Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns Prospects Spot Light :: Jarvis Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the Werner cat fight from page 3 goes...

I will say this, watching every single FSU game since I was little, he's been one of our better pass rushers. He will go in the top 10 and teams see that because of his potential and the fact that he has only played football for 5 years. He wasn't born into the game, he wasn't recruited as a sophomore in high school, he didn't live and breathe the game in junior high like most of these other kids.

I won't say he will be as good as Mario Williams, hell I thought Kam was going to be great for us. Werner WILL be better than Wimbley, and if a team who drafts them has a very good defensive minded coach to help him out, I think he will be very good in this league. But taking him as is, with no help to guide him along will be a waste.

I'm not sure it makes him top 10 worthy, but teams don't draft based on NFL ready, they draft based on potential and Bjoern definitely has that.

As far as him disappearing in big games goes: 3.5 sacks vs Florida isn't exactly what you call "Not showing up" vs bigtime opponents. Last year vs Oklahoma he had a really good game too. When Jenkins went down in game 1 this year it was pretty easy for teams to double up on Werner and focus solely on him. That's why Carradine had such a good year.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

I will say this, watching every single FSU game since I was little, he's been one of our better pass rushers. He will go in the top 10 and teams see that because of his potential and the fact that he has only played football for 5 years. He wasn't born into the game, he wasn't recruited as a sophomore in high school, he didn't live and breathe the game in junior high like most of these other kids.

I won't say he will be as good as Mario Williams, hell I thought Kam was going to be great for us. Werner WILL be better than Wimbley, and if a team who drafts them has a very good defensive minded coach to help him out, I think he will be very good in this league. But taking him as is, with no help to guide him along will be a waste.

I'm not sure it makes him top 10 worthy, but teams don't draft based on NFL ready, they draft based on potential and Bjoern definitely has that.

As far as him disappearing in big games goes: 3.5 sacks vs Florida isn't exactly what you call "Not showing up" vs bigtime opponents. Last year vs Oklahoma he had a really good game too. When Jenkins went down in game 1 this year it was pretty easy for teams to double up on Werner and focus solely on him. That's why Carradine had such a good year.

Thanks for the insight

I had started watching him closely ever since DS had a raging boner for him in Mock # 123,209

Wink

J/K DS

We love your analysis

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

That accounts for over 75% of his total against quality opponets. He has a career 4.5 sacks against non D2 and garbage teams.

Jamison on the sig
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

That accounts for over 75% of his total against quality opponets. He has a career 4.5 sacks against non D2 and garbage teams.

I find it interesting that you discount stats when it comes to the players whose nuts you are on (Jordan) and then when stats back up a point about a player you dislike (Werner) you find it easy to throw them out there.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

I find it interesting that you discount stats when it comes to the players whose nuts you are on (Jordan) and then when stats back up a point about a player you dislike (Werner) you find it easy to throw them out there.

answer=mancrush

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

There is a reason Dion didn't have many sacks. He rushed the passer about 50% less than Moore, Werner, Mingo or any of the other top guys. That is a very big and very good reason to not be worried about him only having 10.5 tfl and 5.0 sacks. If those were his numbers and he was rushing the passer 90% of the time I would be greatly concerned.

With Werner its not like he was getting a bunch of sacks against unranked teams like NC State, UNC, Miami or the Virginia Techs of the world. He was padding his stats against Savahana State and Murray State. That is very disconcerning.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my biggest gripe on Werner has nothing to do with stats. He jogs more on the field than any defender I have watched in this class.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

There is a reason Dion didn't have many sacks. He rushed the passer about 50% less than Moore, Werner, Mingo or any of the other top guys. That is a very big and very good reason to not be worried about him only having 10.5 tfl and 5.0 sacks. If those were his numbers and he was rushing the passer 90% of the time I would be greatly concerned.

With Werner its not like he was getting a bunch of sacks against unranked teams like NC State, UNC, Miami or the Virginia Techs of the world. He was padding his stats against Savahana State and Murray State. That is very disconcerning.

He wasn't getting the sacks because carridine was as the were chipping in his direction. It's kinda hard to sack a guy when teammate already has him.

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Its his fault FSU plays garbage teams?

K dude.

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
And my biggest gripe on Werner has nothing to do with stats. He jogs more on the field than any defender I have watched in this class.

So you've watched all his game tape and all comparables?

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Kam hates any pass rusher not named jordan as it interfears with his manlove.

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I have watched over double digit games the last 2 years. After 4-5 games it becomes a trend no matter how you try to cut it.

Apparently you don't know how to read or you choose what you want to read because if you look at the bold I clearly said everyone I HAVE watched. Unlike the majority of this board I admitt it is humanly impossible to watch every prospect. I don't know anything about 95% of more of the prospects in this class so I don't talk about them. I spent a good 2 years time watching these DEs and Werner simply doesn't go 100% very often.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Kam hates any pass rusher not named jordan as it interfears with his manlove.

You clearly don't know anything about me then. Three of my favorite pass rushers decided to return to school, so sue me. Damontre Moore would be on the top of my list because he has just as much talent as Dion just a different skill set. After those two I haven't seen a DE perform like a T0- 10 pick period.

You're grasping at straws looking for anyway to troll me because you don't have any intellegent arguement to defend your favorites outside of a stat sheet and media rankings.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Werner has phenomenal upside when going 100% I agree. Wink

buno67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its like we got a kiper mcshay fight going on lol

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: