Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to Let Go (page 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Just want to say, Vontaze Davis is not a great CB at all...

I don't like trading Wilson for a 4th. He is more valuable to the Jets than he would be if we wanted to trade him. I just don't understand why you would want to trade someone who is cheap, has been a product of the Jets. He's been a great character guy on the team. He's stepped in and done a pretty good job for the hardest coach you can play for as far as cornerbacks go. If nothing else, is great depth. Why ruin in?

Aside from that. I really like this mock draft. Tyler Bray would be a great pick and he reminds me a lot of Culter. Definitely like the way you're going with this mock. Good job. Just not really a fan of Spencer. Love the McFadden trade. Think that gamble could be a huge payoff.

Someone still wants Burfict lol. I almost made that mistake myself and had to fix it.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

I don't like trading Wilson for a 4th. He is more valuable to the Jets than he would be if we wanted to trade him. I just don't understand why you would want to trade someone who is cheap, has been a product of the Jets. He's been a great character guy on the team. He's stepped in and done a pretty good job for the hardest coach you can play for as far as cornerbacks go. If nothing else, is great depth. Why ruin in?

Aside from that. I really like this mock draft. Tyler Bray would be a great pick and he reminds me a lot of Culter. Definitely like the way you're going with this mock. Good job. Just not really a fan of Spencer. Love the McFadden trade. Think that gamble could be a huge payoff.

Someone still wants Burfict lol. I almost made that mistake myself and had to fix it.
My boy lol. I remember when we all wanted him in the 1st Round.

Jamison.'s Gallery
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

To be fair, he has been playing like first round talent. Obviously you don't take him there but I am still pissed we didn't use a 6th or a 7th on him. He is a classic flyer, low risk, high reward type. I still remember people saying that he would be waste of a draft pick Rolling Eyes
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

To be fair, he has been playing like first round talent. Obviously you don't take him there but I am still pissed we didn't use a 6th or a 7th on him. He is a classic flyer, low risk, high reward type. I still remember people saying that he would be waste of a draft pick Rolling Eyes
I'm with yah.

Jamison.'s Gallery
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

I'm with yah.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
I'm looking forward to see your new changes.

BTW, are you going to name a time where I put words in your mouth? Or was that just another way to contradict yourself?

I will try to find it from last week.

EDIT: The whole pass rusher debate was ridiculous. You told me who I wanted, took my words as Jones was the best pass rusher in the draft, explained my thought process to me etc. And you have yet to answer my question as well.
This is your question?

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
And answer this question for me. If Sanchez threw a pass that was batted at the line then caught by one of our RBs and run for a TD does that mean Sanchez had a good throw?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
And answer this question for me. If Sanchez threw a pass that was batted at the line then caught by one of our RBs and run for a TD does that mean Sanchez had a good throw?
I don't know anyone who would say that is a "good" throw. Maybe unfortunate he had it batted down.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I don't know anyone who would say that is a "good" throw. Maybe unfortunate he had it batted down.

Then I don't know how Wilson getting burnt and the WR dropping it is good coverage.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Then I don't know how Wilson getting burnt and the WR dropping it is good coverage.

Because one is an isolated incident. If Wilson is "constantly" getting burnt as you put it, eventually the numbers would back that up. And he must be doing something right if the QBs are constantly over throwing him; maybe Wilson is good at cutting down angles for the quarterback to throw to. That is a common technique used (even by Revis), the receiver may have a step on him but the window to throw it to is much smaller and harder to throw at.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Because one is an isolated incident. If Wilson is "constantly" getting burnt as you put it, eventually the numbers would back that up. And he must be doing something right if the QBs are constantly over throwing him; maybe Wilson is good at cutting down angles for the quarterback to throw to. That is a common technique used (even by Revis), the receiver may have a step on him but the window to throw it to is much smaller and harder to throw at.
Exactly.

You don't know if Wilson got a good jam at the LOS, hindering the WRs route, or his position. I don't know how you can overlook that. Obviously the incident is isolated, like teamorange said.

Jamison.'s Gallery
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my biggest problems in the NFL are the camera angles. You never see a receiver developing a route because they focus on where the ball is. I am not a videographer or a director or a producer but there has to be a better camera angle than the ones we get today in the NFL that provides a better view of the field
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for attempting to make a solid argument. Unfortunately you were wrong.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ the Kyle Wilson defense in this thread...

receiver against Wilson is jammed at the line of scrimmage
SOMEHOW has an affect on the throw from the QB 25 yards down field

Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: