Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
96%
 96%  [ 26 ]
Cardinals
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

adamq

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Goldson is becoming one of my favorite players on the team. We have to pay him. He is probably one of the best safteys in the NFL.

He has really, really impressed me this season. Put me on the record, give Goldson whatever he wants... so long as it's structured like Brook's contract.

-kiltman
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Dashon looks pretty damn good against the pass to me... I don't know what you guys are seeing. Maybe it's just that you're assuming he has to be mediocre in that aspect because he's such a damn boss everywhere else.

All I know is that I've been saying that we needed to pay this dude two years ago. You can't replace what he brings to the team. It would be a devastating loss... and that's not an exaggeration.

He's great at playing the ball in the air, I believe where he struggles is man-to-man coverage. You have to let him flow to the ball.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Does anyone have a video of that Moss block?

I looked everywhere and still can't find it. PLEASE, someone make a gif of that block. Love Randy Dandy!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, this year Goldson has only allowed 72 yards on 16 attempts so can't complain. In the past he was boom or bust as evident against the Cardinals last year. Both safeties are playing fundamentally sound.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Honestly, this year Goldson has only allowed 72 yards on 16 attempts so can't complain. In the past he was boom or bust as evident against the Cardinals last year. Both safeties are playing fundamentally sound.

As one of Goldson's biggest critics I'd say besides the games against the Packers and Vikings he's been top notch this year.

I'm not exactly sure when they can re-start negotiations with him, but it'd be nice if the team and him could come to a reasonable contract agreement. Although, I'm guessing the Redskins are waiting for the second Goldson hits the open market to give him the craziest richest contract for a safety in NFL history.

*(as an extra blocker)
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldson can't negotiate a contract until after the season I believe.

I think he wants to stay here because he turned down a bigger contract from New England and settled for two million last year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Goldson can't negotiate a contract until after the season I believe.

I think he wants to stay here because he turned down a bigger contract from New England and settled for two million last year.

Plus Vernon Davis gave him a new cell phone, can't beat that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I love the family atmosphere this team has and they care for each other. But when it comes to money, we will really see if they are willing to take less Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ha! I love the family atmosphere this team has and they care for each other. But when it comes to money, we will really see if they are willing to take less Laughing .

I hope they are. If he and Soap could get locked up that would be amazing. Having the same defensive unit for 3 years is unheard of.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I hope they are. If he and Soap could get locked up that would be amazing. Having the same defensive unit for 3 years is unheard of.

Honestly I wouldn't care if Soap doesn't get locked up. He seemed to regress this year in defending the run and not holding his ground as well as last year.

^Kempes^
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Honestly I wouldn't care if Soap doesn't get locked up. He seemed to regress this year in defending the run and not holding his ground as well as last year.

Plus, I'm not sure I would like to sign him to another 4-5 years deal. Maybe we can re-sign RJF and find someone in the draft to groom.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Goldson is becoming one of my favorite players on the team. We have to pay him. He is probably one of the best safteys in the NFL.

I was hesitant. I admit it.
But he has proved his worth to our defense. He deserves a pay day.
Whitner is getting lost in coverage this year too it seems. Dashon isn't great against the pass, but he's pretty good. And against the run he's amazing. He's tackling rbs a yard after the los. He does miss some tackles, like yesterday where he goes for the hit and doesn't wrap.

He does miss tackles he shouldn't because he goes for the kill, but he when he brings the heat the defense goes to another level. His hit hyped the D up big time.

That pass he swatted against the jets I believe was a thing of beauty, and I love the intensity he brings to the field. If he left he would be missed dearly. Every time a ball is thrown it feels like he could get a pick or decapitate someone. Me likey.
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't think every receiver on the Cardinals, after seeing that hit, became just a little gun shy for the rest of the game, you're not being honest with yourself.

What's funny is that it didn't look like that bad of a hit when I saw the replay later. I mean, it was a hard hit, for sure, but when you're in the stands and you see a body go to rag-doll mode in mid air during a hit, you're thinking a spine just snapped. Never heard that many gasps in my life. It just looked like a different kind of hit from that far away. Weird.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a Goldson sig of this.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c0.97.843.403/p843x403/486667_10151070457466875_2051487916_n.jpg

It's my wallpaper.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Plus, I'm not sure I would like to sign him to another 4-5 years deal. Maybe we can re-sign RJF and find someone in the draft to groom.

Yeah I'd rather save what it would cost to re-sign Soap for re-signing Goldson and Bowman. I have faith in RJF

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 47 of 48

Jump to: