Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to Let Go (page 7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this draft was our draft..... i would be estatic. If Bray comes out, he will be a first round pick i can guarantee it so maybe we trade up into the early second or something idk. Barner is to late as well. I could see him going no later than the 3rd.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our top 2 picks don't address our most glaring needs RB/WR

I know you have Jennings in FA but idk. We do lose a lot of our LB this offseason or at least we should. Even if we get a QB he is going to have no weapons. I think we need to load up this year and QB next year. I know people like to let rookies learn but skill players are much more of a need than a QB at the moment imo
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Our top 2 picks don't address our most glaring needs RB/WR

I know you have Jennings in FA but idk. We do lose a lot of our LB this offseason or at least we should. Even if we get a QB he is going to have no weapons. I think we need to load up this year and QB next year. I know people like to let rookies learn but skill players are much more of a need than a QB at the moment imo

Hill this year, then 2 WRs in the next draft. Both have skillsets that the team needs. Then adding Barner the speed back and pass catcher.

QBs take a few years. Bray sits a year then takes over when we can cut Sanchez.

We cannot ignore OLB again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hate your FA signings. Terrible. No sense of trading Wilson for a 4th. He's good depth and actually plays much better than we all give him credit for around here. We're spoiled at the CB position. Might as well let him walk after his rookie contract and get a comp pick for him. Right now he's cheap, and can start for us. No sense of getting rid of him for a mid round pick. Don't trade away young talent.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Still hate your FA signings. Terrible. No sense of trading Wilson for a 4th. He's good depth and actually plays much better than we all give him credit for around here. We're spoiled at the CB position. Might as well let him walk after his rookie contract and get a comp pick for him. Right now he's cheap, and can start for us. No sense of getting rid of him for a mid round pick. Don't trade away young talent.

We don't need him when Ellis Lankster is better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

You don't know that. We've only seen a small sample of Lankster. You may think he's played better, bet he actually is a little worse. And that is with less action. If Lankster was in Wilson's position, he would get lit up.

Wilson vs Lankster metrics:

Wilson: 52.8 Completion %; 12.7 YPC AVG; 1 INT; 2PD; 78.8 QB Rating Given Up 2 TDs
Lankster: 55.6 Completion %; 12.9 YPC AVG; 1 INT; 2PD; 87.4 QB Rating; Given Up 2 TDs(on half as many targets)

Yeah Lankster is better Rolling Eyes

Jamison.'s Gallery
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

You don't know that. We've only seen a small sample of Lankster. You may think he's played better, bet he actually is a little worse. And that is with less action. If Lankster was in Wilson's position, he would get lit up.

Wilson: 52.8 Completion %; 12.7 YPC AVG; 1 INT; 2PD; 78.8 QB Rating Given Up 2 TDs
Lankster: 55.6 Completion %; 12.9 YPC AVG; 1 INT; 2PD; 87.4 QB Rating; Given Up 2 TDs(on half as many targets)

Eye test tells me a lot of QBs overthrow when throwing towards Wilson's way. Wilson should have been burned, and this isn't an exaggeration, a dozen more times since taking over the starting job. He's been beat A LOT and gotten insanely lucky.

idc what stats say, Kyle Wilson is trash imo. If he looks better...shows some on-ball skills...I'll say otherwise. Until then, I like Lankster more. Esp. since (this ones for all you stat lovers out there) Lankster's played MILES better in the slot than Wilson has in the previous few years. Considering he's our nickel corner for the forseeable future...gimme Lankster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

Eye test tells me a lot of QBs overthrow when throwing towards Wilson's way. Wilson should have been burned, and this isn't an exaggeration, a dozen more times since taking over the starting job. He's been beat A LOT and gotten insanely lucky.

idc what stats say, Kyle Wilson is trash imo. If he looks better...shows some on-ball skills...I'll say otherwise. Until then, I like Lankster more. Esp. since (this ones for all you stat lovers out there) Lankster's played MILES better in the slot than Wilson has in the previous few years. Considering he's our nickel corner for the forseeable future...gimme Lankster
Uhm stats are stats. Not saying that is the only thing I look at, but it means something. Cornerback is one of the hardest positions to play in the NFL. I think it's the 2nd hardest position. Wilson has been under appreciated. Wilson has little help at all on the outside while Lank has a lot of help underneath.

These are Wilson's stats while playing slot the past two years.

Targets: 101
Completion %: 57.7
YPC AVG: 12.5
INT: 2
PD: 9
TD Allowed: 4
QB Rating: 85.5

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget all the penalties he's committed when looking at stats.

Lankster is also a better blitzer, which makes him more valuable in the slot as well.

Lankster got off to a rough start and I didn't like him but he's seemed to have adjusted. Wilson isn't bad but when he gets beat he gets beat BAD and he's been fortunate on bad throws and drops.

I'd personally rather have a skill position on offense than a 3rd CB who isn't much better than the 4th CB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are looking at top 8-15 right now.

Probably out of the Damontre Moore sweepstakes and in the Mingo/Montgomery area. IDK if I trust those two.

Will likely have to fix my mock due to draft position. If we beat the Pats then I will definitely have to switch it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Lankster is also a better blitzer, which makes him more valuable in the slot as well.

Lankster got off to a rough start and I didn't like him but he's seemed to have adjusted. Wilson isn't bad but when he gets beat he gets beat BAD and he's been fortunate on bad throws and drops.

I'd personally rather have a skill position on offense than a 3rd CB who isn't much better than the 4th CB.
Wilson has given up 4 plays over 30 yards his entire career.... 1 catch over 40 yards... hmmmmm

Lankster has given up 1 catch for over 30 yards, he's been targeted only 27 times his entire career. Wilson has been targeted 154 times his entire career. Not matching up brah.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Wilson has given up 4 plays over 30 yards his entire career.... 1 catch over 40 yards... hmmmmm

Lankster has given up 1 catch for over 30 yards, he's been targeted only 27 times his entire career. Wilson has been targeted 154 times his entire career. Not matching up brah.

Do you have any YAC stats? And look at the bold.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

It's not worth it. I have tried to explain to colt but he has no interest in looking at what is actually there, only his own warped perception. You are just wasting your time
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Do you have any YAC stats? And look at the bold.
Wilson have given up 120 YAC.

Lankster has given up 82. Don't forget Lankster have been on the field half the time Wilson has and has been targeted half as many times as well.

About the bolded, you can say that for anything. The fact of the matter is, Wilson has only given up 4 30+ yard catches in his career, whether you want to admit it or not.

Jamison.'s Gallery
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Wilson have given up 120 YAC.

Lankster has given up 82. Don't forget Lankster have been on the field half the time Wilson has and has been targeted half as many times as well.

About the bolded, you can say that for anything. The fact of the matter is, Wilson has only given up 4 30+ yard catches in his career, whether you want to admit it or not.

Where are you getting these from? I can never find good CB stats without paying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: