Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
96%
 96%  [ 26 ]
Cardinals
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are starting to mix a little bit more blitzes in the last few games. But again, this team will sacrifice that aspect as long as they don't give up the big play. Aldon Smith is starting to get chipped a lot more so Brooks needs to continue to get in the backfield. Bowman and Willis both had a few hits on Skelton which was nice to see. By blitzing a little more, we should be able to create more turnovers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
That play from moss was great but he had a really nice block for crabs on one play. Gruden pointed it out and the replay you could tell he lit the guy up

WHERE IS THE GIF OF DASHON GETTING HIS REVENGE ON DOUCET

Great game overall though. I love that we scored touchdowns. hopefully we are able to really hammer everything out during the bye and set ourselves up for a deep playoff run. Alex was very efficient, I loved how he gave our guys chances to make plays. I still want to see more pump fakes (esp on those plays when he took sacks, he will freeze the pass rushers if he pump fakes) but overall hard to complain when he sets an NFL RECORD for completion percentage in a single game with over 15 throws. unreal. go alex.

We also need to throw it past the sticks a little more but Im hoping that harbaugh is just saving those plays for when we need them. Same with vernon. I also think the bye will be good for gore

Spot on post, agree with everything. I think it was a great bounceback game for Alex. He needed this as he had hit a rough patch. The Cardinals are no slouch on defense either. Now we get to go into the bye week with some confidence and extra time to gameplan against the Rams.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
WHERE IS THE GIF OF DASHON GETTING HIS REVENGE ON DOUCET

Back 3 pages:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14938684#14938684
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Alex still has that boo boo bruise on his nose Laughing

But yeah I agree with you. Penalties and pass rush in the bye.
Biggest thing or our rush I think is we aren't beating our guys one on one. The stunts worked last year but with all the film, it's not working.

This is the exact game I want from Alex. Just throw those balls out if bounds near somebody instead of trying to spin, run, twist, and pack pedal out of pressure.
Then just take 2 or three shots deep a game.
Super Bowl!
yeah Smith was really good last night. Hard to believe that he only missed on pass and that was a drop. Smith needs to learn to throw away the ball instead of taking sacks. Also they need to work on our 3rd and longs. If they do that Steady will be a happy man. The kind of stats Alex put up last night is the recipe for us to win. I dont mean 18-19 passing I mean around 200+ yards and a TD or 2 or 3. Cool

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
scraly47*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only two complaints are vernon not getting to do work and the sacks Smith too. I am sure there was a hot read there for him to take in those situations.

If we can get Smith to play like this and be able to run the ball for 150 then I like our chances this year.

-Lork
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Biggest thing or our rush I think is we aren't beating our guys one on one. The stunts worked last year but with all the film, it's not working.

This is the exact game I want from Alex. Just throw those balls out if bounds near somebody instead of trying to spin, run, twist, and pack pedal out of pressure.
Super Bowl!
yeah Smith was really good last night. Hard to believe that he only missed on pass and that was a drop. Smith needs to learn to throw away the ball instead of taking sacks. Also they need to work on our 3rd and longs. If they do that Steady will be a happy man. The kind of stats Alex put up last night is the recipe for us to win. I dont mean 18-19 passing I mean around 200+ yards and a TD or 2 or 3. Cool

Yeah, 18 of 19 is great, but effective throwing is all that's needed. That and getting rid of the ball. Alex said it himself in the postgame that's what he needed to do, so go get it done, man!
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
lol like all of smiths yards are after the catch. put in kap!
West Coast Offense...

Bill Walsh's Offense as it was designed...dink and dunk all night long and eventually it will either open up opportunities down field or get the D further from the LOS to open the running game. The BWO often works short of the down marker and relies on YAC, so I don't understand the whining from many, but oh well. I realize it hasn't worked quite as well as when BW was here, but it worked exceptionally well last night. Cool
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Super Bowl!

Yeah, 18 of 19 is great, but effective throwing is all that's needed. That and getting rid of the ball. Alex said it himself in the postgame that's what he needed to do, so go get it done, man!

Last year, he threw the ball away a lot more. This year, he's trying to make plays with his legs. So now he gets more -3 yards, as opposed to last year's 0 yard. It's frustrating to see that. He should realize that he was better off getting rid of it, in this case. The thing is, he did manage to run, earlier in the year, but defenses caught up to that. They cover the checkdown and rush the middle, and Alex gets swallowed up. Maybe he should learn to roll out more. That's something he did more, last year. Maybe the complaints that he wasn't a good enough pocket passer entered his head.

And again: MORE PLAYACTION!! On a couple of occasions, last night, we playactioned, and Alex then had 6 seconds to set up and throw. It works! Just do it! Use it! It will help the running game as well.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldson is becoming one of my favorite players on the team. We have to pay him. He is probably one of the best safteys in the NFL.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Goldson is becoming one of my favorite players on the team. We have to pay him. He is probably one of the best safteys in the NFL.

I was hesitant. I admit it.
But he has proved his worth to our defense. He deserves a pay day.
Whitner is getting lost in coverage this year too it seems. Dashon isn't great against the pass, but he's pretty good. And against the run he's amazing. He's tackling rbs a yard after the los. He does miss some tackles, like yesterday where he goes for the hit and doesn't wrap.

new sig... sorry alex
c0insnap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashon looks pretty damn good against the pass to me... I don't know what you guys are seeing. Maybe it's just that you're assuming he has to be mediocre in that aspect because he's such a damn boss everywhere else.

All I know is that I've been saying that we needed to pay this dude two years ago. You can't replace what he brings to the team. It would be a devastating loss... and that's not an exaggeration.

Beast
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've scratched off a live 49er game on my bucket list, I'm not sure I could do it again. Too many people. Way too many. I loathe crowds. Movie theaters have too many people for me. Throw in the people right in front of you standing up every play, some with signs, and I missed a ton of plays. Luckily, I did get to see the hit on Doucet. The crowd's reaction was intense. I clapped when he got up, of course. Seeing it live....man it was brutal.

I couldn't believe how many Niners fans there were. To give you an idea of how many were there, you could hear a good chunk of people all over the stadium yelling "DEFENSE!" when Skelton was on the field. It was almost as loud as the Cardinals' fans. I swear it seemed like a quarter of the crowd was in a Niners jersey. Loved it!

The crowd was really into the game for the first few drives of the game and the first drive of the second half, but after that, it was pretty quiet. I think about a quarter of the stadium left, but not before booing, after the Cardinals punted on fourth down when they still, possibly, had enough time to make a comeback(Late 3rd quarter? Possibly early 4th?). With around 7 minutes left to play, people were leaving in droves.

As for the game itself, wow. Crabs and Moss had killer YAC. I know a lot of people are criticizing Alex's stats because of it, but he put the ball where it gave his receivers a chance of making the plays. That's something Alex has struggled with at times. Great overall game for Alex. His pocket presence needs some work. No doubt about that. He needs to get rid of the ball, too, but he really didn't have many chances to "throw it in the bleachers" because he was still in the pocket most of the time. And, Alex just doesn't have the speed of other quarterbacks in the league to get to the sideline if there's already a defender gunning for him, unblocked. He also doesn't make the moves in the pocket like Romo and others like him do as well. I think we may have to just accept the fact that Alex will take more sacks than other quarterbacks would in the same situation. All I have to say is, I'm glad we have a good offensive line.

I wish I could rewatch the game. I missed some plays and it was harder to understand what was going on at times with some of the penalties. Maybe I'll sign up for Rewind.

One cool thing about being there was seeing the routes and coverage. Not to mention seeing Alex's helmet move as he's reading through it all. Very cool stuff to see that you don't get to see in the comfort of your couch.

All in all, a good experience. I probably high-fived, fist-bumped, or did the head nod to at least 100 other Niners fans on the way out of the Stadium, and that was just in the "herd" I was in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
lol like all of smiths yards are after the catch. put in kap!
West Coast Offense...

Bill Walsh's Offense as it was designed...dink and dunk all night long and eventually it will either open up opportunities down field or get the D further from the LOS to open the running game. The BWO often works short of the down marker and relies on YAC, so I don't understand the whining from many, but oh well. I realize it hasn't worked quite as well as when BW was here, but it worked exceptionally well last night. Cool

Joe and steve still threw the ball down field more. we remember the john taylor monday nite runs, but we often hit jr deep. especially when there was a decent shot at moving the sticks. But last nite was great. alex needs to do a better job at pocket awareness. but this is where I say our best is as good as anyone. I know that all i want is consistency. and i loved watching last night.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:

Been saying this for a while. Top 5 safety and we shouldn't let him walk.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a video of that Moss block?

Lil Uno with the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 46 of 48

Jump to: