Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official Fossilbeck thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10843
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.
Honestly it's irritating as crap conversing with you .


then don't. Easy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10843
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Finnerception wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Ask the chiefs or the Browns how they would feel if a QB did that.


Brandon Weeden has had 2-3 games on par or better than that this year. Confused


"But he is a rookie" so it doesn't count. His numbers apparently are untouchable.

I'm just sayng our backup gave us a chance to win. And people want to string him up.

Nobody wants him strung up, come on, on the bench maybe... but strung up?
Confused


Bench him why? Locker can't play. If its rusty vs Hasselbeck. Right now I choose Hasselbeck. Last few games he has helped bring us a win.

Maybe not from you. But Hasselbeck gets blame for the lost in some people eyes. And they say it in a little harsher than that. Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 3247
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.
Honestly it's irritating as crap conversing with you .


then don't. Easy.


I try not to, but when you pop into a thread and call me a hater just because I'm not fawning over Hasslebeck in a manner you find appropriate, I feel compelled to respond and try to clarify my position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4331
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really necessary to argue to this length over Hass? Laughing

How about we all agree it's good he was around to help develop Locker, but Locker is the future and we're good to go from there? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12961
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem that people have with Hasselbeck is that he missed an easy touchdown throw in back to back weeks, including one that would have won us the game this week. Most NFL QBs hit at least one of Britt on that post or Cook streaking to the end zone. I don't think the problem people have is that he didn't throw for 600 yards, but hey, that's your opinion.
_________________


Last edited by Finnerception on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Titanium


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 4019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Titanium wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Finnerception wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Ask the chiefs or the Browns how they would feel if a QB did that.


Brandon Weeden has had 2-3 games on par or better than that this year. Confused


"But he is a rookie" so it doesn't count. His numbers apparently are untouchable.

I'm just sayng our backup gave us a chance to win. And people want to string him up.

Nobody wants him strung up, come on, on the bench maybe... but strung up?
Confused


Bench him why? Locker can't play. If its rusty vs Hasselbeck. Right now I choose Hasselbeck. Last few games he has helped bring us a win.

Maybe not from you. But Hasselbeck gets blame for the lost in some people eyes. And they say it in a little harsher than that. Lol

Refs are the main culprit today.

I do think if Locker would have been healthy enough to play we score more than 13, just my opinion.

I said people want to see him on the bench in the sense that we all really want to see Locker get healthy and be in there playing, not really meaning benching him today.

However, it'd be interesting to me, to see what Rusty can do. Hass won't be around forever and we gotta see what Rusty can do and whether or not he can be a good #2
_________________
Go Titans!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titanium


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 4019
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Is it really necessary to argue to this length over Hass? Laughing

How about we all agree it's good he was around to help develop Locker, but Locker is the future and we're good to go from there? Laughing

I'm on board. Very Happy
_________________
Go Titans!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10843
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Titanium"]
KingTitan wrote:
Titanium wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Finnerception wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Ask the chiefs or the Browns how they would feel if a QB did that.


Brandon Weeden has had 2-3 games on par or better than that this year. Confused


"But he is a rookie" so it doesn't count. His numbers apparently are untouchable.

I'm just sayng our backup gave us a chance to win. And people want to string him up.

Nobody wants him strung up, come on, on the bench maybe... but strung up?
Confused

Refs are the main culprit today.

I do think if Locker would have been healthy enough to play we score more than 13, just my opinion.

I said people want to see him on the bench in the sense that we all really want to see Locker get healthy and be in there playing, not really meaning benching him today.

However, it'd be interesting to me, to see what Rusty can do. Hass won't be around forever and we gotta see what Rusty can do and whether or not he can be a good #2


Gotcha. Fair statement.

I wish Locker could go.
We make the Houston game more interesting if he is there.etc.
But today. Being robbed by the refs cost us maybe 2 Tds at the least. With Britt and turnovers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10843
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.
Honestly it's irritating as crap conversing with you .


then don't. Easy.


I try not to, but when you pop into a thread and call me a hater just because I'm not fawning over Hasslebeck in a manner you find appropriate, I feel compelled to respond and try to clarify my position.


Never specifically named you and didn't quote you for that reason. If you felt it was a direct response to you it wasn't. You aren't the only to bring up the vet vs 1st yr player arguement. It was a response to the thinking not you.


And yes I do feel if you( not you but in general) are one to criticize a player. Not only Hasselbeck for after every negative play. You most likely just have a bias or hate for that player that makes it hard to see any positive they do.
that's my view. I'm entitled to it.

Work on your admiration to the appropiate level Get a horse. Life will be better in my kingdom.

Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10843
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Is it really necessary to argue to this length over Hass? Laughing

How about we all agree it's good he was around to help develop Locker, but Locker is the future and we're good to go from there? Laughing

I'm on board. Very Happy


Giddy up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 3247
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.
Honestly it's irritating as crap conversing with you .


then don't. Easy.


I try not to, but when you pop into a thread and call me a hater just because I'm not fawning over Hasslebeck in a manner you find appropriate, I feel compelled to respond and try to clarify my position.


Never specifically named you and didn't quote you for that reason. If you felt it was a direct response to you it wasn't. You aren't the only to bring up the vet vs 1st yr player arguement. It was a response to the thinking not you.


And yes I do feel if you( not you but in general) are one to criticize a player. Not only Hasselbeck for after every negative play. You most likely just have a bias or hate for that player that makes it hard to see any positive they do.
that's my view. I'm entitled to it.

Work on your admiration to the appropiate level Get a horse. Life will be better in my kingdom.


Twisted Evil


What the hell... ?

You did in fact quote me directly:

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
You would rather blame Hasselbeck than the defense? Really? It's not Hasselbecks fault that the referees were playing on the Colt's defense.

Outside of the throw to Cook and his attempted interception.. he played a solid game.

How many times has Locker overthrown a wide open receiver? Enough for us to have it in our minds that he has slight inaccuracy issues and OFTEN tends to float passes over the heads of receivers.

I like Locker and I believe he is our starter and I'm not saying Hasselbeck is lighting up the NFL.

I'm saying he is not the reason we lost.

We had several dropped interceptions.

Referees screwed us over.

The defense was non-existant outside of the redzone.

Bironas missed a field goal.

Referees screwed us over.

Ryan Mouton.

Referees.

But no, let's blame the guy who made no turnovers, completed the majority of his passes, and looked solid all day just because he missed on throw in a situation where we should have been running the ball so the clock kept moving and we wouldn't have to punt from the Colt's 40 in the first place.

Referees. Coaches. Ryan Mouton. Not to take anything away from the Colt's win.


I don't know who you're responding to, but in case it's me I'll restate my case again.

None of that crap you mentioned has any bearing on how Hasselbeck played. It's really that simple. Fumbled snaps, tacking a sack ten seconds after the snap, missing open receivers - these are all on Hass and unrelated to Mouton. Evaluating Hasselbeck does not include how bad Mouton was. It doesn't include the defense. It includes Hasselbeck.

I didn't blame Hass for the loss. I only blame him for his own poor showing.


That's just hate.
He didn't have a poor showing.
He had two mistakes that was unforgivable. Fumble snap and missed throw.

Name one QB that plays perfectly and never gets sacked.
When Locker gets back. And I love locker. Remember all your criticism of Hasselbeck.
Cause he should not miss any Wrs. Never throw a pick. Never check down. Never get sacked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3142
Location: My house
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our back up QB comes in and helps us win 2-3 games he starts and we almost win the third in which he had two errors and you're calling for his head. Then yes you are a hater. This is not to anyone specifically...


Locker is our starter. Noone is debating that. Our backup completed 75% of his passes for 1td and no turnovers. That's all that matters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10843
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
QB play is QB play. The point that a rookie vs vet is baseless.
If a QB plays horrible it's horrible. If he plays well it's well.

I just think its a ridiculous arguement.

The judgement isn't whether the young player will be good. It's how he plays right now.
If he has a 4 int game. Guess what. That sucks. Rookie or not. He will get better hopefully. But for the moment he sucks.

If a QB goes 22/29 for 236 75% and a Td. It is a solid to good game. If not great.
I don't care if the guy is 40 yrs old or 18 yrs old.

Ask the chiefs or the Browns how they would feel if a QB did that.

Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.

Talking about this one buddy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 3247
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
QB play is QB play. The point that a rookie vs vet is baseless.
If a QB plays horrible it's horrible. If he plays well it's well.

I just think its a ridiculous arguement.

The judgement isn't whether the young player will be good. It's how he plays right now.
If he has a 4 int game. Guess what. That sucks. Rookie or not. He will get better hopefully. But for the moment he sucks.

If a QB goes 22/29 for 236 75% and a Td. It is a solid to good game. If not great.
I don't care if the guy is 40 yrs old or 18 yrs old.

Ask the chiefs or the Browns how they would feel if a QB did that.

Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.

Talking about this one buddy.


Mmmkay. I was talking about the one I posted. The one where you quoted me, then announced that I hate Hass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10843
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
QB play is QB play. The point that a rookie vs vet is baseless.
If a QB plays horrible it's horrible. If he plays well it's well.

I just think its a ridiculous arguement.

The judgement isn't whether the young player will be good. It's how he plays right now.
If he has a 4 int game. Guess what. That sucks. Rookie or not. He will get better hopefully. But for the moment he sucks.

If a QB goes 22/29 for 236 75% and a Td. It is a solid to good game. If not great.
I don't care if the guy is 40 yrs old or 18 yrs old.

Ask the chiefs or the Browns how they would feel if a QB did that.

Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.

Talking about this one buddy.


Mmmkay. I was talking about the one I posted. The one where you quoted me, then announced that I hate Hass.


And I'm talking bout the one where you stopped taking football and took digs at me and my views.

Hence the "get a horse" comment. As a response.

Define it what you want. But in this high horse mofos view of it. You. As in you. Have serious disdain dislike or " hate in your blood" with Hasselbeck.
If you don't then you don't but the post I see from you that is the conclusion I form from the tone and angle you take when discussing him.

My view. My opinion.
Wrong it may be. But it is mine.

You have a view of my posts. You formed it based on my posts. I feel they are wrong but if you have concluded that. So be it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group