Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns Prospects Spot Light :: Jarvis Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not supporting either of the two in this cat fight, but werner looks like completely average to me.

but lets get back to Jones who has looked average in lots of play time too. Great athlete sure, but doesnt play full games and his much of his technique is below average.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

but lets get back to Jones who has looked average in lots of play time too. Great athlete sure, but doesnt play full games and his much of his technique is below average.

He sure put up great numbers for a guy who doesn't play hard or with good technique.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

He sure put up great numbers for a guy who doesn't play hard or with good technique.

put the stat sheet aside and watch him...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Ok McShay. Laughing Laughing

I guess all those folks who voted him the SEC DPOTY and view him as a top 5 pick didn't watch him play either huh?

Okey dokey.

Laughing

I'll let you get back to the film room so you can break down some more games. Laughing

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Laughing Laughing

I guess all those folks who voted him the SEC DPOTY and view him as a top 5 pick didn't watch him play either huh?

Okey dokey.

Laughing

I'll let you get back to the film room so you can break down some more games. Laughing

You keep saying stuff like this as if the media is always right in janurary and college award winners are always great players in the NFL. Rolling Eyes

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Okey dokey.

Laughing

Wow, who peed in your cheerios tonight?

I gave my opinion, based on not only what I've read but also what I've seen from watching him play.

If you dont like it then that is your deal, not mine.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Okey dokey.

Laughing

Wow, who peed in your cheerios tonight?

I gave my opinion, based on not only what I've read but also what I've seen from watching him play.

If you dont like it then that is your deal, not mine.

You gave your opinion, I gave mine.

You then attempted to discredit my opinion with the good old "put down the stat sheet" line and you expect a cordial, pleasant response?

Are you new here?

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da'Quan Bowers was once a top 5 prospect with a stout stat sheet to back it up. During the 2011 draft, his name was #1 on Kiper's "Best Available" list from pick 3 or 4 until the time he was actually selected (51st).

Pass rushers are always in high demand, but any number of things can spook teams on a prospect. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones fall because of medical concerns or Werner fall because of athleticism concerns.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Da'Quan Bowers was once a top 5 prospect with a stout stat sheet to back it up. During the 2011 draft, his name was #1 on Kiper's "Best Available" list from pick 3 or 4 until the time he was actually selected (51st).

Pass rushers are always in high demand, but any number of things can spook teams on a prospect. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones fall because of medical concerns or Werner fall because of athleticism concerns.

Falling because of injury concerns, like Bowers, is completely different than a guy being a poor player.

One advantage NFL teams have over fans is they actually get to look at the players medical history and scans/films. I'm guessing (based on the free fall into the 2nd round) that many fans would have predicted the same thing had they know the extent of the injuries, which would appear extensive.

Jones was one of, if no the most consistent and dynamic defenders in the nation.

As far as college production translating to the league, a lot of folks feel that sacks are one stat that actually does translate.

I agree that Jones's medical history will probably scare off a few teams, just like it scared off USC.

Doesn't mean the kid didn't ball out.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LETSGOBROWNIES"]

not quiet sure whats up with you tonight but in multiple threads with different posters you are acting like a complete [inappropriate/removed].

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dropkick_pride"]
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

not quiet sure whats up with you tonight but in multiple threads with different posters you are acting like a complete [inappropriate/removed].

I'm sorry you don't approve of my internet forum behavior.

It hurts me deeply.

I think yet another post pointing out your [inappropriate/removed] will most likely do the trick.

wukusimw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically Moore is the only rusher we can actually be confident in. The six spot sucks. Always miss out on the elite player. Aj Green, Eric Berry, and now probably Moore.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Kam thank you for calling Werner out the way I have felt. He put up nice #s vs garbage competition.

Same here.

Kam is typically ahead of of the game when it comes to college names. He's had a DE lost for about a year now. Also threw out Glennons name before all others on this board and the media.

And he looked grrrrrrrrreat in his bowl game. Rolling Eyes

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
bulldog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
bulldog wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Kam thank you for calling Werner out the way I have felt. He put up nice #s vs garbage competition.

Same here.

Kam is typically ahead of of the game when it comes to college names. He's had a DE lost for about a year now. Also threw out Glennons name before all others on this board and the media.

Thanks for reminding me that one game makes a career, I completely forgot.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
bulldog wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Same here.

Thanks for reminding me that one game makes a career, I completely forgot.

It sure seems that way for Te o.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: