Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Reid replacement speculation thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Lurie say 8-8 won't cut it? We have 9 losses.....Hes gone.
Meco

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
I'd want Norv and Crennel if they're canned...The problem is these guys are particular in their personnel something we don't have.

Norv big WRs for those dig routes over the middle

Crennel big stout 3-4 guys

I guess if Red stays on somehow I guess if those above weren't available I'd settle for

Rathman OC (Niners RB coach)
Robert Nunn DC (NYG DL coach)
Chris Hewitt STC (Ravens asst ST coach)

Why in the blue hell would Andy Reid leave his coaching tree and hire guys based off of reputation? He's literally got zero significant connections with Turner or Crennell. And he's shown no tendencies towards the 3-4 or Norv Turner's offensive scheme. Isn't mixing pieces together the problem that got us into this situation in the first place?

Putting together coaching staffs isn't just "Oh, I like this guy and that guy and this guy and he's pretty famous so I'll take him too and how could I forget this guy who was just fired!". That's how you get into Jim Washburn situations.

And I'll never understand the obsession with Norv Turner. Everybody says he's some great OC. Why? Because he uses big corners? They're not doing so hot lately. I'm looking at his track record and there is nothing that would suggest we should go out of our way to hire him as our OC.

And for the record, defensive line coaches don't tend to make very good defensive coordinators. Rarely do they have a competent enough understanding of how defensive backs and even linebackers work together and how the pieces fit with the defensive line. All too often their expertise is centered around their defensive line unit and their defensive line unit only. Off the top of my head I can only think of two guys who have become successful with an all DL background, Buddy Ryan and Rod Marinelli. And Marinelli has only become successful under Lovie Smith so I'm not sure how much credit you give him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicatedxx wrote:

We have had 8 Starters injured on offense alone throughout the season most of which have missed if not the entire season almost half. Seriously think about that scenario for a second in regards to another team. 8 of 11! Peters, Kelce, Vick, Desean, Herremans, Watkins, McCoy and now Celek. They have played a total of 15 Rookies this season many as their replacements. You add Garretts death and a possible 4 game win streak to end the season to go 7-9 only 1/2 games from the Division title? You bet your tail what Lurie said in his PC will be evaluated considering the circumstances. Better hope for another two/three loses to make sure I'm telling you.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 8 Rec/ 142 Yds/ 2 TD/ 17.75 YPC/

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
FleaFlicker597 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Nice quote on hiring a college coach as HC:

Quote:
A key when hiring a college coach is to hire the coach's mind, philosophy, and personality - not his scheme

Chip says he would play the I-Formation if he had the players, we'll have to wait and see.

I think you're taking this wrong. He means he would run the scheme that his players best fit, not he wants to run the Power-I. He says something like if I had guys that were good in the Power-I, I'd run that. Meaning he matches his talent with the scheme.

Which was what I said?
He's is saying he will use an "I" for the time being but his guess is that will adjust as he wants to run his system not a random "I". Just cuz you have guys to run an "I" doesn't mean you will continue to build for an "I".

People also need to know Chip doesn't run his QB as much as people think. He doesn't an a Newton system. His QB has like 500 rushing yards. Andrew Luck ran more than Chip's Darron Thomas when they both played at the same time.

I think he will still install his spread. But it will be a Redskins/Patriots mix IMO.

Sig bet
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
I'd want Norv and Crennel if they're canned...The problem is these guys are particular in their personnel something we don't have.

Norv big WRs for those dig routes over the middle

Crennel big stout 3-4 guys

I guess if Red stays on somehow I guess if those above weren't available I'd settle for

Rathman OC (Niners RB coach)
Robert Nunn DC (NYG DL coach)
Chris Hewitt STC (Ravens asst ST coach)

Why in the blue hell would Andy Reid leave his coaching tree and hire guys based off of reputation? He's literally got zero significant connections with Turner or Crennell. And he's shown no tendencies towards the 3-4 or Norv Turner's offensive scheme. Isn't mixing pieces together the problem that got us into this situation in the first place?

Putting together coaching staffs isn't just "Oh, I like this guy and that guy and this guy and he's pretty famous so I'll take him too and how could I forget this guy who was just fired!". That's how you get into Jim Washburn situations.

And I'll never understand the obsession with Norv Turner. Everybody says he's some great OC. Why? Because he uses big corners? They're not doing so hot lately. I'm looking at his track record and there is nothing that would suggest we should go out of our way to hire him as our OC.

And for the record, defensive line coaches don't tend to make very good defensive coordinators. Rarely do they have a competent enough understanding of how defensive backs and even linebackers work together and how the pieces fit with the defensive line. All too often their expertise is centered around their defensive line unit and their defensive line unit only. Off the top of my head I can only think of two guys who have become successful with an all DL background, Buddy Ryan and Rod Marinelli. And Marinelli has only become successful under Lovie Smith so I'm not sure how much credit you give him.

I think sticking with his buddies (see MM or putting his OL coach as DC) is what cost him, he had a proven DC in Jauron let him go to Cleveland. I said I'D WANT Norv and Crennel based on their experience. Norv turner uses big WRs (not CBs), something I've been saying for awhile that we need to balance the small WRs we have now.

I doubt AR sticks around but if he does I think an overhaul of the coaching staff is necessary. Mainly because his tired scheme's have been poked and prodded for the last 14 yrs. If he's brought back with the same coaching tree he'll have the same yes men (Chilly, Shurmur, MM, Juan, McNuggets) that he's accustomed to.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You kind of need your buddies on the staff though, you need everyone on the same page.

I think Washburn proved that. There you had a guy who was completely opposite of what Andy Reid stands for and also completely disagreed with everything else the team was doing.

He had a good reputation. He has had success in the past.

But he wasn't a good fit for the team. You can't just accumulate coaches for their track record or reputation without making sure you're not forcing a square peg into a round hole.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8735671/what-chip-kelly-spread-offense-need-succeed-nfl-college-football

Quote:
Shaw, who spent nine seasons as an NFL assistant, believes that a spread offense could work in the pro game.

"It would take an organizational commitment," Shaw said. "Everybody from top to bottom, the GM, the owner, the personnel people, need to be on a mission to give that offense what it needs. You can't waver from it. Everybody needs to be on the same page. It can't be, 'Well, let's bring this receiver in.' If he doesn't fit their offense, they can't bring him in. It's so different than [what] most people are used to."

Sig bet
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone still thinking about giving Todd Bowles another shot at DC.

He is interviewing at Temple(His Alma Matar) for the HC job. So.....yea.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
If Big Red stays, who do you want as the coordinators then?

Who would I want? Norv Turner and Ken Norton
Who would we get? Brad Childress and Richard Jauron
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurie has fired a head coach once or twice in his lifetime already. He'll do it again...
FunkyKingston11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is absolutely no chance Reid will be coaching in Philadelphia next year. None.
philyeagles3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost feel bad for Reid. Say Nick Foles does become what we hope he will be, Reid won't be able to see it through. Crappy ending when you seemingly find what you've need all along to run the offense. Had he turned to Nick Foles for the start of the season, it could've been a different story.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just don't see Andy here next year.

And Shaw is at the top of my list, if he decides to leave.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Yeah I just don't see Andy here next year.

And Shaw is at the top of my list, if he decides to leave.

Think he stays at Stanford for at least a couple of years

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:

We have had 8 Starters injured on offense alone throughout the season most of which have missed if not the entire season almost half. Seriously think about that scenario for a second in regards to another team. 8 of 11! Peters, Kelce, Vick, Desean, Herremans, Watkins, McCoy and now Celek. They have played a total of 15 Rookies this season many as their replacements. You add Garretts death and a possible 4 game win streak to end the season to go 7-9 only 1/2 games from the Division title? You bet your tail what Lurie said in his PC will be evaluated considering the circumstances. Better hope for another two/three loses to make sure I'm telling you.

Nabbs, I appreciate the opposing view point but your posting about the coaching issue is eerily similar to your posting about our QB issue a few years back.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: