Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

True Gameaday Thread: Rams vs. Brett Favre's old team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 6?
Sam Bradford- 26/39, 315 yards, 1 Rush TD
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Jo-Lunn Dunbar: 5 tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 FF
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Brandon Gibson: 7 rec, 91 yards
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Chris Long: 2 tackles, 1 Sack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7887
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple things:
- Bradford is pretty darn good. Hopefully you guys invest in some lineman and pass catchers because he could be elite IMO.
- My buddy who is a Dolphins fan wanted Chris Givens because he thought he would develop into a Greg Jennings type player, right now, I'd say he isn't far off, he is going to be damn good.
- That D-line is nasty, and its set for a few years. Lang might be our best lineman this year and Brockers made a snack out of him a few times.
- No doubt you guys are on the up swing and will be real good sooner rather than later. Best of luck and health the rest of the way!
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45963
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-running-game-goes-nowhere-fast-n27a1l5-175180181.html
Quote:
Center Jeff Saturday struggled at times blocking for the run, including twice against rookie defensive tackle Michael Brockers. He said an apt comparison for Brockers would be as a cross between former Jacksonville stalwarts John Henderson and Marcus Stroud.

"Strong, big kid and physical," Saturday said. "He's going to be a very good player. I told him that after the game."


Jeff Saturday was very impressed with Brockers.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17072
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-running-game-goes-nowhere-fast-n27a1l5-175180181.html
Quote:
Center Jeff Saturday struggled at times blocking for the run, including twice against rookie defensive tackle Michael Brockers. He said an apt comparison for Brockers would be as a cross between former Jacksonville stalwarts John Henderson and Marcus Stroud.

"Strong, big kid and physical," Saturday said. "He's going to be a very good player. I told him that after the game."


Jeff Saturday was very impressed with Brockers.
I can see why. Saturday got ate alive yesterday. He was horrible.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6556
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week against the patriots and next week against the 9ers will truly show how much brockers has impoved our run defense imo.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3752
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-running-game-goes-nowhere-fast-n27a1l5-175180181.html
Quote:
Center Jeff Saturday struggled at times blocking for the run, including twice against rookie defensive tackle Michael Brockers. He said an apt comparison for Brockers would be as a cross between former Jacksonville stalwarts John Henderson and Marcus Stroud.

"Strong, big kid and physical," Saturday said. "He's going to be a very good player. I told him that after the game."


Jeff Saturday was very impressed with Brockers.


I remember when Matt Birk made a similar comment about Adam Carriker. He said he was the strongest Dlineman in the league. Im glad Brockers is looking good regardless.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41906
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Couple things:
- Bradford is pretty darn good. Hopefully you guys invest in some lineman and pass catchers because he could be elite IMO.
- My buddy who is a Dolphins fan wanted Chris Givens because he thought he would develop into a Greg Jennings type player, right now, I'd say he isn't far off, he is going to be damn good.
- That D-line is nasty, and its set for a few years. Lang might be our best lineman this year and Brockers made a snack out of him a few times.
- No doubt you guys are on the up swing and will be real good sooner rather than later. Best of luck and health the rest of the way!


Thanks man.. I can't believe how easy Rodgers made it look. The separation was shocking.

Brockers is one of those kids whose Country Strong.
Doesn't look like Quinn but you can tell he has strength.
Only 21 lol ridiculous.
_________________


BBL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41906
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amendola practiced today on a limited basis.
_________________


BBL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9303
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Amendola practiced today on a limited basis.


He should be back after the bye, just like Saffold and Wells.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41906
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Amendola practiced today on a limited basis.


He should be back after the bye, just like Saffold and Wells.


Reloading time..

Do any of you think we trade Sjax? and If we do!
I hope it's to a contender.
_________________


BBL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7685
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
RamRod wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Amendola practiced today on a limited basis.


He should be back after the bye, just like Saffold and Wells.


Reloading time..

Do any of you think we trade Sjax? and If we do!
I hope it's to a contender.
I think they are trying, but the problem is finding who needs a RB, who hasnt noticed how bad he has been this year, and finding more compensation than a 2015 7th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rAmFan39


Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 956
Location: Japan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as it would kill me to see him go if he does I would hope he went to the Packers or Patriots and could get himself a ring. He really deserves one. I love Sjax, but it looks like we are going in a different direction.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7685
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that GB is the only team likely to be looking for a RB right now. The Pats have a bunch of useful RBs, Im sure they would take SJ if we were giving him away, but they dont need him. There's an off chance that the Steelers could be looking, but also unlikely.

If there were competition for who needed him and he was playing alright, then I would say maybe we can squeeze a late 4th rounder out of him. But with just the Packers looking, its unlikely we could get anything more than their late 5th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13093
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Code:
[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/kiltguyofscots/sigs/cfb.jpg[/IMG]


hi guys....
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6556
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
RamRod wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Amendola practiced today on a limited basis.


He should be back after the bye, just like Saffold and Wells.


Reloading time..

Do any of you think we trade Sjax? and If we do!
I hope it's to a contender.
I think they are trying, but the problem is finding who needs a RB, who hasnt noticed how bad he has been this year, and finding more compensation than a 2015 7th.


His only 'bad' games have been against the lions and seahawks. Ones a top ten defense, one our line was getting tore up. Oh and the bears. Dont need to say anything about that.

In his other games hes averaging 6.4, 4.2, 4.8 ad 4.3 YPC. I understand hes old and we are most likely moving in a different direction (and its the right thing to do) but please, lets stop being over dramatic.

Edit- (he also had two tds called back by holding penalties/replacement refs.)
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7685
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can throw up his YPC all you want, but when you actually watch the games he does not look good. He hasnt all year.

He is missing holes and doesnt always have the same burst to get to the ones he does see.

You can not look at any game this year and say he looked good. You are just lying to yourself if you do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group