Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Devin Street Wr PITT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grubs10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Devin Street Wr PITT Reply with quote

Listed at 6-4 190 (although he has added weight since being a twig his freshman year.

2012 stats: 39 catches 514 yards 13.2 avg 3 tds
Career Stats (3 seasons): 117 catches 1586 yards 13.6 avg 7 tds

I am fairly biased but I think he has a chance to be a good pro. Big body, fairly fluid, and while he isn't blazing fast he has good speed for his size. His quarterback has really held him back his whole career with his lack of accuracy and inability to find the open man. Also our line has been shaky in pass protection limiting the ability to run deep passes.He is a redshirt junior so part of me thinks he might stay at Pitt another year so he will have someone other than Tino Sunseri throwing him the ball.

Anyone else have an opinion on his status as a prospect and how he will do in the NFL so I can see how biased I actually am?

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He killed us this year. Has an NFL body, but he just isn't very fast or strong. Couldn't beat our terrible corners deep, which can be put on Sunseri to an extent, but doesn't scream upside. He reads zone well and knows where to sit down and get open. He might be a late round guy, but my guess is he goes undrafted. He's kinda like Derek Hagan (not Hagan as a prospect coming out of ASU, but Hagan playing right now).

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick him up in rounds 5-7 as I think he is better than his college career shows. He just has an inaccurate QB throwing to him and isn't exceeding great at anything. Plenty of those types of WRs are successful in college and the pros. I think he could have 3rd round potential just hasn't played to that level yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember him catching a touchdown against us. He had huge games against Syracuse and Louisville.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
11/02/12 - Three Pittsburgh players are facing assault and conspiracy charges stemming from an incident last month. Running back Ray Graham, wide receiver Devin Street and defensive back Lafayette Pitts were charged Thursday night but not arrested, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The players will face a preliminary hearing on Jan. 9. The university did not immediately comment on the charges or address the players' status for Saturday's game with Notre Dame. Pittsburgh police said in a criminal complaint that as they tried to disperse a crowd from an intersection in Oakland on Oct. 21 the alleged victim, Karl Olsheski, told them that three men assaulted him but that he did not want medical attention or wish to file a police report. According to the complaint, Olsheski said he was walking with two women when Graham directed a racial slur at him and then the three men descended upon him and Street hit him in the head. Graham leads Pitt in rushing with 622 yards and seven touchdowns and Street is the team's top receiver with 50 catches for 695 yards and four touchdowns. - The Sports Xchange
[url]
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=96775&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR[/url]

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Devin personally, we went to the same HS, played baseball together our whole lives...etc etc

That arrest story is very ticky tack and they won't get in any trouble once the facts come out about that case...I can say that with absolute certainty. There were allegedly some racial slurs being thrown about by the kid who got hit...so yeah.

Anyway, I can say there were a lot of hopes for Devin to be an NFL player, and I think when he was stuck with Sunseri at QB they kinda crashed and burned. He's talented, and I think he'll get drafted but it's tough to say now.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: