Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Saints vs. Bucs: San Diego was our first...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant watch the game since I live far from the area of N.O games, But assuming you guys are in a up beat mood, and not wearing bags over your heads Laughing lol. How are the Saints playing today? are they shaping up to be the 9-7 team I think they can be? Is It too much to ask for major play commentary? Since I canīt watch the games?
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
cant watch the game since I live far from the area of N.O games, But assuming you guys are in a up beat mood, and not wearing bags over your heads Laughing lol. How are the Saints playing today? are they shaping up to be the 9-7 team I think they can be? Is It too much to ask for major play commentary? Since I canīt watch the games?

Offense ballin out... even without Graham!!!

Defense looked horrible in 1st quarter but since has looked amazing, (still could use a better pass rush tho). Seems like these guys are gradually gaining the concept of Spags sysetm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this game is a sign to come for Malcolm Jenkins, then this defense will only get better and better!

TO think I was ready to trade the guy in the 1st quarter and now he shows me up! Embarassed

Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good stuff, how is Hicks doing? does seems as a good fit in Spags system? and how is White at CB? im wonder because I have a feeling the Saints may trade down in the 1st round of the draft. to fill more holes.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
good stuff, how is Hicks doing? does seems as a good fit in Spags system? and how is White at CB? im wonder because I have a feeling the Saints may trade down in the 1st round of the draft. to fill more holes.

Hicks showing flashes of dominance... Blew by Nicks on one play like he wasent even in front of him to disrupt play in backfield. Dude gonna be a beast in time!

Not seeing to much of White... Greer back and playing steady. Vilma quietly having a solid game.

UPDATE:
Corey White getting abused

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liking the commitment to the run but the run playcalling is very questionable at best! Everyone and there momma knows your gonna run. You put Sproles in the game, everyone knows your going for the edge!

I'm sick of how Carmichael telegraph's the run play to the defense!!!

For all the innovative passing sets and schemes we employ these offensive coaches have a highschool coaching level when it comes to run play calling!!!

Just seems they would rather be cute than physical!

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else besides me noticing the difference in defensive play when Hicks isnt in the game???

Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a win! It's a huge win! That D in the second half was a D I've never seen this season. If not for some stupid penalties by Harper, we would've shut them out in the second half.

Like I'm not sure who that second half D was, but I want them back next week. They stepped up.

Brees was Brees and offense was offense.

I can't get over the defense though. Great effort. It seemed Smith was benched towards the end of the 3rd quarter for Galette and Ellis for Hicks. Which is the right move.

Our coverage got better too in the second half. Corey White still gets burned every play. Like I have no idea why he gets playing time over J. Patrick. Jenkins and Harper, though each had some bad plays, made more good ones than bad ones today. Lofton was a monster.

OH! And the run D?! Where the heck did that come from? We were in the backfield making splash plays over and over and over again. First time this season too.

Big win for us. Also, we're 2nd in the division are we not?

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
What a win! It's a huge win! That D in the second half was a D I've never seen this season. If not for some stupid penalties by Harper, we would've shut them out in the second half.

Like I'm not sure who that second half D was, but I want them back next week. They stepped up.

Brees was Brees and offense was offense.

I can't get over the defense though. Great effort. It seemed Smith was benched towards the end of the 3rd quarter for Galette and Ellis for Hicks. Which is the right move.

Our coverage got better too in the second half. Corey White still gets burned every play. Like I have no idea why he gets playing time over J. Patrick. Jenkins and Harper, though each had some bad plays, made more good ones than bad ones today. Lofton was a monster.

OH! And the run D?! Where the heck did that come from? We were in the backfield making splash plays over and over and over again. First time this season too.

Big win for us. Also, we're 2nd in the division are we not?

A couple observations...

1. THis team has good running potential but it lacks comminment to the run and a creative mind in run play calling.

2. Defense played much better, Hicks was a monster and required double teams at times opening the outside guys. We still very much lack a pass rushing pressence!!! Harper, Jenkins, P-ROb and Lofton will cover as best as they can but they cant cover all day... WE NEED A RUSHER ON THE EDGE!!!

Great win, getting better each game... White must be dating Spags daughter or something (Or J. Patrick broke her heart) Laughing

I also feel that Lofton and Vilma proved today that they can coexist!

Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't hicks and Gallette hurt today? Wow i hope its not serious, I had(have) high hopes for Hicks.

Jenkins impressed me with his hustle, all this while I had been accusing him of not really trying that hard, as opposed to some of our other players who try hard and just aren't that good. He still can't tackle though, and Josh Freeman had a career day. This defense shows flashes of potential but they also look like the all time worst defense in NFL history, they just can't put it together for a full game. Still though, I could definitely see an improvement in their attitude if not the production. If the bucs hadn't come in ready to play offensively, this woulda been a blowout, almost was anyway.

EDIT:

Oh, and also, please either stop giving ingram carries or mix up this run game a bit. My grandmother can predict with 70% accuracy when brees is gonna hand the ball off, and depending on whos in the backfield, everyone knows where its going. If the playcalling isn't gonna change, then give the ball solely to thomas and sproles who can make plays from nothing, unlike ingram, who seems to need a lot more help going positive.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, and also, please either stop giving ingram carries or mix up this run game a bit. My grandmother can predict with 70% accuracy when brees is gonna hand the ball off, and depending on whos in the backfield, everyone knows where its going. If the playcalling isn't gonna change, then give the ball solely to thomas and sproles who can make plays from nothing, unlike ingram, who seems to need a lot more help going positive.

I'll agree to an extent... Ya gotta remember tho, when Sproles and THomas are in the game the defense ALWAYS will have to be aware and weary of the swing pass and screen.

Ingram is set up for failure in this offense in my opinion. I actually feel sorry for the kid because no back in his situation would be producing. Its not like the line is blowing open massive holes for him to run through and when he (Ingram) comes into the game the defense goes 8 sometimes 9 in the box because they know ingram will 8 times out of 10 will get the ball up the middle. The Saints gain some play action plays down field every now and then off this but the defense will always play the odds and stack aganist Ingram.

I don't blame the kid... I blame this coaching staff!!!

When you trade up like they did for a Back, you don't give up that kinda trade for a short yardage back. It is clearly obvious that this coaching staff got caught up in pre draft hype and jumped the gun on a player that they obviously had ZERO plans for implementation for and this defense is struggling because of it!!!

THis ones on Loomis and Payton... They drafted the kid without a plan! If your not gonna commit to the run, then why trade up for a 1st round back that clearly needs to get touches in order to be affective?

Please don't tell be a short yardage back was worth a future 1st round pick because our defensive performance latey tells me those pick could have been used much more wisley!!!

NOTE
The picks New England aquired in the Ingram were used to draft S. Ridley of LSU and packaged to trade up for Chandler Jones a year later.

As to date Ingram has been a dissapointment while Ridley is clearly the more productive backl. Also the Saints are desprate for a pass rusher while Jones might end up being this years DROY at DE for the PAts!

Just sayin... Wink

Raves

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridley would be having the same if not more issues with the Saints that Ingram is having. You have to remember that Reggie couldn't run behind our line to save his life either, but the past 2 seasons in Miami he looks like a completely different running back, closer to what was expected of him when he was drafted. It's simply the staff's inept ability to use running backs properly in the offense.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's simply the staff's inept ability to use running backs properly in the offense

Could not agree more!

I sure hope that included in those notes than Sean Payton say he takes during games this season is a note that reads...

"FIND RUNNING GAME COORDINATOR IN OFFSEASON"

Laughing

Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the way Ingram is being used is more the problem than he is. However, we see Thomas breaking tackles and pushing piles, we don't see Ingram doing that. We see Sproles hit impossible holes and make outstanding cuts, we don't see Ingram doing that. I'm not a fan of the way this run game is being managed, and I'm not hating on Ingram, but every time we give him the ball its like giving up a down automatically. His sole purpose IMO is to open up the play action, but Thomas and Sproles could do that just as well while getting us some yards in the process.

Whoevers to blame it doesn't matter, the fact is we gotta either stop running Ingram, or mix it up enough that the defense can't afford to zero in on him every time he's in the game.

Also, i saw him trip over grass today in the backfield, and every game this year i've seen him run into his own blockers needlessly, he really isn't looking to good regardless of the coaching or playcalling.

On a side note, where the hell is Ivory? Is he still hurt? I could have sworn he's healthy and he's earned some carries in my book. Really no sense in him riding the pine if he's healthy.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:
It's simply the staff's inept ability to use running backs properly in the offense

Could not agree more!

I sure hope that included in those notes than Sean Payton say he takes during games this season is a note that reads...

"FIND RUNNING GAME COORDINATOR IN OFFSEASON"

Laughing

Honestly, I want to see if there is any difference once Vitt takes over, and Kromer can go back to doing what he did well last season...manage the OLine and Run game. His duties as HC could have interfered with how the OLine and Run game have been handled. Lets see how the rest of the season goes with him back to doing his job. He was magnificent at his duties last season.

BTW...not enough is being said about Morgan's amazing TD catch. That was about as good as it gets.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: