You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official Fossilbeck thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titanium

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know what we get with Hass - sometimes good, sometimes bad. He's done good the last 2 games, bad the 2 prior. He is a good backup.

Locker is undoubtedly better at this point, because of his athleticism alone, the rest of his game will improve as he plays more.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really just starting to grind my gears how EVERYONE says Matt gives us more stability at QB and that we HAVE to keep him in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Its really just starting to grind my gears how EVERYONE says Matt gives us more stability at QB and that we HAVE to keep him in.

Not everyone.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Not everyone.
Exclamation

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
but i honestly think hasselbeck puts us in a better position to win every week.

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
Titans_31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

I dont think anybody thinks he should stay in. I just think he puts in better position to win each week. Due to his experience and the way he knows when to move to a hurry up offense when we got the defense on there heels. I think jake is obviously the much more talented but i think matts experience out weights lockers poor mechanics he does over and under throw recivers alot and make some throws into double coverage that he shouldn't as does any young quarterback.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
justing101 wrote:

I dont think anybody thinks he should stay in. I just think he puts in better position to win each week. Due to his experience and the way he knows when to move to a hurry up offense when we got the defense on there heels. I think jake is obviously the much more talented but i think matts experience out weights lockers poor mechanics he does over and under throw recivers alot and make some throws into double coverage that he shouldn't as does any young quarterback.

And Hasslebeck doesn't? You obviously do not like Jake Locker.
VYoung10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hass is a good backup, no doubt.
If we need him, he can come in and keep us competitive, but he's not going to win games for us, whereas he can lose them for us. I can't think of how many interceptions he would have if the defense knew how to catch.
With Jake, he has proven himself to be a very good starter, and can win us games. He gets better every week, and seemingly, we seem to as a team also. The team is behind Jake, and he is the deserved starter. With him in, we have a chance to win out. With Hass in, I think we win a max of 8.
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Did you watch the Bills game?

And yeah plenty of people think the team should stick with Hass as the starter.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000083964/article/matt-hasselbeck-will-start-again-for-tennessee-titans

Rolling Eyes

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
Titanium

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if Locker isn't ready he isn't ready. He should have surgery if it would be best long term.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are any of these people watching the Tennessee Titans play, Hasselback is not that wonderful, yeah he makes a good throw twice a game, but my God watch the games and you will see him dink and dunk and take a sack at terrible times. At this point in their careers Locker is the better player.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily we play the Colts this week. I do not want to see Hass against the Bears.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't get the Hass love. It's all just people going ga-ga now that we're winning, not noticing that the Oline and CJ (and Palmer's scheme) have really improved over the course of the season. Having Hass in is not the factor that improved our run game- Oline Play, CJ play, and Palmer abandoning the zone blocking shenanigans and going back to straight ahead blocking is. If Locker had had this to work with earlier in the season, we would actually have been competitive in those early games.

And Hass didn't even do much versus the Bills. It was mainly all run game, with Hass chipping in a few times and making one big pass (and that was more Nate Washington being a boss, not Hass). Hass has also been far more error prone than Locker. And, of course, Hass limits our playbook a lot because of his arm strength. That has actually been a good-ish thing in the short run, since it forced Palmer to stop being as wacko and focus on fixing the run game and gave the receivers more time to solidify their understanding of the playbook, but Locker coming back will open up the offense a lot more.

Hass is a great backup- but based on Locker's play this year, I don't really see any broad category he's better in. He puts a little more touch on his passes I guess. But he makes just as many errors, if not more, his deep balls are weak and have to be based purely on 1st read matchup (whereas Locker can look deep 2nd or 3rd in his progression and then gun it), he can't scramble and takes more sacks, and he can't fit balls into tight windows (as in in between defenders). Locker is the better option.

If CJ and the Oline keep performing well, our offense will be truly deadly when Locker comes back.
PS- doesn't this remind anyone of our Superbowl season in 99 when O'Donnell was in for McNair during his injury and people were saying we should ride with him? Yeah...
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton's sentence in the ESPN power rankings this week:
Quote:
The Titans may not have a defense, but Mike Munchak would be defenseless if he replaces Matt Hasselbeck as the starting QB.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Props to mike23md on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: