Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to Let Go (page 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Wilson have given up 120 YAC.

Lankster has given up 82. Don't forget Lankster have been on the field half the time Wilson has and has been targeted half as many times as well.

About the bolded, you can say that for anything. The fact of the matter is, Wilson has only given up 4 30+ yard catches in his career, whether you want to admit it or not.

Where are you getting these from? I can never find good CB stats without paying
PFF, you gotta pay 27 a month.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Don't forget all the penalties he's committed when looking at stats.

Lankster is also a better blitzer, which makes him more valuable in the slot as well.

Lankster got off to a rough start and I didn't like him but he's seemed to have adjusted. Wilson isn't bad but when he gets beat he gets beat BAD and he's been fortunate on bad throws and drops.

I'd personally rather have a skill position on offense than a 3rd CB who isn't much better than the 4th CB.
Wilson has given up 4 plays over 30 yards his entire career.... 1 catch over 40 yards... hmmmmm

Lankster has given up 1 catch for over 30 yards, he's been targeted only 27 times his entire career. Wilson has been targeted 154 times his entire career. Not matching up brah.

It's not worth it. I have tried to explain to colt but he has no interest in looking at what is actually there, only his own warped perception. You are just wasting your time
It's all good. His ignorance won't hinder the facts I'm putting out. Even if Wilson doesn't look "good" compared to Lankster, facts prove that Wilson has been better. There is just no two ways around it. Facts are facts and Wilson has got it done when it matters whether you like it or not.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never once said Lankster is better. I said Wilson is expendable and I'd rather have another skill player on offense than Wilson who isn't much better than Lankster.

Lately you seem to have an agenda against me and put words into my mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And answer this question for me. If Sanchez threw a pass that was batted at the line then caught by one of our RBs and run for a TD does that mean Sanchez had a good throw?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
And answer this question for me. If Sanchez threw a pass that was batted at the line then caught by one of our RBs and run for a TD does that mean Sanchez had a good throw?

If Tebow threw that pass it would be the play of the year.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I've never once said Lankster is better. I said Wilson is expendable and I'd rather have another skill player on offense than Wilson who isn't much better than Lankster.

Lately you seem to have an agenda against me and put words into my mouth.
-Actually you said Lankster was better on the last page. Laughing
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
We don't need him when Ellis Lankster is better.

-Why should he be expendable when he's cheap and can step in and and play well? Why do we have to trade Wilson in order to take another skill player on offense? That doesn't make any sense other than you drafting one with the pick you had us get in return for Wilson, who says you have to pick the skill player there? Laughing

-Please name one time where I have ever put words in your mouth. I have never done it.

Jamison.'s Gallery
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets say you guys re-sign Dustin Keller and can tag & trade Landry. How much would LaRon Landry cost in a trade? Would you guys be interested in Titus Young? What kind of picks would have to be included to make a fair trade involving Titus Young and LaRon Landry?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Jamison.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Lets say you guys re-sign Dustin Keller and can tag & trade Landry. How much would LaRon Landry cost in a trade? Would you guys be interested in Titus Young? What kind of picks would have to be included to make a fair trade involving Titus Young and LaRon Landry?
We don't need Titus Young. He's just another small receiver that isn't very good & doesn't always show up. I believe we aren't allowed to tag Landry either because of a clause they agreed to in his contract.

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

LaRon has a claus in his contract that doesn't allow us to tag him so thats not going to happen.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft a lot, especially Moore, Swope, Bailey, Williams, Uzzi, and Barner.

I'm not that big a Bray fan but I've only seen him play about three times.

I think Swope and Bailey could both be starters. They both can do soemthing Hill has never shown he could, catch the ball.

Barner could be the 3rd down bak we've been looking sine Leon. I'm not sold on Jennings but I think Barner would help Greene immensely.

I also like getting a 4th for Wilson. I doubt we miss him. The stats might not show him being that bad but I think he's the weak link in the secondary and I would love to get Bailey for him. Of course this is assuming Revis comes back.

I'm also not a big Landry fan and Bell is old so I think I would go for a safety in the 7th. I just wish we would play Allen and Bush s'more
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get back from Black Friday shopping and/or shooting myself in the face I will post my updated mock with yummy changes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to see your new changes.

BTW, are you going to name a time where I put words in your mouth? Or was that just another way to contradict yourself?

Jamison.'s Gallery
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:

BTW, are you going to name a time where I put words in your mouth? Or was that just another way to contradict yourself?

Lankster > Wilson
RDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

Lankster > Wilson

did you watch the game last night? Lankster is god awful. He looked like a mentally retarded kid on the field that was just walking around clueless. i hope all you realize now that Wilson and Lankster are not the solution.

Cut them both.
Wilson is better though
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:

I will try to find it from last week.

EDIT: The whole pass rusher debate was ridiculous. You told me who I wanted, took my words as Jones was the best pass rusher in the draft, explained my thought process to me etc. And you have yet to answer my question as well.

Last edited by jetsfan4life51 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: