Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Edwards released from the Falcons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottonatable

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Ray Edwards released from the Falcons Reply with quote

he just got released from the Falcons... He could help our pass rush since clayborn is gone.. whats your input?
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My input? I said he'd be nothing without the Williams bros and Jared, I win
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
My input? I said he'd be nothing without the Williams bros and Jared, I win

True, but I still would like to pick him up just for the depth and his starting experience. I doubt it happens, but I'd be in favor of it.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure he's more of a run stopper. Not very useful without 3 all-pro's next to him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i agree with the whole vikings line. but to have him in our rotation would be huge there is no denying that.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's more of a run stopper. Not very useful without 3 all-pro's next to him.

Yeah, he is. If he was more of a dynamic pass-rusher I'd be all for it.

I'm more or less indifferent towards him. He's a veteran, meh.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want him.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really interested in Edwards, the Falcons aren't going to just cut a good player. If anything I would rather give Morgan a shot if needed to add depth.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Not really interested in Edwards, the Falcons aren't going to just cut a good player. If anything I would rather give Morgan a shot if needed to add depth.
I got a gut feeling after roster moves today that allows us to have 1 open active roster spot, we're probably going to pick him up. I don't want Ray Edwards on this team but I just think we will try to get him tomorrow(he clears waivers then)

Personally, I thought he was overrated from the start and knew he was going to be a FA bust. I don't want him but adding him improves our depth and possibly pass rush (if he screws his head on right)
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I got a gut feeling after roster moves today that allows us to have 1 open active roster spot, we're probably going to pick him up. I don't want Ray Edwards on this team but I just think we will try to get him tomorrow(he clears waivers then)

Personally, I thought he was overrated from the start and knew he was going to be a FA bust. I don't want him but adding him improves our depth and possibly pass rush (if he screws his head on right)

Ehh I don't think so. Edwards was just cut from a Super Bowl contender. No thanks.
blaine-stew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pick him up for the veteran minimum once he clears waivers, he will do a job as a rotation man
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Ehh I don't think so. Edwards was just cut from a Super Bowl contender. No thanks.

I agree, I don't really want him either. I don't understand your "he was just cut from a contender" reasoning. I get it if he was released from like the Jags. Not questioning your reason, I just don't follow.

#EmbraceTheSuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: