Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Reid replacement speculation thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetical situations -

1. If Sean Peyton gets fired by the Saints at the end of the season cause of Bountygate, would you bring him in as HC?

2. If Jason Garrett was fired as HC of the Cowboys, would you be displeased if he was our OC (under any HC)?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
NFL Scout Dave Razzano used to have a blog and he highlighted the best head coaching candidates (in his estimation). It has since been deleted because the Colts had him shut it down but I remember some of the names.

George Stewart, WR coach, Minnesota Vikings
Sean Kugler, OL coach, Pittsburgh Steelers
Jerry Gray, DC, Tennessee Titans

Why would we want any of these guys?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

1. If Sean Peyton gets fired by the Saints at the end of the season cause of Bountygate, would you bring him in as HC?

2. If Jason Garrett was fired as HC of the Cowboys, would you be displeased if he was our OC (under any HC)?

Peyton I could live with. Garrett, hell no to that.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

No to both.

Peyton is another pass happy guy, and Garrett's playcalling leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

No to both.

Peyton is another pass happy guy, and Garrett's playcalling leaves a lot to be desired as well.

QFMFT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Lets just make a coaching staff of former assistant coaches on the Eagles.

Bill Callahan, Brad Childress, Tom Coughlin, Jeff Fisher, Leslie Frazier, Jon Gruden, John Harbaugh, - Jauron, - LeBeau, Bill Muir, Bill Musgrave, Sean Payton, Wade Phillips, Ron Rivera, Pat Shurmer, Steve Spagnuolo, Dave Toub, Mike Trgovac and Joe Vitt were all assistant coaches on the Eagles at some point or another.
bkb77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny That u brought up Chip Kelly cause I was thinking the same exact thing. That we have all of the weapons needed to make it work in the NFL.

Vick,Shady,Desean,Maclin,and an athletic o-line that Mudd likes to use is the perfect skill set to make it work in the NFL.

With that being said I don't see it happening. But I wouldn't mind bringing in Mike Leach as an OC if things don't work out in Wash st with him. Think that Spread System can translate to the NFL.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Funny That u brought up Chip Kelly cause I was thinking the same exact thing. That we have all of the weapons needed to make it work in the NFL.

Vick,Shady,Desean,Maclin,and an athletic o-line that Mudd likes to use is the perfect skill set to make it work in the NFL.

With that being said I don't see it happening. But I wouldn't mind bringing in Mike Leach as an OC if things don't work out in Wash st with him. Think that Spread System can translate to the NFL.

Mike Leach and Chip Kelly, you want to run the air raid offense? What the hell is wrong with you guys? Everyone complains about how much we toss the ball now and you dudes are bringing up Chip Kelly?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
bkb77 wrote:

Mike Leach and Chip Kelly, you want to run the air raid offense? What the hell is wrong with you guys? Everyone complains about how much we toss the ball now and you dudes are bringing up Chip Kelly?

Chip Kelly doesn't run an air-raid offense, he runs an option offense. And contrary to popular belief, Chip Kelly runs the ball a TON. Oregon has been top 6 in the nation in run offense every year he's been with the Ducks (so since 2007 when he was named their OC).
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:
Do not want Matt Sanchize. Sorry 808. Blech.
ninjapirate wrote:
Barkley is going to be garbage in the NFL, Foles will be better than him.

I know USC QB's have a bad reputation, but Barkley is going to break the mold. I can feel it.

I don't see it. Exact same mold as his predecessors.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I know USC QB's have a bad reputation, but Barkley is going to break the mold. I can feel it.

He's smarter and more experienced than Mark Sanchez. Less of a moron (I wanted to use a word that ended with -ouche but it was deleted :'( ) off the field than Matt Leinart.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
bkb77 wrote:

Chip Kelly doesn't run an air-raid offense, he runs an option offense. And contrary to popular belief, Chip Kelly runs the ball a TON. Oregon has been top 6 in the nation in run offense every year he's been with the Ducks (so since 2007 when he was named their OC).

I was referring to more of the Mike Leach reference. The only reason Oregon is one of the top running teams in the country is cause they have backs that take it to the house on every play. The option offense would not work, the Mike Leach offense would not work, it's crazy talk.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

He's smarter and more experienced than Mark Sanchez. Less of a moron (I wanted to use a word that ended with -ouche but it was deleted :'( ) off the field than Matt Leinart.

Touche?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An under the radar candidate would be Alan Williams (DC of Minnesota) - coming from the same tree as Leslie Frazier and the guy from House

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
bkb77 wrote:

I was referring to more of the Mike Leach reference. The only reason Oregon is one of the top running teams in the country is cause they have backs that take it to the house on every play. The option offense would not work, the Mike Leach offense would not work, it's crazy talk.

Idk man, it's making it's way into the league. The Patriots are running some concepts they learned form Chip. The Redskins offense is running some pistol and option stuff. Mike McCoy went full option offense with Tebow last year and they made the playoffs. Jim Harbaugh has been running the option extremely effectively whenever he puts Colin Kapernick out there. The Panthers are running an option offense with Cam Newton and his backs too, they've instituted a BUNCH of option stuff.

It's the next wave. Remember when running the ball was the key to a championship? Say hi to Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning and Drew Brees for me. I read a quote yesterday and it was "Every great truth starts as a blasphemy". People said you had to run the ball to win championships, that's been proven false. People have said you can't run an option or a spread offense in the NFL and that is crumbling down now too.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 3 of 99

Jump to: