Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official Fossilbeck thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: The official Fossilbeck thread Reply with quote

The most important position in the game, and we have Matthew Hasselbeck taking the field for the third straight game.

The more I watch Hasselbeck, the more I confuse myself in trying to decide how good he is. There's so many statements like 'You know what you're getting with Hass', and the 'Game manager' tag, but what is this guys deal? He plays horrible one week then comes home and looks REALLY sharp on TNF against a good D.

I think he can be good enough for us to win this week, but I wanted to make this thread as a place to unload all your Trashelbeck/Hasseltrash thoughts and frustrations.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One interesting stat on the Bills: They're giving up an average of 32.0 points a game and 429.8 yards per game. The offenses and quarterbacks they've faced?

Week 1: Jets and Mark Sanchez
Week 2: Chiefs and Matt Cassell
Week 3: Browns and Brandon Weeden
Week 4: Pats and Tom brady
Week 5: SF and Alex Smith
Week 6: Cardinals and Kevin Kolb/John Skelton

Four of these quarterbacks are some of the absolute worst in the game. Smith is an average game-manager, Brady is the only great QB they've faced and the Pats put up 52 on them. I think Hass could have a nice day, after looking at the Bills results I feel a bit better about this game.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
One interesting stat on the Bills: They're giving up an average of 32.0 points a game and 429.8 yards per game. The offenses and quarterbacks they've faced?

Week 1: Jets and Mark Sanchez
Week 2: Chiefs and Matt Cassell
Week 3: Browns and Brandon Weeden
Week 4: Pats and Tom brady
Week 5: SF and Alex Smith
Week 6: Cardinals and Kevin Kolb/John Skelton

Four of these quarterbacks are some of the absolute worst in the game. Smith is an average game-manager, Brady is the only great QB they've faced and the Pats put up 52 on them. I think Hass could have a nice day, after looking at the Bills results I feel a bit better about this game.

Not to mention..

Week 1: Shonn Greene - 27 carries, 94 yards, 1 TD

Week 2: Shaun Draughn + Peyton Hillis - 16 carries, 122 yards

Week 3: Trent Richardson - 12 carries, 27 yards, 1 TD

Week 4: Brandon Bolden + Stevan Ridley - 38 carries, 243 yards, 3 TDs

Week 5: Frank Gore + Kendall Hunter - 25 carries, 187 yards, 1 TD (not even including 7/88/1 from Smith and Kaepernick)

Week 6: William Powell - 13 carries, 70 yards (not including 5 carries for 66 yards from Kevin Kolb)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played overall well today but on 3rd downs he's killing me at times. 3rd and 10 threw it 2 yards past scrimmage with a guy draped over Nate I saw at least 2 times late in the 4th.

But he only does that so we all stress and go bald.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Played overall well today but on 3rd downs he's killing me at times. 3rd and 10 threw it 2 yards past scrimmage with a guy draped over Nate I saw at least 2 times late in the 4th.

We were 9/14 on 3rd down, hard to complain about that. As I said in the GDT, there isn't always going to be a guy open near or past the first down marker. The check down guy is there and if he can break a tackle and get the first down, great, if not, just pick up the 3 yards and you play the field position game. You don't force it in to perfect coverage and risk an interception just to get a first down. It's simply not worth it during a close football game.

If you watched the Pats game today, you saw Tom Brady do the same thing several times. On one of the occasions Welker broke a tackle(or made a guy miss, one of the two) and got a first down, but on the others it was 4th down a punt. It doesn't make you a bad QB, it makes you a smart one. I completely understand how frustrating it is to watch as a fan, but that's football. Can't score on every drive. Even Rich Gannon mentioned it on one of the drop offs, calling it a smart decision from Hass. Just wasn't anywhere else to go with it.
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might hold Locker out again next week from rotoworld

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:

We were 9/14 on 3rd down, hard to complain about that. As I said in the GDT, there isn't always going to be a guy open near or past the first down marker. The check down guy is there and if he can break a tackle and get the first down, great, if not, just pick up the 3 yards and you play the field position game. You don't force it in to perfect coverage and risk an interception just to get a first down. It's simply not worth it during a close football game.

If you watched the Pats game today, you saw Tom Brady do the same thing several times. On one of the occasions Welker broke a tackle(or made a guy miss, one of the two) and got a first down, but on the others it was 4th down a punt. It doesn't make you a bad QB, it makes you a smart one. I completely understand how frustrating it is to watch as a fan, but that's football. Can't score on every drive. Even Rich Gannon mentioned it on one of the drop offs, calling it a smart decision from Hass. Just wasn't anywhere else to go with it.

Yeah unfortunately I didn't get to catch the full game just the redzone and occasional look ins on my phone. Like I said he played well it was just clutch time I saw it 2 drives in a row I was panicking. We got the win and he played well so I'll take it.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
We might hold Locker out again next week from rotoworld

Yea Wyatt reported it too. Locker better be back the following week when we face the Bears because I don't want to see Hasselbeck when I go to the game.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that we're not rushing Locker back but I just hate that if we beat the Colts and Hasselbeck has a respectable game, then the "Keep Hasselbeck as the starter" train will become even bigger. Heck it's already starting to become big after this past game.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
I love that we're not rushing Locker back but I just hate that if we beat the Colts and Hasselbeck has a respectable game, then the "Keep Hasselbeck as the starter" train will become even bigger. Heck it's already starting to become big after this past game.

Munch said today even with Hass getting "hot", Locker will still start when healthy.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be huge if Locker comes back against the Colts... gives him a week to get his timing and feel back. The Bears may be one of the top 2-3 D's in the NFL this year. It won't be pretty if that's his first game back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
It would be huge if Locker comes back against the Colts... gives him a week to get his timing and feel back. The Bears may be one of the top 2-3 D's in the NFL this year. It won't be pretty if that's his first game back.

We might see Hass the next 3 weeks, then Locker will come back during the bye/start @ Jacksonville.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

We might see Hass the next 3 weeks, then Locker will come back during the bye/start @ Jacksonville.

I hope not. He did good last week... But he wasn't having a good game prior to that final throw today... had at least 3 bad long balls (2 underthrows and 1 overthrow)... had that one pass at the end that the Buffalo S should have intercepted...

Locker is this team's leader... and he needs to be behind center sooner rather than later...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Munch said today even with Hass getting "hot", Locker will still start when healthy.

Yeah I know that, but if we keep Hasselbeck in until the bye like you said and he does okay, then the media and even some fans will say that we need to keep Hasselbeck as our starter. I'm already tired of hearing that we're better team with Hasselbeck in. It may become a slight distraction the longer it goes.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stepping up like a professional.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: