Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lake Dawson, Vice President of Player Personnel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Lake Dawson, Vice President of Player Personnel Reply with quote

What can you guys tell me about Lake Dawson? What are your opinions? Do you think he is a legitimate GM candidate?

http://www.titansonline.com/team/staff/lake-dawson/99cc086b-f283-4a3b-8b4a-94ebe5ab20c8

Based on his bio, it looks like he is very involved in alot of the day-to-day operations of the team.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
THE_TITAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I would definitely think he is GM material.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE_TITAN wrote:
Yes I would definitely think he is GM material.

Lake, is that you??

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let the lack of response be the final answer... but it's also a hint of things. I don't live in the Nashville area, but I'm a loyal fan, who sneaks the 104.5 sports talk streams at work whenever possible...

And I really can't tell you one way or another. He may be awesome at what he does, but with Reinfeldt and now Webster getting all the attention in the FO... Dawson's name is hardly ever mentioned.

I think the same was true of Reinfeldt when he was in Seattle. Whispers that he was good... but he just wasn't at the forefront of what they did up there (mostly contract negotiations and salary cap management). That turned pretty well for us, and he's now promoted even higher within the organization, although he may be more focused on non-football ops now (with likely heavy pull when he wants to insert himself on certain football ops issues).

It seems Dawson is well respected within the organization, and his heavy background in scouting and personnel look to favor a smooth transition into the GM role... although he may need another step or additional seasoning between where he's at now and a GM role... something where he's more integral in the contract and financials/cap side of things...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they moved Reinhart up to President, Ruston Webster up to GM and Lake Dawson up to VP of player personel to keep him in Tennessee. He interviewed with the Rams GM job shortly before they made the move.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: