Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to Let Go (page 7)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Time to Let Go (page 7) Reply with quote

Rex and Tanny and Woody will be a trio for one last season. And here's the offseason that can save them. We have a potentially favorable schedule so it's hard to predict our final record. I originally had us picking at 10 but I will drop it to 15 for an 8-8 record.

Jets FA to be
Yeremiah Bell
Mike DeVito
Nick Folk

Shonn Greene
Dustin Keller
Laron Landry
Robert Malone

Aaron Maybin
Brandon Moore
Chaz Schilens
Matt Slauson

Bryan Thomas
Patrick Turner

If Landry stays healthy I see him signing an extension before the offseason. Yeremiah Bell has been more than solid for us, and seems like he can tackle. Just vet insurance but I expect Allen and Bush to get lots of playing time. Mike DeVito, how the F can you not keep him? He's been one of the best guys on defense. Folk, maybe the most underrated Jet. Shonn Greene, peace buddy you haven't shown anything and we need new blood. Dustin Keller will most definitely not hit FA, he's very important to retain for Mark. LaRon Landry has been great for us as a SS/hybrid. Malone has been a good punter. Maybin blows and is a waste of a roster space ATM. The LB corps will get redone this offseason it's so important. Chaz Schilens will come cheap and he's not that bad, can block too. Slauson over Moore due to injury and age. Slauson can be RG and backup Mangold. BT I love you as a Jet but we need new LBs all over.

Cuts
Bart Scott
Calvin Pace
John Conner
Joe McKnight
Jason Smith
Eric Smith
Santonio Holmes
Clyde Gates

Scott and Pace go under the "we desperately need to revamp LBs." Joe McKnight really has no value since anyone can return kicks for us. John Conner has sucked in a full role. I don't think he has any passion or work ethic. Jason Smith is to save money, could come back for cheap. We don't need 5 safeties and Bell is better at the "Smith" role anyway. We need to get rid of Holmes if we want Sanchez to have his head on straight. He causes problems and drops balls. Sanchez has looked good without him anyway. No room for Clyde Gates.

Free Agents
Rashad Jennings
Anthony Spencer
Antoine Caldwell
Vet FB
Lawrence Jackson
Marcus Dixon

Jennings hasn't had much of a chance behind MJD, He is capable of big plays and he can catch out of the backfield. He will rotate with Powell but get the majority of carries like Greene has been getting. Spencer will takeover Pace's role as the all around LB who is solid at pass rushing and can set the edge. He will not be the answer to our sack issues. Antoine Caldwell is out of position at RG and he will move to LG for the Jets. Stick him between Brick and Nick and we will get good pass blocking. I'm sure there will be a vet FB around for camp. Jackson has been solid in the rotation for Detroit, nothing special. But it's new life for us at OLB. We bring Dixon back, we need to carry 4 DE just incase.

Draft
Round 1- Barkevious Mingo OLB, LSU
-I looked at past drafts and the top pass rushers are going outside the top 10. With Jones a top 10 lock and Montgomery there, no reason we can't land Mingo. But backup plan is DaMontre Moore. The Jets haven't had a true pass rusher in this defense since John Abraham. Maybin was just a speed guy, Mingo is an athlete.

Round 2- D.J. Fluker OL, Alabama
-I love this guy, but not as safe as Warmack and Jones. Austin Howard looks good but we need a mauling run blocker somewhere. Fluker will come in and compete at both RG and RT. Will probably beat out Slauson who will assume back OG/C role. His stock took a hit and if his pass blocking is sub par he can just maul guys inside.

Round 3- Joseph Randle RB, Oklahoma State
-Reminds me of Jamaal Charles, who was drafted in the 3rd. Will be the replacement to Leon Washington. Don't know if he has Leon's explosion out of a hole but he gives us speed in the backfield and a pass catching threat.

Round 4- Ryan Swope WR, Texas A&M
-Will hopefully be like Jerricho Cotchery, but has more potential. Actually reading about him on Walterfootball he sounds exactly like Cotchery. This is the type of guy Sanchez needs. Reliable, can get open, make plays after the catch.

Round 5- Trey Burton FB, Florida
-Kid can play any position on offense, but his lead blocking has improved. Has running and catching versatility. Could be a good weapon.

Round 6- Michael Williams TE, Alabama
-It's almost like having a 6th OL with Williams out there. He's also a huge target and if Cumberland doesn't work out I really like him as a #2 option. Even if he doesn't contribute in the pass game he can really block.

Round 7- Zac Dysert QB, Miami (Ohio)
-6'4 QB, why not.

Depth Chart
QB- Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy
RB- Rashad Jennings, Bilal Powell, Joseph Randle
FB- Josh Baker, Trey Burton
WR- Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley
TE- Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, Michael Williams
LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG- Antoine Caldwell, Vlad Ducasse
C- Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff
RG- Matt Slauson/D.J. Fluker
RT- Austin Howard
WR- Chaz Schilens, Ryan Swope, Jordan White

DE- Quinton Coples, Mike DeVito
NT- Sione Pouha, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison
DE- Mohammed Wilkerson, Marcus Dixon
OLB- Barkevious Mingo, Garrett McIntyre, Ricky Sapp
ILB- David Harris, Nick Bellore
ILB- DeMario Davis, Josh Mauga, Marcus Dowtin
OLB- Anthony Spencer, Lawrence Jackson
CB- Darrelle Revis, Ellis Lankster, Isiah Trufant
S- LaRon Landry, Antonio Allen
S- Yeremiah Bell, Josh Bush
CB- Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson

LS- Tanner Purdum
K- Nick folk
P- Robert Malone
KR- Randle

I really like what we got here. We obviously have to have things fall for us like DeMario Davis ready to fill in, Stephen Hill ready to be a star, Mingo having a pass rush impact, Howard not regressing. But I don't think these are crazy things. The secondary is great and will get better with Lankster, Bush and Allen getting playing time. Now if Mingo, Spencer, Jackson and Sapp can add some speed and pass rush ability, the defense will be completely different. Davis has really been impressing coaches and playing already so he can definitely start next year and be ok. Could be the on the field leader we need. Coples has showed promise and plays better the more snaps he gets so hopefully him and Mo turn into what we thought they will. I think Hill is going to be good for us. If Jennings can't be a horse we still have Powell, but he has little tread I like his potential as a lead guy. And then Randle could be a big play guy for us. Good speed. Swope fits in great as a future #2 with Hill #1 and Kerley slot. Caldwell will be solid and if he doesn't work out we still have Vlad and Slauson for insurance. No risk with potential. Like D.J. Fluker too. Can be a superstar or at least a run blocking super star and we need that.

I like what this could do for us and then no excuses for Sanchez. Last chance for Sanchez and Rex.

Last edited by jetsfan4life51 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

The funny thing is I was working on a mock offseason, but I had 1.D.Moore 2. D.Fluker or Warford 3. M.Gillislee 4. A.Mellette 5. B.Cotton 6. BPA 7. BPA.

I do think of J.Co when I watch Swope. I'm still trying to figure out whats going on with Mingo, but if he was to slip that far, I wouldn't be mad about taking him.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I like it.

The funny thing is I was working on a mock offseason, but I had 1.D.Moore 2. D.Fluker or Warford 3. M.Gillislee 4. A.Mellette 5. B.Cotton 6. BPA 7. BPA.

I do think of J.Co when I watch Swope. I'm still trying to figure out whats going on with Mingo, but if he was to slip that far, I wouldn't be mad about taking him.

Pending record it's D.Moore/B.Mingo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but there is no way Dysert falls to the 7th. He's being looked at as a second round prospect.

Another fullback? Shame on you
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I like it, but there is no way Dysert falls to the 7th. He's being looked at as a second round prospect.

Then insert 6'4 QB who will go 7th-UDFA. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Then insert 6'4 QB who will go 7th-UDFA. Wink

Just found a 6'4 QB who went in the 7th round in a mock draft. Sean Renfree.
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but I feel as though we are a bit thin at ILB. Also I am not too familiar with Caldwell, if he is good we will be fine at line but if he has question marks surround him we might wanna look at someone else (aging vet on his last run)
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE IT.

Love the Jennings, Spencer and especially Caldwell pickups.

Like the Mingo pick, hopefully he falls.

Fluker is a nice prospect. Warmack might fall there as well as OGs usually do.

Im not sure about any RB in this draft outside of Lattimore. Which is why I would rather offer a deal for DMC with our 3rd and a player.

Dont know much about Swope and Burton but like the positions address regardless but I really am a fan the Michael Williams pick. Hes the big blocking TE we need and he has upside as a target.

OVerall its a very good offseason and very realistic.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always like and respect your posts and really like the mock offseason.

Only thing in my opinion is that if we do get rid of Pace,Thomas,Scott,Holmes and both Eric and Jason Smith thats a whole lot of $! Im sure we could go and get a big time wide receiver and even another OLB with that cash. Depends on contracts obviously but love the draft picks. Everyone is jumping on Randle the running back and i can see why. Kids got big time home run ability and looks like he can be a #1 back who can do it all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can franchise Keller, the tag for TEs shouldn't be too bad. That just gives us an option in case we can't agree to a new deal with him.

Overall I like this mock a lot. I kinda want to bring Maybin back, because I love his work ethic and he would come back on the cheap since he hasn't done much this season. I kinda want to see how he fares with us one more year. But we do need to upgrade the LB corps.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
sandwhich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't want anymore "role" players. Get a LB that can play in every situation. Not Maybin who can play 11 snaps a game or 3 Starting LBers that have to come out on 3rd downs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
I just don't want anymore "role" players. Get a LB that can play in every situation. Not Maybin who can play 11 snaps a game or 3 Starting LBers that have to come out on 3rd downs.

Yeah I don't want to waste time with guys like that anymore. I'd rather see what Ricky Sapp can do since he's had a few years of practice.

And I don't think we are that thin at ILB. We have Bellore and Mauga, Mauga has filled in before. Davis has been really praised by Pettine. Dowtin makes his debut Sunday and I don't expect much until a few years in but if he was at Georgia he would have likely been drafted high.

xena- we don't need big free agency splashes, that has killed us in the past. We can use extra money to make sure Revis and Keller have contracts. Plus 2015 is going to be a nightmare....

David Harris
Kenrick Ellis
Sione Pouha(likely over the hill)
Antonio Cromartie
Jeremy Kerley
Bilal Powell(if he contributes)
Mo Wilkerson if he doesn't take the option
Kyle Wilson(if he warrants a roster spot)

that's a lot of guys to resign.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

Yeah I don't want to waste time with guys like that anymore. I'd rather see what Ricky Sapp can do since he's had a few years of practice.

And I don't think we are that thin at ILB. We have Bellore and Mauga, Mauga has filled in before. Davis has been really praised by Pettine. Dowtin makes his debut Sunday and I don't expect much until a few years in but if he was at Georgia he would have likely been drafted high.

xena- we don't need big free agency splashes, that has killed us in the past. We can use extra money to make sure Revis and Keller have contracts. Plus 2015 is going to be a nightmare....

David Harris
Kenrick Ellis
Antonio Cromartie
Jeremy Kerley

I don't think it will be that bad. I would only resign Wilks, Cro, Ellis, and Kerley. I would be mad if we resign Wilson and Harris. Both these guys need to go. Wilson will never be a true starter in the league and Harris is garbage.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you hit on all the needs, OLB, OG, RB, and TE so I'm fine with that. Speed is the need.

Props to Mack on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

David Harris
Kenrick Ellis
Antonio Cromartie
Jeremy Kerley

The salary cap should be much higher by then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: