Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonny's much to early 2013 Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o is going to have to put up Willis type combine numbers in order to go top 10 otherwise he's 11-17.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I think it will take a 3rd to move up and get Te'o. The NE trade up last year was an anomaly, it nearly always takes a 3rd to move up 5 spots.

Last yrs draft was awful that's really why. Some good talent but the talent pool was very level from 10 to the 30s.
AKRNA wrote:
EMG58 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
I know Ive said this a million times and it might sound like a broken record but I dont think Teo will last past 10. Hes arguably one of the top-10 players in college football this year and his value in the NFL wont drop being hes got a ton room to grow at the position.

I agree with your valuation of his draft position. That said, I'd like to see Denver do whatever it takes to draft him. From what I've read, seen and heard, he's the best MLB prospect since Ray Lewis.

Here's a projection. Whoever ends up with him will have a top 10 defense throughout his career. Can you imagine him in the middle of our "D".

was Ray Lewis even that great of a prospect coming out? I was still young in 1996 so i dont know. But looking at the draft, Lewis wasnt even the 1st LB drafted

He was really good in college (1st team all-american two or three years?) and the top rated MLB coming out.

Wasn't he viewed as undersized coming out of the U
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
There's zero chance we trade away first round picks next year. Ain't gonna happen. Elway values the high picks far too much. I like Te'o, I don't think he'll go Top 10 though. I think people will be surprised where he ends up.

I agree with you that I dont THINK they will. They did trade up to get Ronnie Hillman this year so its not like theyve never traded up.

Difference in trading up in first than trade up in any other part of the draft. The difference is cost is huge.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Te'o is going to have to put up Willis type combine numbers in order to go top 10 otherwise he's 11-17.

Exactly. Te'o is getting far too much hype. He is very instinctual with above average athleticism and great intangibles. But, he does not possess the type of explosiveness, agility and speed that players like Lewis/Urlacher/Willis.

I see him as a Keith Bulluck/Keith Brooking level talent. Unless he has a insane combine showing, which IMO he wont, he will be a guy that falls between 15 and 25 come draft day. This draft has far more depth than last year. While I think Te'o has the ability to play positions other than 4-3 MLB, I think it would be a huge waste of his talent. His lack of versatility and the fact few teams are looking for a 4-3 MLB plus the fact that MLB's historically fall should land him lower than most expect, IMO.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be I am making a bad comparison, or I am not looking far past their American Samoan roots, but T'eo looks like Junior Seau. If he can play with that intensity and play as well as Seau did...wouldn't that be worth the Broncos moving up to get him? Wherever he falls.

The Broncos do not have too many wholes, but they do have them, and with our limited window with Manning, you gotta go balls to the wall and get these players.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone explain to me "balls to the wall" anyway? I have no idea what this means. If my balls were on a wall, I would be a little concerned.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
May be I am making a bad comparison, or I am not looking far past their American Samoan roots, but T'eo looks like Junior Seau. If he can play with that intensity and play as well as Seau did...wouldn't that be worth the Broncos moving up to get him? Wherever he falls.

The Broncos do not have too many wholes, but they do have them, and with our limited window with Manning, you gotta go balls to the wall and get these players.

They have plenty of holes. OL, WR, RB, DT, LB, S, DE

All of those need help, albeit to varying degrees.

Thanks, Tzimisce
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Can anyone explain to me "balls to the wall" anyway? I have no idea what this means. If my balls were on a wall, I would be a little concerned.

My understanding is that this originated from airplanes.

The throttle levers had rounded ends ("balls"). So when pilots pushed the throttles to the maximum, the levers would hit the side of the control panel ("wall").

So "balls to the wall" came to mean to go all out, as fast as you can.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I think it will take a 3rd to move up and get Te'o. The NE trade up last year was an anomaly, it nearly always takes a 3rd to move up 5 spots.

Last yrs draft was awful that's really why. Some good talent but the talent pool was very level from 10 to the 30s.
AKRNA wrote:
EMG58 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
I know Ive said this a million times and it might sound like a broken record but I dont think Teo will last past 10. Hes arguably one of the top-10 players in college football this year and his value in the NFL wont drop being hes got a ton room to grow at the position.

I agree with your valuation of his draft position. That said, I'd like to see Denver do whatever it takes to draft him. From what I've read, seen and heard, he's the best MLB prospect since Ray Lewis.

Here's a projection. Whoever ends up with him will have a top 10 defense throughout his career. Can you imagine him in the middle of our "D".

was Ray Lewis even that great of a prospect coming out? I was still young in 1996 so i dont know. But looking at the draft, Lewis wasnt even the 1st LB drafted

He was really good in college (1st team all-american two or three years?) and the top rated MLB coming out.

Wasn't he viewed as undersized coming out of the U
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
There's zero chance we trade away first round picks next year. Ain't gonna happen. Elway values the high picks far too much. I like Te'o, I don't think he'll go Top 10 though. I think people will be surprised where he ends up.

I agree with you that I dont THINK they will. They did trade up to get Ronnie Hillman this year so its not like theyve never traded up.

Difference in trading up in first than trade up in any other part of the draft. The difference is cost is huge.

I don't think so. If i remember the only real knocks on him were mental, the "U" thug thing.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Denver is trading UP in the draft, it better be to take Star. Unlikely, but he's the piece Denver is missing.

Still a long way away but I want Star in Oakland. Guys just oozes good things to come.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
If Denver is trading UP in the draft, it better be to take Star. Unlikely, but he's the piece Denver is missing.

Still a long way away but I want Star in Oakland. Guys just oozes good things to come.

- don't know who I like more, Star or Jonathan Hankins. I have them as 1a and 1b at DT. I really don't think you can go wrong with either. Star is just a physical freak in the Haloti Ngata/Suh mold. He'll bring more versatility than Hankins as well. Hankins is BJ Raji-esque. He is huge and explosive along the interior making him very difficult to block. Either way I think your getting a difference maker up front.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

- don't know who I like more, Star or Jonathan Hankins. I have them as 1a and 1b at DT. I really don't think you can go wrong with either. Star is just a physical freak in the Haloti Ngata/Suh mold. He'll bring more versatility than Hankins as well. Hankins is BJ Raji-esque. He is huge and explosive along the interior making him very difficult to block. Either way I think your getting a difference maker up front.

+1

I love Jonathan Hankins too germ-x. Ive actually been going back and forth with these guys too. Should be fun seeing how they both finish the season. Im leaning Hankins right now though. His strength and pure pass in the middle is fun to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get one of the top 3 DTs. Star, Hankins, or the kid from Georgia, but I doubt it will happen. I'd love Te'o but if Rolando Mcclain can go that high, so can Te'o.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
I would love to get one of the top 3 DTs. Star, Hankins, or the kid from Georgia, but I doubt it will happen. I'd love Te'o but if Rolando Mcclain can go that high, so can Te'o.

There is potential for there to be a lot of good DT's in this draft. Star, Hankins, Jonathan Jenkins (Georgia), Kwann Short, Sylvester Williams, Sheldon Richardson, Sharrif Floyd, and Jesse Williams are all in the first round mix, just off the top of my head. All these players bring a little something different. Sheldon Richardson has been playing really well looks like a disruptive 3 technique.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add, some of those DT's I don't think as highly of as many sites. I think Jon Jenkins is a 1st rounder, but I personally don't see him as a top 10 prospect. I also don't see Floyd or Williams as 1st rounders, but most have them right in the hunt.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have our 3 tech in Wolfe I think. We need a run stuffer.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: