Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roger Goodell recused himself, Paul Tagliabue will step in
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Roger Goodell recused himself, Paul Tagliabue will step in Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been in touch with Roger. He has formally notified me that he will recused himself. Paul Tagliabue will step in.

http://twitter.com/DeSmithNFLPA/statuses/259347943155453952

Quote:
NFLPA boss De Smith just confirmed via Twitter Commissioner Goodell has recused himself from hearing Saints bounty appeal #NFL32

http://twitter.com/mortreport/statuses/259348993857957889

***Update***
Quote:
In addition to the bombshell on Tagliabue stepping in for Goodell on bounty appeal, penalty for Redskins handling of RG3 concussion coming..

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/259350371368062976

Quote:
Skins announce he was "shook up" rather than concussed. Also sounds like investigation into Mario Williams wrist/injury report saga complete

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/259350564083752961

***Update***
Quote:
Until the appeal process is complete the players involve in the #Saints bounty case can still play in NFL games.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/259353784571027457
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... this certainly increases the Saints' chances at winning the appeal. To be honest, they need some kind of permanent role for this. Someone other than Goodell should be reviewing the appeals, always.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the excuse will be if Tagliabue enforces the decisions?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

There will be none...and we can finally all get on with our lives. I just want this story to be in the past.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
In addition to the bombshell on Tagliabue stepping in for Goodell on bounty appeal, penalty for Redskins handling of RG3 concussion coming..

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/259350371368062976

Quote:
Skins announce he was "shook up" rather than concussed. Also sounds like investigation into Mario Williams wrist/injury report saga complete

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/259350564083752961
Tom Brady Tribute
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Interesting... this certainly increases the Saints' chances at winning the appeal. To be honest, they need some kind of permanent role for this. Someone other than Goodell should be reviewing the appeals, always.

Then the NFLPA shouldn't have let Goodell be the person who hears appeals in the CBA. They have no legal ground to expect this and it's in large part their own fault.

I realize they did this to try and minimize scrutiny but I wish he would have handled it himself again just to make the point that he IS the final arbitrator.

I also don't really think this helps the Saints case at all. I'm expecting everything to be rubber stamped all over again.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it stop. Please, just make it stop.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, with all the Goodell hate regarding this issue, its nice to get another eye on it. So when Tagliabue agrees with everything Goodell has administered, we can finally put this issue to rest.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Until the appeal process is complete the players involve in the #Saints bounty case can still play in NFL games.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/259353784571027457
Tom Brady Tribute
albo23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if Vilma suspension is upheld, does he get suspended 16 games from the start of the season or from the date the decision is approved?
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

albo23 wrote:
So if Vilma suspension is upheld, does he get suspended 16 games from the start of the season or from the date the decision is approved?

I would assume from when the decision is approved. Had he been healthy, he could have been playing in all of these games. The old suspension was kicked back so not in effect over that entire time frame. I also assume the NFL wouldn't want to cut him a break on this after all of the kicking and screaming.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we still uphold the Will Smith suspension? Please?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

There will be none...and we can finally all get on with our lives. I just want this story to be in the past.
Ha. We should be so lucky.

The rabble rousers will be out in full force either way: If Tagliabue upholds Goodell's ruling, then people will complain that it was collusion/Tagliabue was acting as Goodell's lackey. If he is more lenient on the players, then people will use it as evidence to further undermine Goodell's credibility.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

I thought they put something in the CBA about that, but I guess they were just arguing to put it in and it was never put in.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I thought they put something in the CBA about that, but I guess they were just arguing to put it in and it was never put in.

They were willing to leave it that way, presumably in trade for other concessions of some sort they got and are now trying to use the legal system and public opinion so they can have their cake and eat it too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: