Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to Let Go (page 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5868
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good, but I'd still prefer to go WR in the first two rounds...my only real gripe. Someone to pair with Stephen Hill & Jeremy Kerley who can make a difference.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Karmaloop


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 31192
Location: Queens, NY
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
It's good, but I'd still prefer to go WR in the first two rounds...my only real gripe. Someone to pair with Stephen Hill & Jeremy Kerley who can make a difference.
This. Gotta give Sanchez a formidable weapon if Holmes is being cut.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
It's good, but I'd still prefer to go WR in the first two rounds...my only real gripe. Someone to pair with Stephen Hill & Jeremy Kerley who can make a difference.
This. Gotta give Sanchez a formidable weapon if Holmes is being cut.

Yeah. I would like a vet to be brought in. Hill, Kerley, a vet, Schilens, and Swope would be a very formidable group.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5868
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
It's good, but I'd still prefer to go WR in the first two rounds...my only real gripe. Someone to pair with Stephen Hill & Jeremy Kerley who can make a difference.
This. Gotta give Sanchez a formidable weapon if Holmes is being cut.

Yeah. I would like a vet to be brought in. Hill, Kerley, a vet, Schilens, and Swope would be a very formidable group.
I don't even like the idea of a vet tbh because it seems like Sanchez struggles with getting the ball to vets. I'd prefer a young, reliable hands type of guy. Someone who's not walking into training camp with the thought that he's better than the guy throwing him the ball...even if he is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32729
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Harris is garbage.


You're right.

And to those wanting a WR early. Unless it's A.J. Green he's not going to have a huge impact right away. We can't hit every need. I'd much rather get a reliable guy in the mid rounds. Swope runs good routes that's what we need.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
Harris is garbage.


You're right.

Laughing

Wow. Totally missed that comment. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32729
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think OL is more important than WR, but we could definitely land a good WR in the 2nd and I wouldn't complain if we went OLB, WR, RB.

A good OL and RB will do more for Sanchez IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8729
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I think OL is more important than WR, but we could definitely land a good WR in the 2nd and I wouldn't complain if we went OLB, WR, RB.

A good OL and RB will do more for Sanchez IMO.


I agree. Sanchez can get it done with younger guys that dont cry about getting the ball. However, the only way this kid will ever be the game manager we want and which seems to be his ceiling is if we have a great offensive line and running game like in 2009
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5868
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With how much criticism Tanny's gotten this year about the lack of weapons Sanchez has, I think it's all but certain he'll get another weapon in the passing game, especially if Holmes is cut.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8729
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
With how much criticism Tanny's gotten this year about the lack of weapons Sanchez has, I think it's all but certain he'll get another weapon in the passing game, especially if Holmes is cut.


Sanchez could have Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson and still wouldnt be a top 10 QB.

Get a legitimate RB and build that offensive line as one of the best units in the league and well have an offense. I think with a running game and better offensive line Sanchez could be more effective than Alex Smith. Sanchez can win you a game in the 4Q whereas Smith can't. Either way though, the kid has to take a paycut. He can't be making top 10 money while essentially being a game manager. I am all for him staying and building around him as long as its the running game first and he takes a paycut. Otherwise, get me a guy whose 6'5 that can do what were asking Sanchez to do an an 8th of the price.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32729
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez to Keller PA. That's what this offense is missing. Mark can spin it and with PA and the run game and bootlegs he can be great.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21457
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but I do have concerns over the overall lack of talent on offense with how this offseason goes.

I'd keep Holmes... he's a clown but a productive player, and the Jets really don't save a whole lot of room by letting him go this offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32729
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this game you can't tell me there is a better offseason out there for us. Unless we land a good RB for 2nd.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
After this game you can't tell me there is a better offseason out there for us. Unless we land a good RB for 2nd.


One in which we sign Fred Davis could be better. He might come cheap, now that he is out for the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IvyLeague


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 1085
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't understand the Mingo hype. He's still extremely raw. I have no idea how some people see him as a Top 3-5 pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group