Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to Let Go (page 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
lol @ the Kyle Wilson defense in this thread...

receiver against Wilson is jammed at the line of scrimmage
SOMEHOW has an affect on the throw from the QB 25 yards down field

Rolling Eyes
Tell me how Lankster is better then we'll talk.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why anyone wants to draft any of the garbage QBs in this year's draft with any of the first 3 picks.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray, Jones, and Glennon are all pretty good IMO. I don't really like the top 2 or 3, but I like the second tier guys actually.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Rex and Tanny are both gone, Mark will be the QB.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Unless Rex and Tanny are both gone, Mark will be the QB.

WINNAR.

I just want to hold off until Rex and Sparano are gone to draft a QB anyway. I don't want either of those guys anywhere near our new QB.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have defended Mark on here all too much, to be honest this current regime has done him a great disservice. Now today I read how they wanteds Josh Freeman instead and that Rex made the ultimate decision. We'll the Bucs decided to put talent around him and that is why he has excelled in his 4th year. They have drafted players and brought in players to help.

We have drafted only defensive players since rex has been here. All three drafts top picks were on the D's Side.

So Mark has been void of an offensive mind to help him grow and has been handcuffed to not make throws that result in turnovers. That is why you see so many check down's and short completions.

You need to bring in an Offensive minded coach, someone to help mold him into a QB. He has the physical tools, he needs playmakers around him. http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2009msanchez.php
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Rolling Eyes
He looked lost in the last game, but i'll take my chances with Lankster in the slot over Wilson...idk what the metrics are for Lankster in the slot, but I remember Wilson (even last year) was giving up 60-65% of passes in the slot.

Plus Wilson has more value than Lankster. If we can get value and take a small downgrade (or none at all -- again, I don't know Lankster's metrics in the slot) for a pick I can live with that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Rolling Eyes
He looked lost in the last game, but i'll take my chances with Lankster in the slot over Wilson...idk what the metrics are for Lankster in the slot, but I remember Wilson (even last year) was giving up 60-65% of passes in the slot.

Plus Wilson has more value than Lankster. If we can get value and take a small downgrade (or none at all -- again, I don't know Lankster's metrics in the slot) for a pick I can live with that.
When Lankster plays the slot, the QB rating against him is 99.6.

When Wilson plays the slot, the QB rating against him is 48.6(2012), 59.5(2010) and 87.7(2011) was his down year. Average for his career is 65.3.

Success rate in Wilson's career in the slot is 55.3 so I'm not sure it's as bad as you say despite his down year last year.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Rolling Eyes

When Wilson plays the slot, the QB rating against him is 48.6(2012), 59.5(2010) and 87.7(2011) was his down year. Average for his career is 65.3.

Success rate in Wilson's career in the slot is 55.3 so I'm not sure it's as bad as you say despite his down year last year.
Interesting. I didn't know Lankster was so bad.

Is he just getting thrown on a lot or what? On eye test alone he looks much better than that QB rating indicates.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Is he just getting thrown on a lot or what? On eye test alone he looks much better than that QB rating indicates.
It's because you are seeing him in limited action. I am also a victim of this but I'm starting to be less biased and observe without anger when I watch the Jets play so I can analyze their players better. When thrown at, Lankster has made some plays but has also been lost quite a few times. He's also small so it's hard for him to have success on anyone who is physical and tall. Don't get me wrong he can be a pretty good dime CB, but in no way shape or form should we rely on him to be our slot CB on a game to game basic. Wilson has been a lot better than people think. We've been spoiled at the CB position. A lot of teams have been a lot less fortunate for us. Don't forget Kyle Wilson is player extremely well with a horrible pass rush. It's difficult for any CB to have success with such a horrible pass rush.

Jamison.'s Gallery
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It's because you are seeing him in limited action. I am also a victim of this but I'm starting to be less biased and observe without anger when I watch the Jets play so I can analyze their players better. When thrown at, Lankster has made some plays but has also been lost quite a few times. He's also small so it's hard for him to have success on anyone who is physical and tall. Don't get me wrong he can be a pretty good dime CB, but in no way shape or form should we rely on him to be our slot CB on a game to game basic. Wilson has been a lot better than people think. We've been spoiled at the CB position. A lot of teams have been a lot less fortunate for us. Don't forget Kyle Wilson is player extremely well with a horrible pass rush. It's difficult for any CB to have success with such a horrible pass rush.

I was at the jets game the other day, trust me lankster is horrendous. He couldnt cover welker if his life depended on it. If trufant was available he would have been there. On a good salary i would take wilson any day of the week in the slot. We just need a pass rush.
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:

It was like people bashing Cro. He is playing better this year but it isn't a revolutionary change. He just had Revis next to him the past few years. Same thing is happening to Wilson.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

It was like people bashing Cro. He is playing better this year but it isn't a revolutionary change. He just had Revis next to him the past few years. Same thing is happening to Wilson.
Exactly.

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson is better than Lankster but honestly who gives a $#!t we have much bigger problems than our back up CBs. Thats an area of strength compaired to other positions on this team.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Don't bother anymore, it's the same argument vs the same argument.

Once they said that I gave up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: