Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford Reply with quote

What's everyone's take on Chase Thomas out of Stanford? I was high on him going into the year. He only has 2 sacks so far this year and I have not been able to see him play much, where does everyone expect him to go?

I still think he could be a very talented NFL player. I think he's an ideal fit in Seattle's scheme as our SLB.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this guy. I know that he plays OLB in college but I think he's the best 3-4 ILB in this draft class. His point of attack skill is very good. Great use of his hands, violent hands, disengages very well and he's strong. He's a heck of a pass rusher too who creates havoc off the edge with his relentless motor and ability to get off blocks. He's not going to test well at the combine but he's going to make plays on Sundays. Could play any spot in the 3-4 defense but I like him best inside as a TED type thumped.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
I love this guy. I know that he plays OLB in college but I think he's the best 3-4 ILB in this draft class. His point of attack skill is very good. Great use of his hands, violent hands, disengages very well and he's strong. He's a heck of a pass rusher too who creates havoc off the edge with his relentless motor and ability to get off blocks. He's not going to test well at the combine but he's going to make plays on Sundays. Could play any spot in the 3-4 defense but I like him best inside as a TED type thumped.

I think he'll test well where it matters at the combine (i.e. he's not going to burn anyone with his long-speed, but he'll still show a good 10-yard split time/burst of the line; and he'll test well in the drills where great instincts and reaction time can drastically improve your time even if you're not the most ultra athletic of a player).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was everywhere last week against Notre Dame. Really good player.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also looks like a 43 SAM candidate IMO.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
He also looks like a 43 SAM candidate IMO.

He's flexible as all get-out. I'd say he can play any of the 4 LB spots in a 3-4 and 2 out of 3 in a 4-3 with the potential to overlap as an undersized DE in obvious passing situations (coaches will love him for this because they can line him up showing a 5th man on the line as a blitzer and either send him or drop him into coverage on a TE and not have to worry about him being a liability).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Chase Thomas Reply with quote

Chase Thomas is a beast for sure Trent Murphy is beating him out this year in production at pass rushing and might hurt Chases stock a little however Chase is getting it done and having a heck of a year - he could be a great inside linebacker at the next level for sure.
romo4prez415

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: