Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonny's much to early 2013 Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
We have our 3 tech in Wolfe I think. We need a run stuffer.

Wolfe is far more than a "3 tech." He doesn't min rootin with the hogs in the 0-2, and can be effective in the 4-5.

I'm no fan of college DT's that are portrayed as "3 techs". I've seen too many fail to make an impact and usually become situational players.

Good example. A 3 tech going against our right side is going to get punched by Kuper right into Franklin. These kids are good in college, but rarely succeed against powerful NFL Guards that can punch 'em into next week.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Can anyone explain to me "balls to the wall" anyway? I have no idea what this means. If my balls were on a wall, I would be a little concerned.

My understanding is that this originated from airplanes.

The throttle levers had rounded ends ("balls"). So when pilots pushed the throttles to the maximum, the levers would hit the side of the control panel ("wall").

So "balls to the wall" came to mean to go all out, as fast as you can.

How about that...learn something everyday.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
We have our 3 tech in Wolfe I think. We need a run stuffer.

Wolfe is far more than a "3 tech." He doesn't min rootin with the hogs in the 0-2, and can be effective in the 4-5.

I'm no fan of college DT's that are portrayed as "3 techs". I've seen too many fail to make an impact and usually become situational players.

Good example. A 3 tech going against our right side is going to get punched by Kuper right into Franklin. These kids are good in college, but rarely succeed against powerful NFL Guards that can punch 'em into next week.
Yeah, but those aren't his strengths. As far as the Defensive Tackle Position, his strength is penetrating on the interior and setting the edge on the exterior.

I guess the 3-tech label was a poor choice of words.

His strength is passing rushing from the interior and when he's played the 3-tech spot, that's when he's made the biggest plays.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: