You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official Fossilbeck thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac 9 for LiFE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
Mac 9 for LiFE wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
I guess I'm the only Fossilbeck supporter.

I said it last year. Jake's ok, but Matt's the best QB we've had in years. If he's the hot hand, you have to ride it out. He's not going to be in the NFL for that much longer.

So Locker starts his third year with, what, four starts under his belt? While Hass leads us to what, exactly? If it's anything short of a Lombardi trophy, it is literally a waste of time.

Hass is nowhere near a hot hand. He's distinctly average at best. All the so called "experts" do is look at the back to back wins and claim Hass is on fire because they literally do not care about the Titans so know very little about the organisation.

He has a 78.2 Rating on the 2012 Season...hot hand? He's barely eclipsed 200 yards in 2 out of his 3 starts, and hasn't thrown more than 1 TD in any of them. I like Hasselbeck but c'mon.

Just clarifying.... I said he was nowhere near a hot hand by the way, you did see that right? Wink

Yes, i was agreeing with you.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Its really just starting to grind my gears how EVERYONE says Matt gives us more stability at QB and that we HAVE to keep him in.

I dont think anybody thinks he should stay in. I just think he puts in better position to win each week. Due to his experience and the way he knows when to move to a hurry up offense when we got the defense on there heels. I think jake is obviously the much more talented but i think matts experience out weights lockers poor mechanics he does over and under throw recivers alot and make some throws into double coverage that he shouldn't as does any young quarterback.

And Hasslebeck doesn't? You obviously do not like Jake Locker.

You obviously just hate hasselbeck i like locker as are quarterback and he should be are starter this year so we can stop delaying his progression hes just not the quarterback that will win us more games this year.

I do hate Hasslebeck I haven't been quiet in saying that. But you saying the he is better than a healthy Jake Locker is asanine. You need to hop of Hasslebeck's jock strap.
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeze

Dan Marino is an idiot.

Says Hass is the reason fo the Titans winning and the reason why CJ2k is back.

Good grief.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what if we didn't have Hass and Rusty was the guy to come in these last couple games.

Still hate Hass now?

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
Finnerception

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
Geeze

Dan Marino is an idiot.

Says Hass is the reason fo the Titans winning and the reason why CJ2k is back.

Good grief.

Better than Trent Dilfer.

AGH MATTHEW HASSELBECK SAVED MY LIFE.

THAT 4TH DOWN PASS WAS THE GREATEST PASS I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFETIME (THAT I'D NO LONGER HAVE IF NOT FOR MATTHEW HASSELBECK).

etc.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
So what if we didn't have Hass and Rusty was the guy to come in these last couple games.

Still hate Hass now?

The coaches, as well as Hass and Locker, have acknowledged that Rusty understands the offense better than either Hass or Locker. Rusty clearly has a much stronger arm. I don't think things would be much worse with Rusty playing. CJ has been doing well (really well last week), the defense... well CJ has been doing well. Anyway I don't know why things would be much worse with Rusty. Lack of chemistry with the WRs would probably be the biggest problem. Does Rusty ever get reps with the starters?
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hass snuffed out any chance of a QB controversy today.

If the "analysts" on television are still going to harp on it, I'd be shocked.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did what he has done all season. Play a respectable game that is covered with 2 or so plays that are backbreakers.

I think the fingers will be pointed at defense and refs.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:

Still hate Hass now?

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/262571679333617665

Quote:
In warmups, #Titans QB Rusty Smith repeatedly throwing behind the back passes 15 yards on the money

Yes.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say I'm not understanding the heat on Hass after today. This was our defense that lost the game, not hasselbeck. He actually played pretty well 22-29, no INTs.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Quote:
In warmups, #Titans QB Rusty Smith repeatedly throwing behind the back passes 15 yards on the money

Yes.

cause that's what we needed today, good old Rusty chucking behind the back passes down field
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
Gotta say I'm not understanding the heat on Hass after today. This was our defense that lost the game, not hasselbeck. He actually played pretty well 22-29, no INTs.
He was mediocre today. As usual. Blaming a defense that allowed 13 points in regulation is rather ridiculous though. Would put more blame on Hass, if only for his missing Cook and then the attempted INT than on the defense.

Props to mike23md on the sig
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:

The OL played about as well as they have all year, CJ was running like CJ2K again, all WRs and TEs available, and Hasselbeck led us to... 13 points against the Colts. On top of that, he crumbled late in the game. Whether the defense cost the team the game is irrelevant.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would rather blame Hasselbeck than the defense? Really? It's not Hasselbecks fault that the referees were playing on the Colt's defense.

Outside of the throw to Cook and his attempted interception.. he played a solid game.

How many times has Locker overthrown a wide open receiver? Enough for us to have it in our minds that he has slight inaccuracy issues and OFTEN tends to float passes over the heads of receivers.

I like Locker and I believe he is our starter and I'm not saying Hasselbeck is lighting up the NFL.

I'm saying he is not the reason we lost.

We had several dropped interceptions.

Referees screwed us over.

The defense was non-existant outside of the redzone.

Bironas missed a field goal.

Ryan Mouton.

Referees.

But no, let's blame the guy who made no turnovers, completed the majority of his passes, and looked solid all day just because he missed on throw in a situation where we should have been running the ball so the clock kept moving and we wouldn't have to punt from the Colt's 40 in the first place.

Referees. Coaches. Ryan Mouton. Not to take anything away from the Colt's win.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
You would rather blame Hasselbeck than the defense? Really? It's not Hasselbecks fault that the referees were playing on the Colt's defense.

Outside of the throw to Cook and his attempted interception.. he played a solid game.

How many times has Locker overthrown a wide open receiver? Enough for us to have it in our minds that he has slight inaccuracy issues and OFTEN tends to float passes over the heads of receivers.

I like Locker and I believe he is our starter and I'm not saying Hasselbeck is lighting up the NFL.

I'm saying he is not the reason we lost.

We had several dropped interceptions.

The defense was non-existant outside of the redzone.

Bironas missed a field goal.

Ryan Mouton.

Referees.

But no, let's blame the guy who made no turnovers, completed the majority of his passes, and looked solid all day just because he missed on throw in a situation where we should have been running the ball so the clock kept moving and we wouldn't have to punt from the Colt's 40 in the first place.

Referees. Coaches. Ryan Mouton. Not to take anything away from the Colt's win.

I don't know who you're responding to, but in case it's me I'll restate my case again.

None of that crap you mentioned has any bearing on how Hasselbeck played. It's really that simple. Fumbled snaps, tacking a sack ten seconds after the snap, missing open receivers - these are all on Hass and unrelated to Mouton. Evaluating Hasselbeck does not include how bad Mouton was. It doesn't include the defense. It includes Hasselbeck.

I didn't blame Hass for the loss. I only blame him for his own poor showing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: