Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs Texans GDT: The Battle for AFC Supremacy
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's More Likely to Happen Sunday?
Arian Foster runs for over 200 yards on our defense.
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
Ray Rice totals 200 yards combined on their defense.
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Ravens vs Texans GDT: The Battle for AFC Supremacy Reply with quote

@

Last One To The Top is a Rotten Egg - Week Seven
Baltimore Ravens (5-1) @ Houston Texans (5-1)
Date: Sunday, October 21st, 2012, 1:00pm EST
Channel: CBS

So we're in for a treat. Due to a connect I have, we will get a chance to read over a previously transcribed conversation between two elite quarterbacks from Skype earlier in the week, Joe Flacco and Matt Schaub.

Joe: What's up Matt? Ready for this Sunday?

Matt: Oh it can't come soon enough man! This has been a rough week.

Joe: Tell me about it!

Matt: Joe, I'm sure there is no way your week has been as bad as mine!

Joe: Try me!

Matt: Okay, did your defense give up 6 passing touchdowns to one guy on prime time television?

Joe: No. But did your defense win a game thanks solely to a failed two point conversion and a shanked kick?

Matt: Key word there, WIN.

Joe: Eh, okay, I'll give you that one.

Matt: Our defense is going down the crapper now man, for all this hype JJ Watt got, it was Cushing who was our leader on defense. And now he's done for the season.

Joe: Oh boo hoo, you lost one star MLB. Try losing your star MLB AND your best cover corner on the season.

Matt: Ouch. Now that's harsh. Guess I'll give you a point for that, cause you know, we'll be scoring so many on you guys this Sunday that we can afford to spare a few, hahahahaha.

Joe: Not cool Matt. Not cool.

Matt: Haha, you know I'm just joshin' you bro. As much as I hate to say this, I think both our defenses are going to rebound pretty well this Sunday.

Joe: I hope so man, I sure do hope so.

Matt: Don't get me wrong, all this is pretty rough, but we're still only 1-1 in this who had the rougher week competition. There HAS to be more.

Joe: Well, I was kinda hoping that injury news was good enough, but yeah, it does get worse. I....I...I found out my unibrow is growing back in...thicker! I'm starting to look like that baby off of The Simpsons.

Matt: What baby?

Matt: Oh, THAT baby. Well, if we're talking aesthetics here, at least you can get rid of that unibrow. I gotta ask, was my forehead always THIS big? I looked in the mirror for the first time in ages and thought I was watching a re-run of Star Trek or some ish.

Joe: Hahahahaha, wow that is one big ole forehead. Okay, so maybe my unibrow ain't so bad after all. Point to you.

Matt: At least my forhead won me something in this lifetime.

Joe: Hold up. Who said anything about this competition being finished? Ooooo, you got a big forehead! Tough luck. You know why I had to recently shave off my favorite mustache?! People kept coming up to me and asking me to sing the YMCA with them.

Matt: Why's that?

Matt: Oooh, uh well I guess I can't complain there. But young man, there's no need to feel down. I said young man, pick yourself off the ground. I said young man, 'cause your in a new town. There's no need to be unhappy....

Joe: If you finish that sentence, I will have Terrence Cody devour your children.

Matt: Haha, ain't like he's doing much else just sitting on the sidelines. But okay, fine 2-2. Whoever gets this next point wins. I got it. So this week, I was looking at these rankings right, and this place called Football's Future caught my eye. They don't even think I'm a top ten quarterback anymore!

Joe: Noooo, how could they say that? Who else could they possibly put over you?

Matt: It was you Flacco. IT WAS YOU!

Joe: Okay, yeah. You win.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are going to come out an play inspired. All week it's been doom and gloom from the outside world. The big bad Texans, angry after getting embarrassed, are waiting to avenge their playoff loss. Like all teams with multiple good pass rushers that w play on the road, they worry me. But in their first game minus Cushing they looked pretty exposed on the back end. I like Flacco and our league's most exposive offense go bananas.

Ravens 31, Texans 28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about those early points, in my view. The Ravens need to get up a score or two if possible, and force the Texans to abandon the run.

As we saw last week, Schaub will make mistakes if asked to throw the ball too often, and with Ed Reed, Cary Williams (now he's figured out this fun INT thing) and Jimmy Smith back there, it would end up being a tough day for him.

If that doesn't happen, then I can definitely see Foster and Tate putting up 200yds between them, and keeping the Ravens defense on the field for a long time.

Art Jones, Pernell McPhee, Terrence Cody and Ma'ake Kemoeatu really need to step up this week. If they don't, the Ravens might as well just cut all of them and have Haloti Ngata form a one man defensive line. He's been doing that all season anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens - 38
Texans - 27

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
StRawz11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either Ravens win or lose badly

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't stop the run and they are as elite a run game as they come. I have no faith in Cam, and therefore no faith in our O. I have no faith in DP, and therefore no faith in our D.

Ravens - 2
Texans - 14,432

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
Either Ravens win or lose badly

Yeah this is my take. I think we win this game close or lose by two scores. I think Jacoby Jones may end up being an X-factor in the game. I can conceive of him having a big game and having the Texans all made because he trolled the team with his potential during his stay there.

I don't expect much from Torrey Smith in this game with JJoe on him, but I suppose you never know. Brian Cushing being gone should open up the short area passing game more especially to Rice. Rice making plays on the move should help us move the chains.

We know the Texans are going to run it until we prove we can stop it. I'm not sure what to expect here. I'm hopeful that we make run more mammoth alignments.

Hopefully Pees puts our corners in more press man coverage starting this week. Jim Cary excels at it over off man, so it's the best way to go.

I'll say this game is high scoring, but not "explosive" scoring. I think the Texans "dominate" the game, but we find a way to win the game... like we've done multiple times this year. Either through fumbles, key interceptions on our part to bail out poor defense, big special teams play, etc. I'll put the final score at 26-23, Ravens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be close, could go either way IMHO. Foster's gonna go off, I'll say that Flacco does enough for us to get the win. Offensive line is gonna have to step up against Watt and co.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
Gonna be close, could go either way IMHO. Foster's gonna go off, I'll say that Flacco does enough for us to get the win. Offensive line is gonna have to step up against Watt and co.

Green Bay was saying the same last week and they sure shut us down.....we def have our holes....

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston was so overrated (supposedly), that they've become vastly underrated now. One guest on 105.7 an hour ago claimed that they've had one quality performance through six weeks, and that they wouldn't have won more than 7 games had Peyton not missed all of last year (which doesn't make any sense whatsoever, based on how they finished).

Oh, and FWIW: I'm almost positive we've never started 6-1 before. We opened 4-0 in '06, but dropped the next two back-to-back (IIRC).

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another creative, unique GDT (they just keep getting better and better as each week of each season passes). I truly do believe we have the best individual forum on here. Very Happy

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens - 21
Texans - 35

Arian Foster rushes for over 200 and Andre Johnson goes for over 100 and two TD's.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit pessimistic about this game mostly due to their run game vs. our lack of a run defense. I think if they get Foster going, we don't have a shot.

I think the game is going to rely on Flacco. As good as their defense is, JJo has been hot and cold this season, and the rest of their secondary has only played "well". Their front 7 is where the bulk of their defensive talent lies, so if we can get the ball out quick and neutralize JJ Watt, I think we'll have a shot.

Either way, I see it being a shootout.

I'll predict 2 scores, optimistic and pessimistic.

Optimistic:
Ravens 34
Texans 30

Pessimistic:
Texans 37
Ravens 24

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens

Today’s Inactive: CB Asa Jackson, TE Billy Bajema, OL Jah Reid & Ramon Harewood, NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu, WR/KR Deonte Thompson, RB Bobby Rainey

Well, Suggs is active. I'm more excited about Kemoeatu not playing though. Hall and Tyson are active for the first time today too and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can bring to the table. With Ngata hampered I bet one of them gets a good amount of snaps today.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Kemo? Oh, happy day!

I expect Suggs will only be taking a few snaps, at least at first. Figure out where he is in terms of conditioning and how well his achilles is likely to hold up.

Then he's got two weeks to work on getting into better game shape.

Regarding Hall and Tyson, they can't really do any worse than the rest of the DL guys have done (except Ngata, of course).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: