Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gamble to IR and now Beason to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
^ That would do little more than create huge dead cap space next year.

Yeah I figured, It's all only hypothetical anyway unless something drastic happens I don't see those three going away next season.

Wouldnt mind all them people leaving expect for smitty. Rather see him retire as a panther.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

Yeah I figured, It's all only hypothetical anyway unless something drastic happens I don't see those three going away next season.

Wouldnt mind all them people leaving expect for smitty. Rather see him retire as a panther.

smitty deserves to play for a winner though. we have to move one of the backs. all that money tied up in one position is just ridiculous. especially when you refuse to use them properly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

smitty deserves to play for a winner though. we have to move one of the backs. all that money tied up in one position is just ridiculous. especially when you refuse to use them properly

As I said this offseason, its probably time to cut Williams after this year.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
yeh this is starting to sound like a lost season. putting our namers on IR if this is indeed true. pretty sad. beason hasn't been himself but gamble was our only decent secondary player. guess we should start scouting cb's, safeties and dts for next years draft.

We need everything everywhere, except QB.

I would not be opposed to trading Stew, Williams, Smitty, and maybe even other vets for some extra picks, also freeing up a huge chunk of cap space and just start to rebuild once the season is over.

Thank goodness we have Cam.

Also I am excited to see Gettis come off of PUP and see if he can finally get things going.

You don't really get true value when trading older players except a huge whole to fix and dead cap money

Thanks CK
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
yeh this is starting to sound like a lost season. putting our namers on IR if this is indeed true. pretty sad. beason hasn't been himself but gamble was our only decent secondary player. guess we should start scouting cb's, safeties and dts for next years draft.

I would not be opposed to trading Stew, Williams, Smitty, and maybe even other vets for some extra picks, also freeing up a huge chunk of cap space and just start to rebuild once the season is over.

Also I am excited to see Gettis come off of PUP and see if he can finally get things going.

You don't really get true value when trading older players except a huge whole to fix and dead cap money

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we trade someone their contract goes with them, and it's only if we cut said player do that we still have to pay out any guaranteed money.

But I have been wrong before...

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we trade someone their contract goes with them, and it's only if we cut said player do that we still have to pay out any guaranteed money.

But I have been wrong before...

signing bonus goes to our cap that year other team takes salary and gives you low pick if any

Thanks CK
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@billvoth: News about Gamble and even Beason could be forthcoming today, so could be a “memorable” day down here. #Panthers

Thanks CK
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9
CB Chris Gamble will move to IR. team waiting on Beason (knee)

Thanks CK
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time to shut them down. season is over and we're playing for draft picks now unless we go on a winning binge. shut beason down and give our young wr's and kuechly as much playing time as possible

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly if i'm JR it's probably time for gamble to go to. he's our best secondary player but that's not saying much. he had 13 ints in his first two years. 14 since. beason should return to form next year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
honestly if i'm JR it's probably time for gamble to go to. he's our best secondary player but that's not saying much. he had 13 ints in his first two years. 14 since. beason should return to form next year

You can't judge a corner based on INT. Gamble quietly goes about his business and is a key part of the D.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:

Gamble is our 2nd best player on defense right now. With how many people already want us to draft a corner high, it makes zero sense to "move on" from him.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the last time he made a big play. Having a stay at home defensemen is nice but we need a two way guy to use a hockey reference. Maybe he could move to FS and break on the ball from center field.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
I can't remember the last time he made a big play. Having a stay at home defensemen is nice but we need a two way guy to use a hockey reference. Maybe he could move to FS and break on the ball from center field.

Great players at several positions don't make "big plays". Corner can be one of those positions. He's locked down great receivers over the past few years. He's a top 12 corner in the NFL, there is no need to change anything with him. Just get him healthy and back on the field, thats 1/11 that you don't have to worry about.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
Great players at several positions don't make "big plays". Corner can be one of those positions. He's locked down great receivers over the past few years. He's a top 12 corner in the NFL, there is no need to change anything with him. Just get him healthy and back on the field, thats 1/11 that you don't have to worry about.
Can't remember which game it was now. But I distinctly remember him getting an excellent tip on a sure-thing TD down the sideline. Might have been the Saints. Don't remember. He's been playing great this year. Definitely do not want to cut ties with him.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: