Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official Fossilbeck thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
You would rather blame Hasselbeck than the defense? Really? It's not Hasselbecks fault that the referees were playing on the Colt's defense.

Outside of the throw to Cook and his attempted interception.. he played a solid game.

How many times has Locker overthrown a wide open receiver? Enough for us to have it in our minds that he has slight inaccuracy issues and OFTEN tends to float passes over the heads of receivers.

I like Locker and I believe he is our starter and I'm not saying Hasselbeck is lighting up the NFL.

I'm saying he is not the reason we lost.

We had several dropped interceptions.

Referees screwed us over.

The defense was non-existant outside of the redzone.

Bironas missed a field goal.

Ryan Mouton.

Referees.

But no, let's blame the guy who made no turnovers, completed the majority of his passes, and looked solid all day just because he missed on throw in a situation where we should have been running the ball so the clock kept moving and we wouldn't have to punt from the Colt's 40 in the first place.

Referees. Coaches. Ryan Mouton. Not to take anything away from the Colt's win.

I don't know who you're responding to, but in case it's me I'll restate my case again.

None of that crap you mentioned has any bearing on how Hasselbeck played. It's really that simple. Fumbled snaps, tacking a sack ten seconds after the snap, missing open receivers - these are all on Hass and unrelated to Mouton. Evaluating Hasselbeck does not include how bad Mouton was. It doesn't include the defense. It includes Hasselbeck.

I didn't blame Hass for the loss. I only blame him for his own poor showing.

That's just hate.
He didn't have a poor showing.
He had two mistakes that was unforgivable. Fumble snap and missed throw.

Name one QB that plays perfectly and never gets sacked.
When Locker gets back. And I love locker. Remember all your criticism of Hasselbeck.
Cause he should not miss any Wrs. Never throw a pick. Never check down. Never get sacked.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
You would rather blame Hasselbeck than the defense? Really? It's not Hasselbecks fault that the referees were playing on the Colt's defense.

Outside of the throw to Cook and his attempted interception.. he played a solid game.

How many times has Locker overthrown a wide open receiver? Enough for us to have it in our minds that he has slight inaccuracy issues and OFTEN tends to float passes over the heads of receivers.

I like Locker and I believe he is our starter and I'm not saying Hasselbeck is lighting up the NFL.

I'm saying he is not the reason we lost.

We had several dropped interceptions.

The defense was non-existant outside of the redzone.

Bironas missed a field goal.

Ryan Mouton.

Referees.

But no, let's blame the guy who made no turnovers, completed the majority of his passes, and looked solid all day just because he missed on throw in a situation where we should have been running the ball so the clock kept moving and we wouldn't have to punt from the Colt's 40 in the first place.

Referees. Coaches. Ryan Mouton. Not to take anything away from the Colt's win.

I don't know who you're responding to, but in case it's me I'll restate my case again.

None of that crap you mentioned has any bearing on how Hasselbeck played. It's really that simple. Fumbled snaps, tacking a sack ten seconds after the snap, missing open receivers - these are all on Hass and unrelated to Mouton. Evaluating Hasselbeck does not include how bad Mouton was. It doesn't include the defense. It includes Hasselbeck.

I didn't blame Hass for the loss. I only blame him for his own poor showing.

That's just hate.
He didn't have a poor showing.
He had two mistakes that was unforgivable. Fumble snap and missed throw.

Name one QB that plays perfectly and never gets sacked.
When Locker gets back. And I love locker. Remember all your criticism of Hasselbeck.
Cause he should not miss any Wrs. Never throw a pick. Never check down. Never get sacked.

If you want to hold a guy with 150 starts under his belt to the same standard as a guy with however few starts Jake has, go ahead and do your thing. Those of us over here in reality will understand when Locker does silly, rookie-like things. Because, you know, that's pretty much what he is.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a decent performance, I don't care if you're a rookie or if you're Brett Favre. The standards don't change for good performances(or bad, etc, you get the point), not for me, anyway.
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My whole point with my comment above is that I don't think Hasselbeck can carry a team to wins on his back, he needs help. Locker has a much better chance to do such a thing.

We saw this today, we should have beaten the Colts. A home game, and we only score 13 points, against the Colts??? Ugh. I have no doubts Locker leads this team to more points today.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
It was a decent performance, I don't care if you're a rookie or if you're Brett Favre. The standards don't change for good performances(or bad, etc, you get the point), not for me, anyway.

Are you serious? A guy making his fifth start is judged by the same standards as a making his 109th?
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Are you serious? A guy making his fifth start is judged by the same standards as a making his 109th?

After watching all these rookies like RG3, Luck, Locker even, Flacco and Ryan in the past, Dalton and etc, yes. The standard for "inexperienced QBs" is pretty much the same as veterans now. Mistakes by the inexperienced ones are more excusable to a point, I guess, but I don't have much of a difference in my standards, no.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB play is QB play. The point that a rookie vs vet is baseless.
If a QB plays horrible it's horrible. If he plays well it's well.

I just think its a ridiculous arguement.

The judgement isn't whether the young player will be good. It's how he plays right now.
If he has a 4 int game. Guess what. That sucks. Rookie or not. He will get better hopefully. But for the moment he sucks.

If a QB goes 22/29 for 236 75% and a Td. It is a solid to good game. If not great.
I don't care if the guy is 40 yrs old or 18 yrs old.

Ask the chiefs or the Browns how they would feel if a QB did that.

Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Brandon Weeden has had 2-3 games on par or better than that this year. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

"But he is a rookie" so it doesn't count. His numbers apparently are untouchable.

I'm just sayng our backup gave us a chance to win. And people want to string him up.
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't know where the "hate" talk is coming from, I don't see the "hate".

I think I read one post where one guy said he "hates" Hass, so maybe there is one...

In general I don't think anyone really "hates" him, but would rather just seem him not start.

People are going to have strong opinions on who should be starting, it's part of being a fan, I don't see it as "hate".
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Just say you hate him and stop acting like its criticism.

I don't hate him. Stop putting words in my mouth and let go of this self-righteous line of posting. Honestly it's irritating as crap conversing with you when your basic skill seems to consistently be putting words in other people's mouths. It's just one long, drawn out strawman fallacy with you. Get the hell over it.

Just so I can be sure you've seen it: I don't hate Hasselbeck. I don't hate Hasselbeck. I've never called him Hasselsuck, or trashelbeck, or whatever other stupid names people call him. You have somehow concluded that I hate the guy just because I don't think he had a great game. Guess what? Stats aren't everything. When it really counted, Hasselbeck did not play well. In fact he really didn't play that well before crunch time either.

Go ahead and climb up on your horse and say I hate the guy, tell me I'm blaming Hass for the loss (I'm not). Whatever. You're full of crap.

Last edited by s_camp on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
Honestly, I don't know where the "hate" talk is coming from, I don't see the "hate".

I think I read one post where one guy said he "hates" Hass, so maybe there is one...

In general I don't think anyone really "hates" him, but would rather just seem him not start.

People are going to have strong opinions on who should be starting, it's part of being a fan, I don't see it as "hate".

Sorry man, if you don't think Hass was great today you're a hater Rolling Eyes
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Finnerception wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

"But he is a rookie" so it doesn't count. His numbers apparently are untouchable.

I'm just sayng our backup gave us a chance to win. And people want to string him up.

Nobody wants him strung up, come on, on the bench maybe... but strung up?
Confused
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also saying. After the Texans half and th Vikings game. Youd think people would be happy to have the production we get from Hasselbeck now.

I just don't get it. Back up helped us win 2 games while our starter is out. Almost was part of win 3.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:

But that's the thing. It's not like he beat out locker for the job. He is the backup.
I think he gets unfairly ragged on.
Put in Rusty? A hurt locker(ha). Lol
Then blame needs to go to Munchak if that's your view.
He isn't benching Locker for Hasselbeck.

I call it "hate" because it's unfair and bias responses to every play Hass makes. He can't win with some posters. He throws for 500 yards. Oh why didn't he get 600 type thinking.

I would understand better if he played like he did against the Vikings. I called for his head after that game.
He has played well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: