Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT: Titans(2-4) @ Bills(3-3) 10/21 1PM EST.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Tennessee Titans
65%
 65%  [ 15 ]
Buffalo Bills
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
The game against Buffalo was Hasselbeck's 150th start. It would have been Locker's 10th. Of course people would be excited if our would-be franchise QB's 10th start was as good as Hasselbeck's 150th.

Nobody is questioning Hass's professionalism, savy, interview skills, leadership, etc. None of that has anything to do with Hasselbeck's on-field performance, which tops out at "acceptable" these days.

His on field performance still isn't worthy of some the ill will he gets on this board in my opinion.
He has done more good than bad in my view of it.

Maybe it's others fault for expecting more than he is giving. He is in the later stages of his career. He is a back up QB. Yet people expect him to be a young Peyton Manning on the field.

He is a back up that has helped us win 2 games.

What's any of that got to do with a double standard? Of course there's a double standard. Jake and Matt are at two totally different points in their careers. For Jake to play exactly the same as Matt would, generally, be quite an accomplishment.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
This is one thing that I am trying to understand. Everybody and their mother knew with our starting schedule that we could easily lose all 5 of our first games and still have a good chance on the season. This, being 3-4, wasn't unexpected at all. Now, getting healthy, we should be just fine.

Most realistic expectations may have had us at 2-4 or 3-3... but none of those had us giving up an all time record worst 181 points in the first 5 games... nor losing the 4 games by an average of 24 points.

Anyways... 2 weeks and more importantly 2 wins later has brightened the forecast a bit... especially with the way the rest of the conference has shaped up thus far.

We've done it with our leaders from both sides of the ball out. But there are still a lot left to do... at least on the defensive side of the ball. The offense may be one of the most explosive... the weapons are insane.

But the tackling on D leaves a lot to be worried about. We're not sitting a very pretty 2 game winning streak. Gray needs to do something to stop that bleeding now... 44 missed tackles in the past 4 games?!?!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
But the tackling on D leaves a lot to be worried about. We're not sitting a very pretty 2 game winning streak. Gray needs to do something to stop that bleeding now... 44 missed tackles in the past 4 games?!?!

Don't worry, he'll say something to the media about our D needing to hospitalize the opponents this week.

Oh, you meant do more than talk? Hmmm...
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
The game against Buffalo was Hasselbeck's 150th start. It would have been Locker's 10th. Of course people would be excited if our would-be franchise QB's 10th start was as good as Hasselbeck's 150th.

Nobody is questioning Hass's professionalism, savy, interview skills, leadership, etc. None of that has anything to do with Hasselbeck's on-field performance, which tops out at "acceptable" these days.

His on field performance still isn't worthy of some the ill will he gets on this board in my opinion.

Maybe it's others fault for expecting more than he is giving. He is in the later stages of his career. He is a back up QB. Yet people expect him to be a young Peyton Manning on the field.

What's any of that got to do with a double standard? Of course there's a double standard. Jake and Matt are at two totally different points in their careers. For Jake to play exactly the same as Matt would, generally, be quite an accomplishment.

I'm not trying to currently illustrate double standard, with the quoted text. I'm saying i think people criticize him unfairly. He is our backup and as a backup I'd think it would be great to be able to get 2 wins from your backup.
Yet people still want him to play like a franchise QB.
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:

I'm not trying to currently illustrate double standard, with the quoted text. I'm saying i think people criticize him unfairly. He is our backup and as a backup I'd think it would be great to be able to get 2 wins from your backup.
Yet people still want him to play like a franchise QB.

I feel that, I think people have this higher standard for him because there was a QB battle in camp, and they've both played this year, Matt started for us last year. It's not like we have Jimmy Clausen back there or anything, Matt was our starter last year, so we hold him to a higher standard than most backups, and honestly we pay him to be better than most too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Locker is back, Matt isn't that good outside the GW TD. He threw really short on 3rd down a bunch of times which was really annoying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37

Jump to: