Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marc Ross, Director of College Scouting

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Marc Ross, Director of College Scouting Reply with quote

As a Kansas City fan I am interesting in looking into potential GM candidates and I wanted to know more about Ross. He has received some serious interest recently. In your opinion, is Ross more of a compliment to Jerry Reese or do you feel that Ross has the ability now to go out on his own and handle the GM responsibilities? Any opinions on Ross would be much appreciated.

http://www.giants.com/team/staff/marc-ross/b3f10aa5-b99b-4517-8abd-ea613a65d0de

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, he's ours. You can't have him.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who?
bzane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Marc Ross, Director of College Scouting Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
As a Kansas City fan I am interesting in looking into potential GM candidates and I wanted to know more about Ross. He has received some serious interest recently. In your opinion, is Ross more of a compliment to Jerry Reese or do you feel that Ross has the ability now to go out on his own and handle the GM responsibilities? Any opinions on Ross would be much appreciated.

http://www.giants.com/team/staff/marc-ross/b3f10aa5-b99b-4517-8abd-ea613a65d0de

A very knowledgeable and capable man. Potentially a top GM. He's great where he is right now- would he be as effective handling the full set of GM duties? Who's to say? Someone will give him the chance eventually.

Signing him would be new hope for Chiefs' fans. Like the poster above, I hope he stays with the Giants. A good football man.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask me he's a GM in waiting. I'd hate to lose him but I think it'd be great to see him get an opportunity. Plus he's learned from one of the best in Jerry Reese Wink
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
If you ask me he's a GM in waiting. I'd hate to lose him but I think it'd be great to see him get an opportunity. Plus he's learned from one of the best in Jerry Reese Wink

yeah, and he's already handling the draft (with Reese obviously having final decisions). anyways here's what I posted on the Bears forum when they were interviewing him.

Quote:
Marc Ross has handled the Giants drafts but didnt make final decisions. Heres some vidoes of him explaining what happens draft day and the draft picks:

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Draft-War-Room-Tour/961CC52B-8649-4EE3-80F3-4437C22D7C3E

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Dir-of-Scouting-Marc-Ross-on-Draft-Picks/46C97FEB-D77D-4F91-9F59-1DDF76088AD7

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Dir-of-Scouting-Marc-Ross-on-Draft-Picks/6B1F32E5-DE30-43E8-9C80-F9DE69F22E18

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Marc-Ross-joins-Draft-Night-Live/291A411A-833C-4C96-9666-68171E95F764

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Director-of-College-Scouting-Marc-Ross/A4C47F0E-476F-40E9-A9BA-E2DE396190F1

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Road-to-the-Draft-Bob-Papa-does-Drills/1D68D669-DAAA-47A8-8E1C-D40D97C43AF8

He's very well spoken and a very smart guy. Would make a great GM, and I hope we end up keeping him for a couple more years.

^Stone85 on the sig^
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome feedback guys - much appreciated! We need a GM that trusts his ability to put the right people in the right places including coaches and players and not rely on a checklist of actions that reflect past success with a previous organization. Scott Pioli, IMO has been exposed as really a fraud when looking at the sustained success of the New England organization. His list of mis-steps since becoming the GM for the Chiefs is becoming longer and longer.

NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Awesome feedback guys - much appreciated! We need a GM that trusts his ability to put the right people in the right places including coaches and players and not rely on a checklist of actions that reflect past success with a previous organization. Scott Pioli, IMO has been exposed as really a fraud when looking at the sustained success of the New England organization. His list of mis-steps since becoming the GM for the Chiefs is becoming longer and longer.

Hey man if the Chiefs clean house and draft Geno Smith I think they could turn around pretty quick. Not like they don't have talent
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[inappropriate/removed] off hes ours Laughing

On a serious note, Marc Ross could def turn that franchise around imo. Great drafter who knows how to acquire elite talent on both sides of the ball. It remains to be seen how he would handle bringing in free agents, but his eye for great football players cant be questioned..

^Joe_is_the_best
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Hey man if the Chiefs clean house and draft Geno Smith I think they could turn around pretty quick. Not like they don't have talent

I agree. There definitely needs to be some housecleaning in the front office and coaching staff. I would be happy with either Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson.

w4rrior723

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is a lot of people credit Jerry Reese for our great drafting (and rightfully so), but Marc Ross is his right hand man and does a lot of Reese's homework. Ross has been invaluable in terms of scouting and acquiring talent in the draft process. I've known for a few years now that it's only a matter of time before someone snatches him up, and I have no doubt he will be a terrific GM.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has had a couple of interviews last year or the year before for some GM jobs. I'm pretty sure the Bears are one of the teams that were interested.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: