken Lucas?

Good thing we have two jolly runningbacks taking away carries from each other in a pass happy league/offense with a QB that is going to run more than either of them!

I really hope whoever replaces Hurney isn't simply an extension of Richardson. Not only have they drafted like crap using BPA, they refused to build for the future and project needs.
panther dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cypher"]
HighPointNCKid wrote:

Jerry Richardson disagrees with you. He did an interview some time ago where he said Lucas and Wahle both greatly disrupted team chemistry, and never lived up to the contracts they received.

link?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: