Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to Let Go (page 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put it simply this team is a joke. I don't need to go into why we need changes but here we go folks.

Rex Ryan FIRED
Mike Pettine GONE
Tony Sparano GONE
Mike Tannenbaum FIRED

How do we replace so many guys??

Let's have a round of applause for the new Head Coach of the New York Jets RAY HORTON.
Quote:
“I am here to say right now the first call is going to be a blitz,” Horton said. “No question about it.”
That was the message delivered by Horton, who signed a three-year contract as the replacement for the fired Bill Davis. He talked about pressure, about coming fast, about aggressiveness. He said he wanted, when the game was over, teams to “know they played the Arizona Cardinals.”
Horton's mentor was Steeler's DC - LeBeau. One of the best parts about Horton is we have a 3-4 installed. Former Steelers have nothing but great things to say. He has won a Superbowl as a player and coach. He has the Cards at the #8 defense right now. There may be concerns that he only has one year of DC under his belt, but that hasn't stopped coaches before.

On offense we have someone who we could have used a few years earlier. Hue Jackson has a great track record with offenses so I am very excited. Right now I believe he is just an assistant coach so he can be lured away. He definitely didn't get a fair shake in Oakland and the Jets will be very happy to have him on board.

One of the hottest names in the NFL is Jim Tomsula and the Jets need to snatch him up before someone else does. Pettine seems like he was an awful DC. He is 1-0 in his career as interim head coach! He has turned everyone on that SF DL into animals and the run defense has had a nice boost since he has become the coach. I don't know much else about him but I do know that 49ers fans speak highly of him.

Pat Moriarty has been a part of the Ravens since 1994 and is the team's vice president of football operations. The Ravens have had a good front office for at least the past decade. Supposedly is a good negotiator too. My internet is crappy now so I cant find anything else on him. There was an NFL.com article with him in there as the upcoming names for GM. Will try to find more.

Yeremiah Bell
Mike DeVito
Nick Folk

Shonn Greene
Dustin Keller
Laron Landry
Robert Malone

Aaron Maybin
Brandon Moore
Chaz Schilens
Matt Slauson
Bryan Thomas
Patrick Turner

Cuts
Bart Scott
Calvin Pace
John Conner
Jason Smith
Eric Smith
Santonio Holmes
Clyde Gates
Tim Tebow

Free Agents
Anthony Spencer
Antoine Caldwell
Lawrence Jackson
Marcus Dixon

Trades

Kyle Wilson to Tampa Bay Bucs for 4th round pick
-He has little value, TB needs another CB after getting rid of Talib and Wilson could fit nicely in the Tampa 2. While Lankster isn't better(happy?) I think he can improve and be a solid player. Wilson is useless blitzing and Lankster can blitz from the slot, something we haven't had. Worst case scenario we draft a mid round guy or grab a vet to replace him and lose nothing.

Jets 2013 3rd round pick and 2013 5th round pick to Oakland Raiders for Darren McFadden.
-His value is all time low and Hue Jackson scoops him up. A fairer trade may be Kyle Wilson and a pick but I will keep it as is. McFadden has been one of the worst backs this season and has an injury history. The Jets scoop him up and try to rejuvenate his career under Jackson where he had his best numbers. Whoever is throwing the ball can rely on him for big plays on the ground and in the air. I know Braylon and Jenkins didn't help us in the long run but at age 25 McFadden could give us 5+ years.

Picks

Draft
TRADE the Jets trade out of the top 10 to the teens to pick up an extra 2nd round pick

Round 1- Tyler Bray QB, Tennessee
-The Jets need a franchise QB. Bray has that chance so you take him in the 1st round. For the haters I would much rather have Joe Flacco someone big with an arm and potential than Mark Sanchez or any of the sub elite prospects in this draft. Bray has sky high potential and can sit a year behind Mark or whatever vet takes snaps. He had a lot of buzz coming into Tennessee and a year of coaching could get him to mature and get over the hump. Character isn't a big concern.

Round 2- DeAndre Hopkins WR, Clemson
-We have to build around whatever QB we have. Hill is nice I think he eventually gets in a few years. It took Demaryius Thomas a while and now he looks great. Hopkins will be a burner for the Jets who desperately need big plays from any position. Has solid size too, isn't one of those one-dimensional 5'10 180 pound guys. Could be a legit WR in the league.

Round 2- Tank Carradine OLB, Florida State
-If QB wasn't so important in this league and we weren't in shambles, OLB would easily be my favorite for Round 1. But we have to do something to this offense. The trade back helps us land a decent prospect. Tank has blossomed taking over for the injured Brandon Jenkins and has been playing better than Montgomery and Mingo. He may not be the same athlete but he's been great at getting after the QB.

Round 4- Omoregie Uzzi OG, Georgia Tech
-Jackson will probably go higher so I change the player. OG might be one of the biggest needs on the team. Slauson splits with Vlad we really need an overhaul here and need some run blocking. Can probably step right in at Right Guard. Is a physical run blocker in a run first offense. Perfect.

Round 4 (via Tampa Bay Bucs)- Stedman Bailey WR, West Virginia
-How do you help QBs? Give them weapons. Whether it's giving Sanchez one last hoorah or surrounding Bray with talent, we need to load up on WRs. I like Bailey better than Austin because his size translates better. He's not as explosive but he's still damn explosive and could be a great playmaker. Gives us Kerley in the slot, Hill and Hopkins the big time WRs if they develop and Bailey another big play threat. It will be so nice having speed. Also insurance incase Hill can't catch. You may ask why draft two similar WRs, but I think both are good enough where they can start and not be strictly a deep threat or slot guy. Load up on weapons is the main priority, BPA.

Round 6- Michael Williams TE, Alabama
-It's almost like having a 6th OL with Williams out there. He's also a huge target and if Cumberland doesn't work out I really like him as a #2 option. Even if he doesn't contribute in the pass game he can really block.

Round 7- Mister Cobble NT, Kentucky
-Hilarious name, and need insurance guys if Ellis can't hack it.

UDFA
Braden Wilson FB, Kansas State

Depth Chart
QB- Tyler Bray, Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy
RB- Darren McFadden, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight
FB- Lex Hilliard, Braden Wilson
WR- Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley
TE- Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, Michael Williams
LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG- Antoine Caldwell, Vlad Ducasse
C- Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff
RG- Matt Slauson/Omoregie Uzzi
RT- Austin Howard
WR-DeAndre Hopkins, Stedman Bailey, Jordan White

DE- Quinton Coples, Mike DeVito
NT- Sione Pouha, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison
DE- Mohammed Wilkerson, Marcus Dixon
OLB- Tank Carradine, Garrett McIntyre, Ricky Sapp
ILB- David Harris, Nick Bellore
ILB- DeMario Davis, Josh Mauga, Marcus Dowtin
OLB- Anthony Spencer, Lawrence Jackson
CB- Darrelle Revis, Ellis Lankster
S- LaRon Landry, Antonio Allen
S- Yeremiah Bell, Josh Bush
CB- Antonio Cromartie, Isiah Trufant, Donnie Fletcher

LS- Tanner Purdum
K- Nick Folk
P- Robert Malone
KR- McKnight

I don't like McKnight but we need a KR and he isn't bad as depth. Antonio Allen and Josh Bush should definitely see increased time. NT is scary. Pouha is old and hurt, Ellis hasn't shown enough consistently although I really like him, Harrison doesn't get to play. That could hurt if we don't have good NT play. Maybe DeVito can play NT so Mo and Coples play more. I like the new weapons on offense, only thing is Guard play may hurt. Going into the future we may only be looking at FS and OG as glaring needs. OLB is still a question mark but Carradine has potential and Sapp is supposed to be a contributor. Having younger vets like Spencer and Jackson is much better than Pace and Thomas at least. Tried making it realistic but it's hard this far away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I F'n love that staff you put together. New attitude without losing the defensive mindset I like.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, i think the staff is really good. Im really tempted to use the same exact staff in my mock lol. One thing though, idk why everyone is so high on Tyler Bray, he really isnt that good. Sign Vick or Alex Smith, and draft a QB in a year or two.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I F'n love that staff you put together. New attitude without losing the defensive mindset I like.

+1 would be too good to happen.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
I'm looking forward to see your new changes.

BTW, are you going to name a time where I put words in your mouth? Or was that just another way to contradict yourself?

I will try to find it from last week.

EDIT: The whole pass rusher debate was ridiculous. You told me who I wanted, took my words as Jones was the best pass rusher in the draft, explained my thought process to me etc. And you have yet to answer my question as well.
What was your question?

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
And answer this question for me. If Sanchez threw a pass that was batted at the line then caught by one of our RBs and run for a TD does that mean Sanchez had a good throw?

And I realize the coaching staff is a bit of a pipe dream, especially Jackson. But no reason he wouldn't be OC somewhere again. Tomsula will probably be DC any year, and Horton HC any year so those two aren't so bad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
I'm looking forward to see your new changes.

BTW, are you going to name a time where I put words in your mouth? Or was that just another way to contradict yourself?

Lankster > Wilson

did you watch the game last night? Lankster is god awful. He looked like a mentally retarded kid on the field that was just walking around clueless. i hope all you realize now that Wilson and Lankster are not the solution.

Cut them both.
Wilson is better though

Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig this a lot. No complaints. Good staff, good trades, good FA signings, good draft.

Realistic also...but idk if Woody puts this type of staff together. I don't think he's that smart. Does Horton have any connection to the Jackson/DC selected? I'd imagine he'd want to bring in guys he's worked with before.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can get more value for Wilson and I don't like the Bray pick. The rest is solid.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
I dig this a lot. No complaints. Good staff, good trades, good FA signings, good draft.

Realistic also...but idk if Woody puts this type of staff together. I don't think he's that smart. Does Horton have any connection to the Jackson/DC selected? I'd imagine he'd want to bring in guys he's worked with before.

Yes that is another thing, but I have no idea who Horton's guys are so I'm going with the hot names.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I think we can get more value for Wilson and I don't like the Bray pick. The rest is solid.

No we cannot. Wilson has very little value. Vontae Davis, who is a great corner, went for a 2nd. Wilson isn't even good let alone great. I would be very happy with a 4th for WIlson, considering at this point we could probably draft another corner whose better.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Davis isn't a great CB and the Dolphins fleeced the Colts.

I do agree we shouldn't get more than a 4th for Wilson though.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could even do Wilson and a pick for McFadden.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
green24 wrote:

No we cannot. Wilson has very little value. Vontae Davis, who is a great corner, went for a 2nd. Wilson isn't even good let alone great. I would be very happy with a 4th for WIlson, considering at this point we could probably draft another corner whose better.

Vontae is not good, but that trade is not really the norm. Considering where he was drafted, I think we could probably get a late third for Wilson.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say, Vontaze Davis is not a great CB at all...

I don't like trading Wilson for a 4th. He is more valuable to the Jets than he would be if we wanted to trade him. I just don't understand why you would want to trade someone who is cheap, has been a product of the Jets. He's been a great character guy on the team. He's stepped in and done a pretty good job for the hardest coach you can play for as far as cornerbacks go. If nothing else, is great depth. Why ruin in?

Aside from that. I really like this mock draft. Tyler Bray would be a great pick and he reminds me a lot of Culter. Definitely like the way you're going with this mock. Good job. Just not really a fan of Spencer. Love the McFadden trade. Think that gamble could be a huge payoff.

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: