Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Reid replacement speculation thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RollEagles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

Again, were they not better when he got there? Both in Oakland and Tampa?

Billick's arrival also coincided with Ozzie Newsome drafting 2 all pros in consecutive years, one of which Billick ran into the ground. Either way he was never the playcaller Gruden was which was the primary point of that post.

Ok obviously Gruden > Billick.

Andy Reid would have won multiple Superbowls with that Ravens team.

The point I'm making is that in general Gruden isn't all that he is made up to be. And is especially not what the Eagles need right now.

Maybe we need a coach to build a roster for 4 or 5 years. If that coach can't win the big games, then bring Gruden in and see if he can get it done.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the best course of action is to hire Tony Dungy for about 4 years, then swap him out for Gruden Laughing

#bakethecake
#applyicing

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Who could have forseen Caddilac's body would break down like a ford pinto?

Who could have forseen Aaron Sears had undocumented concussions and go insane?

Who could have guessed Chris Simms would be damn near killed on a football field?

Who could have guessed Clayton would sustain injuries and then essentially quit?

Who would have guessed Gaines Adams wasn't the "Blue Chipper" everyone and their mother proclaimed him to be?

The same excuses being made for Gruden in this post are excuses that could be made for Andy.

Who could have guessed Shawn Andrews would have terrible back problems and would go crazy?

Who would have guessed Jason Peters would have torn his ACL in summer workouts?

Who would have guessed that Jim Johnson would have passed away while still coaching?

Who would have guessed that Brandon Graham, the guy supposed to be a potential defensive rookie of the year, wouldn't have immediately been great?

Who would have guessed that 4 of 5 starting offensive lineman would have gotten injured for the Eagles in 2012?

The excuses obviously haven't cut it for Big Red and it sure as hell wouldn't cut it for Gruden.

I don't think anyone kills Reid for the Andrews or Johnson things and if they do, they are idiots. What we give Reid greif for is hiring an OL coach to be a defensive coordinator, inept gameplans, and poor drafts among other things. Graham was never the "can't miss" prospect that Adams was, he had questions about him and to make your post out like he didn't is false. I doubt no one gives him greif about the OL or the Peters thing, its the inability to curtail his playcalling because his OL got injured. Reid is and never has been willing or able to adjust.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
RollEagles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Yeah, the best course of action is to hire Tony Dungy for about 4 years, then swap him out for Gruden Laughing

#bakethecake
#applyicing

I just had a conference call with Lurie, Dungy, and Gruden.

It's on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

#bakethecake
#applyicing

Dungy likes Vick that's a horrible idea.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

#bakethecake
#applyicing

Dungy likes Vick that's a horrible idea.

But Vick will be cut right after the Super Bowl.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And Remixxxxxxx, obviously I know who those other coaches are. I think a lot of posters fail to realize the issues with Jon Gruden.

I'm not doubting that you know who they are[that never popped in my head], I said there's a difference between two of those coaches on the list[Gruden included] and the rest, do you know what it is?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
And Remixxxxxxx, obviously I know who those other coaches are. I think a lot of posters fail to realize the issues with Jon Gruden.

I'm not doubting that you know who they are[that never popped in my head], I said there's a difference between two of those coaches on the list[Gruden included] and the rest, do you know what it is?

Please enlighten us...
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing, doesn't seem to be in the market for retreads. The coaches he has hired have all been hotshot assistants on SB winning teams. If you want to get an idea of who could be the Eagles' next coach, maybe start there. Guys like Tom Clements, Winston Moss, or Perry Ferrell could be strong candidates.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Here's the thing, doesn't seem to be in the market for retreads. The coaches he has hired have all been hotshot assistants on SB winning teams. If you want to get an idea of who could be the Eagles' next coach, maybe start there. Guys like Tom Clements, Winston Moss, or Perry Ferrell could be strong candidates.

<333

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Please enlighten us...

What is the difference between Gruden and the rest?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Please enlighten us...

What is the difference between Gruden and the rest?

What that he and Tomlin were in their 30's? Laughing

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

FunkyKingston11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Chip Kelly plz.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8631595/the-success-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks-offense-more-familiar-seems

Quote:
"We spread the defense so they will declare their defensive look for the offensive linemen," Kelly explained at that same clinic. "The more offensive personnel we put in the box, the more defenders the defense will put in there, and it becomes a cluttered mess." Twenty years ago, Kelly's high school coach ran the unbalanced, two–tight end power-I, so he could execute old-school, fundamental football and run the ball down his opponent's throat. Today, Kelly spreads the defense and operates out of an up-tempo no-huddle so he can do the exact same thing.

Quote:
After Oregon rushed for more than 400 yards against Southern Cal a week earlier, the freshman quarterback shredded the Cal defense for 377 passing yards and six touchdowns. One of the game's telling throws was on a strike down the middle to dynamic sophomore tight end Colt Lyerla. With the safeties up and a play-action fake in the backfield, Lyerla simply ran by Cal's defense, and it was another reminder that there is not an inch of the field that Chip Kelly doesn't make you defend.

Quote:
Time will undoubtedly tell whether Kelly's offense can work in the NFL, but my vote is that it will. It would require Kelly finding the right players, but a Chip Kelly–coached NFL team would win for the same reasons that the Chip Kelly–coached college team wins. Behind the speed, the spread, the Daft Punk helmets, and the flashy uniforms, Oregon ultimately wins with old-fashioned, fundamental, run-it-up-the-gut football. I think everyone, even fans of the spread offense, can appreciate that.

#ChokeForChip

I want "Big Balls" Chip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nl4SKXCdps
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennison, Fangio, and Gruden are the coaches I would want personally. I want guys who at least have some sort of experience at the NFL level.

I understand all the pro Kelly guys, but I'm not sold personally on him. For every Harbaugh or Vermeil as a college guy there are 100 Steve Spurriers, Dennis Eriksons, Butch Davis', Lou Holtz's etc. Hell, prior to this season Caroll had a career NFL record of 47-49. Hiring a college coach, especially one whose offense is gimmicky is risky, and with a rebuilding team, its not a risk I want to take personally.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one thing we all need to remember when considering Gruden (or Payton) is that no coach has ever won a Superbowl with two different teams.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 53 of 99

Jump to: