You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official Fossilbeck thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titanium

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
John Clayton's sentence in the ESPN power rankings this week:
Quote:
The Titans may not have a defense, but Mike Munchak would be defenseless if he replaces Matt Hasselbeck as the starting QB.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

John Clayton's tiny head has a tiny brain inside of it. Twisted Evil
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
John Clayton's sentence in the ESPN power rankings this week:
Quote:
The Titans may not have a defense, but Mike Munchak would be defenseless if he replaces Matt Hasselbeck as the starting QB.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

John Clayton's tiny head has a tiny brain inside of it. Twisted Evil

His new "This is Sportscenter" commercial is so funny though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Its really just starting to grind my gears how EVERYONE says Matt gives us more stability at QB and that we HAVE to keep him in.

I dont think anybody thinks he should stay in. I just think he puts in better position to win each week. Due to his experience and the way he knows when to move to a hurry up offense when we got the defense on there heels. I think jake is obviously the much more talented but i think matts experience out weights lockers poor mechanics he does over and under throw recivers alot and make some throws into double coverage that he shouldn't as does any young quarterback.
qa

qa!
And Hasslebeck doesn't? You obviously do not like Jake Locker.

You obviously just hate hasselbeck i like locker as are quarterback and he should be are starter this year so we can stop delaying his progression hes just not the quarterback that will win us more games this year.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The central key of this whole debate is the production of CJ and the run-game. In the first 3 games of the season (all started by Locker), we had no run-game and Locker was the leading rusher on the team with 11 in week 1, 21 in week 2, and 35 in week 3.

CJ was non-existant in the first 3 games, forcing all the pressure onto Locker who actually handled it quite well, averaging about 22 PPG (most coming from the Lions game). Imagine how well our offense would have been if CJ was running for 100+ in those weeks? Think of the change in TOP, and the amount of time our defense would be off the field? (Which is where I like them best).

Hasselbecks has played in pretty much 4 full games. In 3 of those games, CJ ran for 141, 91, and 195 yards. And through those games we've averaged a little less than 20.0 PPG.

This locks up the debate for me. We were scoring more points with Locker, we were throwing for more yards and more big plays in the pass game with Locker, throwing in the two additional factors of being without any running game, and we were without a 100% healthy Britt. Yeah Locker is the guy who should be out there.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the NFL.com article, John Clayton's comments and hearing Chris Berman last nght, among other things is why I want Locker in ASAP. I like that we're being cautious with Locker however, the Hasselbeck as the starter stuff just irks my nerves. It's going to be tiresome hearing that we should keep Hasselbeck in everytime we're mentioned in the media, especially because we all know that Jake should be our starter.

#MTGA
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simple. Just wait until Locker's healthy, and then let Ruskie break Hasselbeck's leg Russian mafia style. Locker would unquestionably be starting, and the media could get off Hasselbeck's nuts.

...I'm kidding. Guys, Hasselbeck is 37 years old. He's played well in spot duty these last couple of weeks, but it's nothing to make a fuss about in terms of how it affects Locker. If anything, it's a blessing because Locker's injury isn't something to take lightly. Everyone knows, even the stubborn [inappropriate/removed] media, that Hasselbeck's days as an NFL quarterback are numbered. Just because Hass is a media darling (always has been), it doesn't really change a single damn thing in the grand scheme of things.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a non issue.....
Jake will be the starter when he is healthy.

Let the talking heads say what they want....Half of them don't think Locker is a good player anyway. They are hung up on his college Completion percentage.

Locker is the starter....
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm the only Fossilbeck supporter.

I said it last year. Jake's ok, but Matt's the best QB we've had in years. If he's the hot hand, you have to ride it out. He's not going to be in the NFL for that much longer.

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

I said it last year. Jake's ok, but Matt's the best QB we've had in years. If he's the hot hand, you have to ride it out. He's not going to be in the NFL for that much longer.

So lets sit the better QB on the bench. Perfect idea!!!

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
VYoung10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Doesn't matter. Munch has said it so many times, I don't even know why its talked about anymore. When Jake is healthy, he is the starter. This isn't Jeff Fisher anymore. You do not lose your job from an injury.
s_camp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

So Locker starts his third year with, what, four starts under his belt? While Hass leads us to what, exactly? If it's anything short of a Lombardi trophy, it is literally a waste of time.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

So Locker starts his third year with, what, four starts under his belt? While Hass leads us to what, exactly? If it's anything short of a Lombardi trophy, it is literally a waste of time.

Hass is nowhere near a hot hand. He's distinctly average at best. All the so called "experts" do is look at the back to back wins and claim Hass is on fire because they literally do not care about the Titans so know very little about the organisation.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Doesn't matter. Munch has said it so many times, I don't even know why its talked about anymore. When Jake is healthy, he is the starter. This isn't Jeff Fisher anymore. You do not lose your job from an injury.

Wait... wasn't Fisher accused of sticking with his veteran's too long? Doesn't that go against a backup overtaking a starter's job even when hurt?

Or is this strictly related to the situation with that previous "franchise" QB? He lost his job not because of injury... he lost it because he was immature, a head case, a cry baby, and idiot, etc... the list goes on and on.
Mac 9 for LiFE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Hass is nowhere near a hot hand. He's distinctly average at best. All the so called "experts" do is look at the back to back wins and claim Hass is on fire because they literally do not care about the Titans so know very little about the organisation.

He has a 78.2 Rating on the 2012 Season...hot hand? He's barely eclipsed 200 yards in 2 out of his 3 starts, and hasn't thrown more than 1 TD in any of them. I like Hasselbeck but c'mon.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac 9 for LiFE wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

He has a 78.2 Rating on the 2012 Season...hot hand? He's barely eclipsed 200 yards in 2 out of his 3 starts, and hasn't thrown more than 1 TD in any of them. I like Hasselbeck but c'mon.

Just clarifying.... I said he was nowhere near a hot hand by the way, you did see that right? Wink

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: