You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official Fossilbeck thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a local tv news station 80% of the people who voted said we should stick with Hasselback Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was driving into work, I got to thinking...
Would Locker have thrown that pass to Nate on 4th down?

Cause really he wasn't really open on that play. It was the smallest of windows to throw into.

Not saying Locker can't make that throw, but would he have hesitated and not thrown it.

I think back to Locker's injury against the Texans, if he would have read the blitz and threw the hot to Cook, he would have had a gain. Instead he missed it, hesitated and got lighted up.

All that said, Locker should be the QB without question, but again I think the value of Hasselbeck gets lost on many on the forum simply because they hate him.

The Texans and Vikings game where horrible. I was calling for his head too. But he has rebounded nicely and is doing what we need him to do. Making key throws and providing a direction.

I think this is where his value is. Provide 4-5 games of relief if needed. After that we may see him slide again like late last year.
VYoung10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Cause really he wasn't really open on that play. It was the smallest of windows to throw into.

Not saying Locker can't make that throw, but would he have hesitated and not thrown it.

I think back to Locker's injury against the Texans, if he would have read the blitz and threw the hot to Cook, he would have had a gain. Instead he missed it, hesitated and got lighted up.

All that said, Locker should be the QB without question, but again I think the value of Hasselbeck gets lost on many on the forum simply because they hate him.

The Texans and Vikings game where horrible. I was calling for his head too. But he has rebounded nicely and is doing what we need him to do. Making key throws and providing a direction.

I think this is where his value is. Provide 4-5 games of relief if needed. After that we may see him slide again like late last year.

Would Locker have made that throw? Who knows.
But I think its more likely that we aren't even in that position with Locker starting.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:

But I think its more likely that we aren't even in that position with Locker starting.

I don't understand that statement. Would the defense had played better if Locker was there?

We put up 35 points which on any day I think we'd take. Yea he made some bad checkdowns late, but are people really that crucial of his overall play?

I thought he played well.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Agreed, Hass missed some throws Locker would've made in his sleep. Specifically missing Britt wide open for a TD.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Agreed, Hass missed some throws Locker would've made in his sleep. Specifically missing Britt wide open for a TD.

While I don't disagree with the Deep throw to Britt, I just don't think it's fair to assume one way or another how Locker vs Hasselbeck would have done.

We've seen off games from Locker. Let's not pretend he is pinpont accurate all day every day.

I just didn't think people would be so critical of Hasselbeck after his game espeically with the way he got almost no defensive support.
I think if Locker had the same exact game, same numbers and all most be ready to put him in Canton.

I just don't think thats fair and balanced. While it comes off that I'm just downing Locker while lifting up Hasselbeck, that isn't the case. I want Locker on the field. But I'm don't hate every play Hasselbeck makes either.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
I love that we're not rushing Locker back but I just hate that if we beat the Colts and Hasselbeck has a respectable game, then the "Keep Hasselbeck as the starter" train will become even bigger. Heck it's already starting to become big after this past game.

I don't know that this is really a problem, it's just spawning from Marino's statements after the game. Who do you know actually thinks Hass should keep starting? It seems the only ones that do are the old timers who don't know anything about the team.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

While I don't disagree with the Deep throw to Britt, I just don't think it's fair to assume one way or another how Locker vs Hasselbeck would have done.

We've seen off games from Locker. Let's not pretend he is pinpont accurate all day every day.

I just didn't think people would be so critical of Hasselbeck after his game espeically with the way he got almost no defensive support.
I think if Locker had the same exact game, same numbers and all most be ready to put him in Canton.

I just don't think thats fair and balanced. While it comes off that I'm just downing Locker while lifting up Hasselbeck, that isn't the case. I want Locker on the field. But I'm don't hate every play Hasselbeck makes either.

Hass could still be a serviceable starter in this league for a team like Arizona that has a good D but needs a QB. With the way our D plays we need more energy and athleticism on offense to put up 27+ points on a weekly basis. Hass has done a good job, but I don't think he can keep it up if given the chance. He got tired down the stretch last season and it showed.

I agree that Locker isn't 100% pin point accurate, but Hass has his moments, too. I still don't see why he throws a pass for 3 yards on 3rd and 10 when the WR has NO chance of getting those extra yards.
I would be more excited if Locker put up those numbers because he is still essentially a rookie. Hass should be able to put of those numbers given all his experience and the game CJ had.

Hass has a mental advantage over Locker at this point, but Locker has the physical edge by FAR. We've got to remember Locker has only played in a handful of games in this point of his career. I'm more than pleased with how he has been playing given his little amount of in game experience.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
I love that we're not rushing Locker back but I just hate that if we beat the Colts and Hasselbeck has a respectable game, then the "Keep Hasselbeck as the starter" train will become even bigger. Heck it's already starting to become big after this past game.

Munch said today even with Hass getting "hot", Locker will still start when healthy.

Wow.... If this has been Hass getting hot I'd hate to see him play when he's stone cold. He's below average at best I'm afraid and that is it.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
prozac77

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

Hass could still be a serviceable starter in this league for a team like Arizona that has a good D but needs a QB. With the way our D plays we need more energy and athleticism on offense to put up 27+ points on a weekly basis. Hass has done a good job, but I don't think he can keep it up if given the chance. He got tired down the stretch last season and it showed.

I don't know if Hasslebeck would make it 2 games playing behind that O-line Laughing They are baaaaaaaaaad.

I think Hasslebeck can be moderately successful as long as everyone else is doing their job on offense. If he can continue to feed the ball to Wash, Wright, Britt, and sometimes ( Rolling Eyes ) Cook, then the Titans will be able to beat teams like Buffalo and Indy.

However, a game against a team like Chicago? That could get ugly incredibly fast.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

Its all speculation... but speculating about that deep throw is the same as speculating about the 4th down throw. No one's right nor wrong... we don't know.

And I'm far from a Hass hater. I thought he was done a few weeks ago, and the past 2 weeks has proven he still has enough in the tank to help us win a few games. But I also know not to kid myself. Locker is not only the future... but he's also the better QB now. He may not have some of the reads or experience that Hass brings to the table... but he more than makes up with it with everything else.

In a down AFC year, if this team has a hope of making a deep playoff run... Locker is going to be the guy behind center to get it done. But he needs to get back there as soon as possible so him and the rest of the offense can get on the same page and start clicking before the late season run.
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give credit where it is due. The man has done what he's needed to do these last 2 games. He's done just enough to put points on the board, and has played well in late game situations. But, I still have that sinking feeling that it's just a matter of time before trashelbeck shows back up. Not to mention, at his age I'm not sure he could stay healthy down the stretch anyway. He is the backup for a reason, and I really wish some of the media talking heads could get that through their skulls.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No denying Hasselbeck has done some good here, but it's a no brainer to put Locker back in when he can play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasselsuck is one of the most inconsistent players in the NFL. Starting him to many times makes his brain fry and he ends up being worse than Blaine Gabbert.
Titans_31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how you guys complain about a win Laughing in all honesty locker can make eveey kinda play you would want from the quarter back position but i honestly think hasselbeck puts us in a better position to win every week.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: