Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to Let Go (page 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Don't like Bray. Reminds me of Ryan Leaf.

BUt you like Zach Dysert who is 4-6 in the MAC10 and doesn't put up huge numbers? He reminds of Big Ben how? A tall QB who plays for Miami. Zach Dysert will probably go undrafted or in the 6th or 7th round.

TYler Bray has big time potential, hes just a bit immature and should really stay in school where in 2014 he'd be a top 10 pick. If he comes out early we could get him on day 2 and he would be a steal.

I like this draft alot. It would at least make things exciting again but were still going to be far from a powerhouse even with a great offseason like this.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
green24 wrote:

BUt you like Zach Dysert who is 4-6 in the MAC10 and doesn't put up huge numbers? He reminds of Big Ben how? A tall QB who plays for Miami. Zach Dysert will probably go undrafted or in the 6th or 7th round.

TYler Bray has big time potential, hes just a bit immature and should really stay in school where in 2014 he'd be a top 10 pick. If he comes out early we could get him on day 2 and he would be a steal.

I like this draft alot. It would at least make things exciting again but were still going to be far from a powerhouse even with a great offseason like this.

I'm just not a big fan of QBs with attitude problems. Leaf, Jeff George, Ryan Mallett, etc.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
green24 wrote:

I'm just not a big fan of QBs with attitude problems. Leaf, Jeff George, Ryan Mallett, etc.

Dont get me wrong, I definitely understand where your coming from, and IM not trying to dis Dysert either, becauase frankly, anyone is better than Mark Sanchez at this point.

Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to freak out if we get Dysert. No. No. No. I hate that guy. Bray's upside is unreal. He doesn't even have attitude problems. Most of the worries are that he gets into trouble. Don't get him confused with a thug, he's more of a dumba** lol just does stupid things when he's drunk. Bray reminds me of Phillips Rivers/Jay Culter. I'd die if we got him.

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
I'm going to freak out if we get Dysert. No. No. No. I hate that guy. Bray's upside is unreal. He doesn't even have attitude problems. Most of the worries are that he gets into trouble. Don't get him confused with a thug, he's more of a dumba** lol just does stupid things when he's drunk. Bray reminds me of Phillips Rivers/Jay Culter. I'd die if we got him.

Yeah thats what it sounds like. Im not immature but I threw my share of beer bottles at moving things. I have a feeling Bray is going to shoot up draft boards, although...who really would take him? IM still praying we clean house and trade down our top 10 pick twice to reload up on some young talent. We wont, but I hope for it every year lol. Bray could be awesome here and finally give us a passing offense we havent had since the 80s. It really is so sad lol.

quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Holmes. He earns double digit millionaire by masturbating at home.

Not a bad mock.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
green24 wrote:

First of all Tyler Bray is 100% not Ryan Leaf ... Ryan Leaf was all about the glamour and didnt care about the game as much as he did the fame. Leaf may have had a strong arm but he never had the ability to read fast defenses. In fact if you go back and look at his schedule in the pac 10 the only time he struggled was against good defenses notre dame, nebraska, ucla. The Pac 10 was not a good conference btw. My point though is that quarterbacks that dont have the work ethic and love for the game wont be successful and leaf didnt... but Bray i can tell does. I dont get it, so you think he has an attitude problem.... yet every almost every player and his coach call him the perfect leader, a leader that has led this team since his freshmen year. What makes you think that Bray has attitude problems... the guy is a competitor thats what we want and need.

On the other hand,

Sanchez... cant lead, he sulks at himself, blames players with his poor body language but yet he cant confront them, does not have a strong arm or an accurate arm unless he uses the right fundamentals, two offensive coordinators and 0 improvement. Play him out the rest of the year but its most likely over. Bray will come out in 2013 mainly because i think hunter will come out as well. Also due to the fact that Tennessee cant even win a game in the SEC. 3 years is enough and hes ready for the nfl. He is the only guy that has the ability to become an elite quarterback.. i think tyler wilson possesses some ability as well but his offensive line is terrible this year and hes been getting sacked like 6 times a game. Im not sure if i would want to take a chance on a quarterback thats losing confidence and getting rattled for a whole season. Either or, Bray is the guy.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have issues with our offense in this mock. I don't like the idea of drafting a QB in the 2nd round (the Dolphins have shown this philosophy just doesn't work.) I think we're best bringing in a vet in the off season. Someone to take Sanchez' job...someone to compete. I'm not sure who's available, but I'm sure someone of Jason Campbell's caliber is.

RB and WR spots, while not bad, are still questionable...I like Jennings as a pass catcher and verstaile back, but as far as running the ball idk if he's proven anything to me in Jacksonville yet. I don't know the WR you picked, but if we're letting Holmes go (which I agree with) I think WR needs to be a priority in the draft or FA. I'm not so spotty at these selections at RB & WR though as I am about drafting a QB not in the first round. I do like that you at least acknowledged WR in the first few rounds..

Also, quick question...with MJDs contract issue, is there a chance Jacksonville retains Jennings as insurance.

EDIT: I also I don't see OG a priority as that much of a priority if we've brought in a FA. For whatever reason, and I may be in the minority here, I think Vlad/Slauson can handle the RG position on their own.

I think you're stretching yourself a bit thin with this mock in trying to fix everything...but in reality we're not talented enough to have everything fixed in one off season. In that sense, maybe I'm being overly critical.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft Zac Dysert I'll dig myself in a whole and will stay there for a week.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray has Peyton Manning buzz about him at Tennessee. He'd give us a huge talent at QB. When's the last time we had buzz about a QB?

Jason Campbell won't do jack shhh here. We might as well get a rookie here and have him sit a year and get a chance halfway through the year once Sanchez throws more pick 6s than TDs.

I've seen Vlad get raped in the pass game he can't start for us. Slauson ain't much better we really need new Guards.

Seriously Woody Johnson is dumb he doesn't need Tebow to sell tickets, any QB with potential will sell tickets. Fans got excited about Sanchez when we drafted him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bray is getting that kind of buzz then he won't go in the 2nd round. We'd have to trade up to the 1st or pick him in the first. If we're going to go QB in the 2nd round, I think we need to bring in a better offensive mind than Tony Sparano and his gang of bumbling idiots.

idk I see the issues in the pass protection being more players failing to pick up their assignments or schematic than anything...which is all mental and whoever our crappy OL coach is fault. Besides if Vlad was at RG, would we really need him to be a monster pass protector as much as we'd want him to be a run blocking mauler? I know he's not one yet, but he's still pretty good at run blocking from what I've seen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
If Bray is getting that kind of buzz then he won't go in the 2nd round. We'd have to trade up to the 1st or pick him in the first. If we're going to go QB in the 2nd round, I think we need to bring in a better offensive mind than Tony Sparano and his gang of bumbling idiots.

idk I see the issues in the pass protection being more players failing to pick up their assignments or schematic than anything...which is all mental and whoever our crappy OL coach is fault. Besides if Vlad was at RG, would we really need him to be a monster pass protector as much as we'd want him to be a run blocking mauler? I know he's not one yet, but he's still pretty good at run blocking from what I've seen.

Bray will be a first rounder if he comes out this year.. if he waits and has a good year then he might go top 10.

Bray is the one guy i want. If he doesnt come out, we wait one more year and get by with veteran.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why people like Bray. Watch this video. He has absolutely zero accuracy. He is tall and has a pretty strong arm too bad he can't hit his men consistently. I wouldn't mind using a 3rd or a 4th as sort of a gamble but he isn't a 2nd rounder and definitely not a first.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the win my planned mock has to change, was going to clean house but a win and some people get to live another day. Rex is still on the hot seat and Ray Horton is coming in strong. However my draft has changed.

Yeremiah Bell
Mike DeVito
Nick Folk

Shonn Greene
Dustin Keller
Laron Landry
Robert Malone

Aaron Maybin
Brandon Moore
Chaz Schilens
Matt Slauson
Bryan Thomas
Patrick Turner

Cuts
Bart Scott
Calvin Pace
John Conner
Joe McKnight
Jason Smith
Eric Smith
Santonio Holmes
Clyde Gates
Tim Tebow

Free Agents
Rashad Jennings
Anthony Spencer
Antoine Caldwell
Lawrence Jackson
Marcus Dixon

Trades
Kyle Wilson to Tampa Bay Bucs for 4th round pick
-He has little value, TB needs another CB after getting rid of Talib and Wilson could fit nicely.

Draft
Round 1- Damontre Moore OLB, Texas A&M
-We have to get pressure from 1 on 1 matchups and on the outside. Moore is unblockable at times and even rushes from DT in 4-3 sets. Good fit for Rex if he wants to keep drafting versatile guys and more importantly he's probably the #2 pass rusher behind Jones. Instant boost to the defense. Regardless is we have the 1st pick or 10th pick Damontre Moore is #1 on my board because of Jarvis Jones' spinal stenosis. However, if Moore is taken I run up to the podium and take Jones the better player and better fit. It's just that Moore is a better investment.

Round 2- Tyler Bray QB, Tennessee
-Tall, big arm. I think his "issues" are a little overplayed he puts up big games and plays in the SEC so I like his experience. I see people compare him to a guy like Cutler with big arm and attitude but I think he can be better. Reminds me a lot of Rivers and Cutler and the Jets really need a QB like that. We can't sit around and wait for a clean QB like Luck or Ryan since they come about every 3 years. The 2nd round value is great and at the same time we can still play Sanchez.

Round 3- Ryan Swope WR, Texas A&M
-Da'Rick Rogers has issues and he will most likely go higher anyway. Swope doesn't have #1 potential but he will be a reliable guy who can run after the catch. We don't have a reliable WR who can move the chains.

Round 4- Omoregie Uzzi OG, Georgia Tech
-Jackson will probably go higher so I change the player. OG might be one of the biggest needs on the team. Slauson splits with Vlad we really need an overhaul here and need some run blocking. Can probably step right in at Right Guard. Is a physical run blocker in a run first offense. Perfect.

Round 4 (via Tampa Bay Bucs)- Stedman Bailey WR, West Virginia
-How do you help QBs? Give them weapons. Whether it's giving Sanchez one last hoorah or surrounding Bray with talent, we need to load up on WRs. I like Bailey better than Austin because his size translates better. He's not as explosive but he's still damn explosive and could be a great playmaker. Gives us Kerley in the slot, Hill the big time WR if he develops, Swope the reliable #2 and Bailey for big plays. Also insurance incase Hill can't catch.

Round 5- Kenjon Barner RB, Oregon
-Finally a speed back to add a big play dimension. Can catch balls too. Could be a huge piece to the offense like Leon Washington was.

Round 6- Michael Williams TE, Alabama
-It's almost like having a 6th OL with Williams out there. He's also a huge target and if Cumberland doesn't work out I really like him as a #2 option. Even if he doesn't contribute in the pass game he can really block.

Round 7- Mister Cobble NT, Kentucky
-Hilarious name, and need insurance guys if Ellis can't hack it.

UDFA
Braden Wilson FB, Kansas State

Depth Chart
QB- Tyler Bray, Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy
RB- Rashad Jennings, Bilal Powell, Kenjon Barner
FB- Lex Hilliard, Braden Wilson
WR- Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley
TE- Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, Michael Williams
LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG- Antoine Caldwell, Vlad Ducasse
C- Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff
RG- Matt Slauson/Omoregie Uzzi
RT- Austin Howard
WR-Ryan Swope, Stedman Bailey, Jordan White

DE- Quinton Coples, Mike DeVito
NT- Sione Pouha, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison
DE- Mohammed Wilkerson, Marcus Dixon
OLB- Damontre Moore, Garrett McIntyre, Ricky Sapp
ILB- David Harris, Nick Bellore
ILB- DeMario Davis, Josh Mauga, Marcus Dowtin
OLB- Anthony Spencer, Lawrence Jackson
CB- Darrelle Revis, Ellis Lankster
S- LaRon Landry, Antonio Allen
S- Yeremiah Bell, Josh Bush
CB- Antonio Cromartie, Isiah Trufant, Donnie Fletcher

LS- Tanner Purdum
K- Nick Folk
P- Robert Malone
KR- Barner

If you guys think some picks are unrealistic I can change some. But looking at other posters' mocks and draft sites I don't think anyone is too unreasonable.

Can't cut Sanchez with that contract, just let him help Bray and insurance for rookie woes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I don't get why people like Bray. Watch this video. He has absolutely zero accuracy. He is tall and has a pretty strong arm too bad he can't hit his men consistently. I wouldn't mind using a 3rd or a 4th as sort of a gamble but he isn't a 2nd rounder and definitely not a first.
In that video, Florida got away with murder on Tennessee's WRs. Holy crow, every single time. No wonder why Bray's timing was off. It was more-so timing than accuracy. I'd like you to tell me what QB you would like us to draft, if any.

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: