Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT: Cowboys @ Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, if Chud is so damn good of a OFF Cord, why does he not open the playbook? When the running game is not working. Riveria needs to man up on some of these calls like the Anderson horse collar tackle. Why did he not throw that pretty red flag?? IMO it's not the players fault it's more the coaching staffs fault for our loses.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
I want to see Newton under center to start the game in Chicago.

Why do you think we dont see him under center more? Why didnt he play under center in college? he is not good when dropping back to pass. He has ALWAY ran a simplified offense.

Are yall really bashing d will? Seriously. We run a bullcrap offense with a bullcrap run game. He is great in the right scheme and we are using him wrong.

You see superbowl winning teams running a bullcrap option? I dont.......

power running games and defense win championships. I know this league is more passing now but you still have to run between the tackles.

carolina kitten on the crazy sig
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3428fanatic wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Why do you think we dont see him under center more? Why didnt he play under center in college? he is not good when dropping back to pass. He has ALWAY ran a simplified offense.

Are yall really bashing d will? Seriously. We run a bullcrap offense with a bullcrap run game. He is great in the right scheme and we are using him wrong.

power running games and defense win championships. I know this league is more passing now but you still have to run between the tackles.

He broke the rookie passing record going often under center! Are you really bringing up the towel in the other thread and gimmick garbage here against Newton? A Panthers fan doing this boggles mind. At least other fans using that are too ignorant because they don't watch the games.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Sir_Purrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to have an explaination on why Coach Ron Rivera couldn't care less about the Offense. Seeing as they had a bye week and the only change they made was to start J-Stew over DWilly. It's time for him to stop having a hands off approach and start having a hands on approach. Just from this game there were times when Cam was getting ready to go out on the field and he would be talking to Shula and Coach Ron Rivera wouldn't even be listening in on the conversation. I mean it's not like Shula's been an NFL Head Coach before. He should be listening to see if the right message is getting across to his QB. I kind of feel sorry for Cam. With all he's been through it's like the only one who's got his back is his QB Coach. That's just sad.
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

He broke the rookie passing record going often under center! Are you really bringing up the towel in the other thread and gimmick garbage here against Newton? A Panthers fan doing this boggles mind. At least other fans using that are too ignorant because they don't watch the games.

You really think he threw for more yards undee center then he did from the gun last year? No way...

I brought up being tired of seeing him mope with a towel over his head after he plays bad. he sits by himself and doesnt pump up the team.

Let me get this right. EVERYONE bashed jake and it was ok but since im being honest about cam it is mind boggling?...... Really? im just being real and saying what i see.

3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i cheer like hell for cam, i want the dude to be the best ever. Just to be clear. Im just able to take a step back and not be a homer and act like he is great now. He needs a ton of work and most if it is mental

iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3428fanatic wrote:
And i cheer like hell for cam, i want the dude to be the best ever. Just to be clear. Im just able to take a step back and not be a homer and act like he is great now. He needs a ton of work and most if it is mental

Considering you are implying we're the homers because a guy stated he is good when coming from under center, I've got a feeling that while you may "want" Cam to be a good player, you darn sure have ridiculously high expectations for him.

And RG3 didn't go under center in college either. Neither did Bradford. Neither did Brees. Neither did a lot of QBs in the NFL right now. Just because someone hasn't been asked to do it doesn't mean they can't and I seriously doubt Newton is a bad drop back passer. As a matter of fact, whenever we ask him to do it, he looks really good - in particular, he gelled really well off PA to Shockey and Olsen last year coming out of center.

Quote:
EVERYONE bashed jake and it was ok but since im being honest about cam it is mind boggling?

Are you comparing Newton's issues with Jake's?

I still don't know what you are seeing. Name me one example of Newton not getting his due criticism. Everyone agrees he could be playing better and he's been inconsistent. Everyone agrees the offense stinks. So why do you keep acting as if you are the only one who realizes this? Just because we state positives for him doesn't mean we don't recognize the negatives.

Quote:
You really think he threw for more yards undee center then he did from the gun last year?

Of course he didn't because we ran a lot more from shotgun than we did under center. He did, however, look good whenever we asked him to, especially throwing to the tight ends and across the middle.
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
Guys, if Chud is so damn good of a OFF Cord, why does he not open the playbook?

I remember hearing about how huge Chud's playbook was and how he would really have to simplify the offense for the rookie. Now it seems that he only knows one running play. His play calling in the red zone has been awful. When we're in a first and goal situation and we can't put our QB under center and gain some tough yards between the tackles with Williams, Stewart, Tolbert and Newton on our roster, we has some serious problems.

Rivera seems like a guy that would be all for having a tough running game. I don't know why he isn't telling Chud to mix some power running into the game plan.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the question is, are we dumb enough to continue running this dumb, one play run play against Chicago? I mean, on one play, we did leave Ware (WARE!) unblocked and let him chew up Stew. So I'm not expecting us to change much offensively next week. Shame to see Rivera still not accept any of the blame in post game conference but eh.

Run defense has looked fabulous lately, seem to have remembered how to wrap up and tackle (which was the main issue - we had always been in position) and LaFell has been great for us this year. Smith on the other hand seems to more and more be less of an impact player on this team.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
How does the offense still run the option despite all the evidence that teams have figured it out, despite the money they've put into the running back position, and the fact that the offensive line is torn to shreds?

It defies all logic.
The problem isn't that they run the option, it's that they run the option too much. The option still works, but it should be the exception, not the rule.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Last edited by fretgod99 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
Guys, if Chud is so damn good of a OFF Cord, why does he not open the playbook? When the running game is not working. Riveria needs to man up on some of these calls like the Anderson horse collar tackle. Why did he not throw that pretty red flag?? IMO it's not the players fault it's more the coaching staffs fault for our loses.
I thought you couldn't horse collar at the line of scrimmage, or am I thinking of something else. It was a run for no gain, so why was it a penalty?

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to watch a ton of the game, so you guys might have to chime in, but I got the impression that the defense actually played pretty solidly. They gave up too many thirds and there were some really dumb penalties, but considering the pieces we have available, I thought they played much better than they had in previous games.

So, you know, at least there's that.

MrDrew wrote:
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Wow. Williams has a lot more twitter fanboys than I thought. I tweeted at him, and now have 50 people attacking me Laughing

Well your tweet was super jerkish.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:

Considering you are implying we're the homers because a guy stated he is good when coming from under center, I've got a feeling that while you may "want" Cam to be a good player, you darn sure have ridiculously high expectations for him.

And RG3 didn't go under center in college either. Neither did Bradford. Neither did Brees. Neither did a lot of QBs in the NFL right now. Just because someone hasn't been asked to do it doesn't mean they can't and I seriously doubt Newton is a bad drop back passer. As a matter of fact, whenever we ask him to do it, he looks really good - in particular, he gelled really well off PA to Shockey and Olsen last year coming out of center.

Quote:
EVERYONE bashed jake and it was ok but since im being honest about cam it is mind boggling?

Are you comparing Newton's issues with Jake's?

I still don't know what you are seeing. Name me one example of Newton not getting his due criticism. Everyone agrees he could be playing better and he's been inconsistent. Everyone agrees the offense stinks. So why do you keep acting as if you are the only one who realizes this? Just because we state positives for him doesn't mean we don't recognize the negatives.

Quote:
You really think he threw for more yards undee center then he did from the gun last year?

Of course he didn't because we ran a lot more from shotgun than we did under center. He did, however, look good whenever we asked him to, especially throwing to the tight ends and across the middle.

Im not calling you or anyone else a homer i was just saying im able to take a step back and look at it differently.

but if wanting my qb to not fumble when we have a lead under 2 minutes on the road teying to ice a game, wanting him to score more then 1 td against the seahawks and cowboys is to high of expectations then what are we wabting the number 1 pick in the draft to do.

boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
I wasn't able to watch a ton of the game, so you guys might have to chime in, but I got the impression that the defense actually played pretty solidly. They gave up too many thirds and there were some really dumb penalties, but considering the pieces we have available, I thought they played much better than they had in previous games.

So, you know, at least there's that.

Defense played really well minus the one drive where Miles Austin went off, outside of that we kept them in check for the most part.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: