Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs Texans GDT: The Battle for AFC Supremacy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's More Likely to Happen Sunday?
Arian Foster runs for over 200 yards on our defense.
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
Ray Rice totals 200 yards combined on their defense.
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
And part of that blame should go to Ray Rice, who is not nearly as explosive as he used to be.

What? Think

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your WR's struggle to get separation you've got to be more creative in scheme then and use motion and stuff to get them head starts.

But I mean I don't know how you expect our WR's to get separation when they're just running quick speed outs every time.
MilleniumD2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing that gets me the most is how Green Bays D totally shut Houston's offense down the week before but then we make them look like world beaters. Green Bays defense is about the same as ours talent wise so the only possible thing I can think of is Pees scheme. Also, tight ends are killing us every game and we still haven't figured out how to stop it.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilleniumD2000 wrote:
I think the thing that gets me the most is how Green Bays D totally shut Houston's offense down the week before but then we make them look like world beaters. Green Bays defense is about the same as ours talent wise so the only possible thing I can think of is Pees scheme. Also, tight ends are killing us every game and we still haven't figured out how to stop it.

Not to mention Green Bay's offense, the same offense that allowed 9 sacks against Seattle, completely DESTROYED Houston's defense, and then the next week we make them look like the GOAT.

Yeah, I don't understand how we continuously allow TE's to get wide open in coverage. Blows my mind.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
If your WR's struggle to get separation you've got to be more creative in scheme then and use motion and stuff to get them head starts.

But I mean I don't know how you expect our WR's to get separation when they're just running quick speed outs every time.

You're not connecting the dots.

When we run deeper routes, our WRs struggle to get separation.

When we run shorter routes, our WRs struggle to get separation.

It's not just a single type of route issue, it's a WR issue.

And using motion isn't going to do anything when we need to get the ball out in 2 seconds or less due to the pass rush destroying our backfield. We tried screens (one worked successfully to Doss), we tried quick outs, we tried a few deep shots, we tried a lot of different stuff in this game -- it just wasn't going to work due to their defense destroying our OL.

Again, I wish I could blame this on Cam and not the players -- I hate Cam (even though I think he's done ok this year) and if I had a chance to pin something on him, I would. But Sunday's game was mainly poor execution by all offensive players -- WRs not getting separation, Joe missing a few throws, OL not blocking to save their lives, etc. Even the best OC in the game can't scheme every situation if their players just flat out aren't executing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, well let's just concede that our WR's suck, our Oline sucks and their defense is Godly.

Cool, I guess we just walked into a buzz saw and there was nothing we could've done to beat a freakin' 8 man box Rolling Eyes

I'm just not buyin' it.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Alright, well let's just concede that our WR's suck, our Oline sucks and their defense is Godly.

Cool, I guess we just walked into a buzz saw and there was nothing we could've done to beat a freakin' 8 man box Rolling Eyes

I'm just not buyin' it.

Can't discuss it without going to childish replies?

I'm just saying -- it's pretty clear from the game that we came into the game with a specific plan. That plan quickly showed that it wasn't going to work, Cam tried to adjust (which you fault him for all the time as well), that adjustment failed too and it got to a point where nothing that could be done was going to work that day -- we were severely overmatched in terms of their front 7 vs. our OL. It's just one of those games where it is what it is, we did what we could, and we just got smacked in the mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'm just not buyin' it.

I'm just saying -- it's pretty clear from the game that we came into the game with a specific plan. That plan quickly showed that it wasn't going to work, Cam tried to adjust (which you fault him for all the time as well), that adjustment failed too and it got to a point where nothing that could be done was going to work that day -- we were severely overmatched in terms of their front 7 vs. our OL. It's just one of those games where it is what it is, we did what we could, and we just got smacked in the mouth.

I've tried posting non-childish replies, and all you say is "we suck. They owned us. We couldn't do anything. They were soooo much more superior than us!" I'm simply not buying that.

It was also clear that we came into the game with a gameplan that worked on the opening drive and then was abandoned from there on out. You can say "well we passed this many times and ran this many times" but I watched the actual game, we threw 2 straight times inside of our own 5 yard line and got sacked for a safety.

We threw the ball several times on 3rd and short which led to punts. We failed to even try to be creative in our running attack after the first drive, and lastly we NEVER gave any help to your offensive tackles, despite them repeatedly getting beat off the ball.

So no, I'm not buying it that Cam kept adjusting and Wade kept just flat out beating him.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'm just not buyin' it.

I've tried posting non-childish replies, and all you say is "we suck. They owned us. We couldn't do anything. They were soooo much more superior than us!" I'm simply not buying that.

It was also clear that we came into the game with a gameplan that worked on the opening drive and then was abandoned from there on out. You can say "well we passed this many times and ran this many times" but I watched the actual game, we threw 2 straight times inside of our own 5 yard line and got sacked for a safety.

We threw the ball several times on 3rd and short which led to punts. We failed to even try to be creative in our running attack after the first drive, and lastly we NEVER gave any help to your offensive tackles, despite them repeatedly getting beat off the ball.

So no, I'm not buying it that Cam kept adjusting and Wade kept just flat out beating him.

Are you implying I didn't watch the actual game as well? That I'm just box score surfing?

No, I'm trying to lay out for you that A) your argument is all over the place and B) that a lot of what you're saying flat out isn't true.

But, since it hasn't gotten through to this point, it's not worth the effort to continue trying. You're going to see what you want to see, and we hear the same thing from you after every loss.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well until our offense stops sucking in the same exact ways every time we lose, you're going to keep hearing it...
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Well until our offense stops sucking in the same exact ways every time we lose, you're going to keep hearing it...

This game was exactly what we needed IMO. Yes I was happy to be 5-1 but we weren't playing like we deserved to be 5-1. The fact of the matter is if we don't get embarrased last week in every way outside of special teams we would have continued to try to skate by. Getting embarrased like this is going to make us re-evaluate everything, successful or not. You can try to blame WHOEVER U WANT but this was a total team effort of pure garbage. From the gameplans to the play on the field. I don't blame any ONE player because NO one player playing better would change the outcome. If we plan on reaching our goals we need to realize that our best offensive player is Ray Rice. I'm not saying just give it to Ray but we should go into every week with our gameplan predicated on what the other team may have planned to stop our best weapon. Is that too much to ask. Play winning football, naw we want to play the Texans like they the Pats lol. If we ever finally realize that u can't play everybody the same way we will be straight
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

This game was exactly what we needed IMO. Yes I was happy to be 5-1 but we weren't playing like we deserved to be 5-1. The fact of the matter is if we don't get embarrased last week in every way outside of special teams we would have continued to try to skate by. Getting embarrased like this is going to make us re-evaluate everything, successful or not. You can try to blame WHOEVER U WANT but this was a total team effort of pure garbage. From the gameplans to the play on the field. I don't blame any ONE player because NO one player playing better would change the outcome. If we plan on reaching our goals we need to realize that our best offensive player is Ray Rice. I'm not saying just give it to Ray but we should go into every week with our gameplan predicated on what the other team may have planned to stop our best weapon. Is that too much to ask. Play winning football, naw we want to play the Texans like they the Pats lol. If we ever finally realize that u can't play everybody the same way we will be straight

We got embarrassed several times last year and nothing changed. Albeit we never got straight up beat by 30 points, but I would consider losing to the Jaguars in primetime on the same level as what I witnessed on Sunday.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Let me just address the bolded, because quite frankly I'm getting tired of hearing this "didn't deserve it" talk, particularyl as it relates to the Dallas game. Wins are wins in the NFL and I'm not apologizing for any of them. In the Dallas game, I keep hearing how we shouldn't have won that game. We were up by 8 late, Dallas was able to drive and score a late TD. They needed a 2-pt conversion to score it. They didn't convert. Last time I checked, those aren't automatic. If the roles were reversed, would we be saying Dallas didn't deserve it bc we dropped a 2 point conversion? No. Then, on the kickoff, THEY were very fortunate to recover that onside kick. If that play were run 9 more times and the ball took the same path, I'm confident we recover it 9 out of the total 10 times. Finally, since when was a 51 yard field goal a gimme? If you need a last minute field goal, then you didn't "deserve" to win if you miss it. Sure, Dallas messed up with their clock management, but that's a sign of a team that didn't "deserve" to win. Dallas had a lot go right for them to be in that game in the final seconds, so I'm tired of hearing how the Ravens didn't earn that win.

Obviously we ALL knew that there were things about this team that needed to improve prior to the beating we suffered to the Texans. I hate being accused of "thinking there's nothing wrong" just because I don't feel the need to hate on everything Ravens after a loss, or a win that isn't as impressive as we'd like. It just seems that many of the usual naysayers treat the Ravens with a double standard in that when our team makes mistakes, particularly mental errors, we are a bad team who doesn't "deserve to win." When our opponents make similar errors, though, the Ravens were lucky that said errors ocurred and didn't truly "deserve" the final outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Let me just address the bolded, because quite frankly I'm getting tired of hearing this "didn't deserve it" talk, particularyl as it relates to the Dallas game. Wins are wins in the NFL and I'm not apologizing for any of them. In the Dallas game, I keep hearing how we shouldn't have won that game. We were up by 8 late, Dallas was able to drive and score a late TD. They needed a 2-pt conversion to score it. They didn't convert. Last time I checked, those aren't automatic. If the roles were reversed, would we be saying Dallas didn't deserve it bc we dropped a 2 point conversion? No. Then, on the kickoff, THEY were very fortunate to recover that onside kick. If that play were run 9 more times and the ball took the same path, I'm confident we recover it 9 out of the total 10 times. Finally, since when was a 51 yard field goal a gimme? If you need a last minute field goal, then you didn't "deserve" to win if you miss it. Sure, Dallas messed up with their clock management, but that's a sign of a team that didn't "deserve" to win. Dallas had a lot go right for them to be in that game in the final seconds, so I'm tired of hearing how the Ravens didn't earn that win.

Obviously we ALL knew that there were things about this team that needed to improve prior to the beating we suffered to the Texans. I hate being accused of "thinking there's nothing wrong" just because I don't feel the need to hate on everything Ravens after a loss, or a win that isn't as impressive as we'd like. It just seems that many of the usual naysayers treat the Ravens with a double standard in that when our team makes mistakes, particularly mental errors, we are a bad team who doesn't "deserve to win." When our opponents make similar errors, though, the Ravens were lucky that said errors ocurred and didn't truly "deserve" the final outcome.

Thats the thing though it wasnt just the dallas game I feel like we played even worse against KC but lucked out cause they just flat out suck. Look im a be a Ravens fan whether we go undefeated or we lose every game. But to say we looked like a top 3 team headed into last week (which at 5-1 is what our record indicated) would be lying to myself. Now have I lost faith hell no but we need to get this thing together. I think as suggs gets more healthy the d will improve but we got to get this ego thing in order. Especially on offense.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Thats the thing though it wasnt just the dallas game I feel like we played even worse against KC but lucked out cause they just flat out suck. Look im a be a Ravens fan whether we go undefeated or we lose every game. But to say we looked like a top 3 team headed into last week (which at 5-1 is what our record indicated) would be lying to myself. Now have I lost faith hell no but we need to get this thing together. I think as suggs gets more healthy the d will improve but we got to get this ego thing in order. Especially on offense.

So we were lucky that when playing awfully we were still better than KC at their house? I don't think we've looked like world-beaters, but to call us "lucky" for being better than another team is a bit ridiculous IMO and I think idicates Ravens fans being spoiled by how easy this team has made winning look in some cases over the past few years. Winning games in the NFL is hard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: