Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens vs DAL Cowboys (W6)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who puts on the best bro-show in this one?
Romo/Witten
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Flacco/Pitta
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
What is a bro-show exactly?
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: GDT: BAL Ravens vs DAL Cowboys (W6) Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens

VS

Dallas Cowboys

Feature:
This Sunday we have a battle of two QBs that thrived at the Football Championship Subdivision (1AA) level that have come to the NFL and become some of the best in the business. But don't be mistaken, this isn't simply ANY head to head matchup, here we have two QBs fully experienced in the art of Bromance... in both cases they have a major affinity towards their TEs. This is a tag team head to head matchup of epic proportions. Romo and Jason Witten have the longer track record with one another and the statistical success to prove their abilities, but Joe Flacco and Dennis Pitta brought us the awsomeness that was the Fu Manchu... and they're not afraid to show their brolove for one another in public. Only one bro-pair can come away happy... which will it be?

Where: M&T Bank Stadium (The Lion's Den)
When: October 14, 2012- 1:00 PM EST
TV: FOX and DirecTV-704
Weather: 72 High- Appears to be perfect football weather with no messy conditions. The weather shouldn't impact the game.

Quote:
Stat Report (OFFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total - 398.8 yds/g (8th), 6.2 yds/play (4th); 26 PPG (10th)
Passing- 281.2 yds/g (9th); 7 TDs (14th); 4 INT (T-12th)
Rusing - 117.6 yds/g (13th); 4.9 ypc (5th); 5 TDs (8th); Att/g- 24.2 (24th)

Dallas Cowboys
Total - 364 yds/g (16th), 5.9 yds/play (7th); 16.2 PPG (30th)
Passing- 296.2 yds/g (4th); 6 TDs (19th); 8 INTs (29th)
Rushing- 67.8 yds/g (30th); 3.4 ypc (28th), 1 TD (T-27th), Att/g- 19.8 (28th)

Quote:
Stat Report (DEFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total: 379.8 yds/g (24th); Yds/Play- 5.3 (14th);
Breakdown: 17.8 PPG (7th); 5.3 Yds/Pass (14th); 3.5 ypc (T-6th)
Impact: 9 sacks (20th); 6 INT (T-8th); 4 FF (T-14th)
TDs Scored: 2 INT (2nd)

DAL Cowboys
Total: 277.5 yds/g (4th); Yds/Play- 4.9 yds/play (8th)
Breakdown: 22 PPG (13th); 4.9 Yds/Pass (8th); 3.8 ypc (11th)
Impact: 9 sacks (20th); 1 INT (29th); 4 FF (T-14th)
TDs Scored: 0 INT/FUM (n/a)

ESPN Picks:
12-2, Ravens

Quote:
Purple Keys to the Game:
1. Protect Flacco- The Cowboys have an excellent front 7 with a lot of speed off the edge and with Ratliff in the middle. Our OL will have it's hands full in this game. But that being said, Flacco needs to have a better pocket than he saw against the Chiefs. The Ravens are going to find themselves in third down situations and we need to make sure we increase our 3rd down% and avoid turnovers. If the line doesn't do their job, that Cowboys front creates pressure that could lead to a costly fumble on our part.

2. Fast Paced No Huddle- As stated above the Cowboys have a very explosive front 7 unit. To counter it we'll need to do a good job of going no-huddle and moving the chains to tire the Cowboys defense out.

3. Pressure Romo- If Peas decides to give Romo time, it will make the job that much more difficult in stopping him. The Ravens have to keep Romo from ever getting into that offensive zone where he appears on fire with passes.

Quote:
Jedi Knights of the day:
1. Joe Flacco- With the no-huddle likely being prominent in our gameplan come Sunday, Joe Flacco is going to have to make sure he's properly executing on the field. Flacco's ability to manage this offense and make plays will be key to a win. I expect him to have a nice game, just under 300 yds passing and a couple of touchdowns.

2. Torrey Smith- It's been two weeks since we really made a concerted effort to target Torrey. I think we start the game off getting Boldin/Pitta involved and then later on we see Torrey make some key explosive plays deep.

3. Courtney Upshaw- No particular reason to believe he has a huge game other than the fact that I have a "feeling". I think Upshaw has his best game of the season in this one, coming away with 2 sacks on Romo- both off stunts to the inside. His run defense should also be impressive as per usual. I think he has a big day.

Sith Lord's to Avoid:
1. DeMarcus Ware- Does this one come as any surprise. The most worrisome sith lord on the Cowboys squad also happens to be arguably the best defensive player in football. Michael Oher will be drawing a huge matchup... and we could also see Ware rotate onto KO... and test the rookie OT. Ware could have a 4 sack game and it wouldn't surprise me.

2. Tony Romo- Similar to Michael Vick, Tony Romo is the x-factor for his team in many places. Romo tends to run hot/cold though... so we have to make sure that Romo is having one of the latter. With the Cowboys not having established a strong ground attack to this point in the season, the passing game should fall directly onto Romo... and that combination could bode well for Ed Reed... and the playmaking Ravens secondary.

3. DeMarco Murray- The Cowboys haven't been able to establish a successful running game to this point in the season, but that being said, the Ravens have been gashed by multiple runners early in games. Murray with his speed, size, power combination... I think he could cause our defense problems and really serve to open up the Cowboys offensive system.

Quote:
Injury Report:
BAL RAVENS
LIMITED PRACTICE
Thursday
DT Haloti Ngata (shoulder)

FULL PRACTICE
OT Jah Reid (calf)

DAL Cowboys
DNP
Thursday
CB Morris Claiborne (illness)
C/G Ryan Cook (hamstring)
P Brian Moorman (right groin)
P Chris Jones (left knee)

LP
Thursday
LB Anthony Spencer (shoulder)

FP
LB Alex Albright (neck)
WR Miles Austin (hamstring)
DT Kenyon Coleman (knee)
C Phil Costa (back)
S Matt Johnson (hamstring)
NT Jay Ratliff (ankle)
DT Marcus Spears (knee)

Will the team bounce back and play energized? What say you, gents!! Game time approaches....

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things that worry me. Another team with a good tandem of pass rushers, including a Hall of Famer. Cowboys off the bye. Romo's mobility. Vick was a nightmare or us and while Romo doesn't have that speed he has equal(maybe better) playmaking ability.

I think our pass pro should be at least alittle better at home. Not basing much for predictions except for us just imply being the better team playing at home.

Cowboys 17, Ravens 24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, hey guys! Cool
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offensive line is trash. Murray has the size speed combo yes, but when he is hit in the back field on 30% of his carries(yes 30) he doesn't have the chance to utilize it.

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Left End: 4.38 yds - Ranked 12th
Left Tackle: 4.94 yds - Ranked 7th
Middle/Guards: 2.96 yds - Ranked 30th
Right Tackle: 2.85 yds - Ranked 27th
Right End: 2.43 yds - Ranked 26th

So...yea. The left side isn't necessarily the problem. From Center to the right, dreadful.

The_Slamman wrote:
I don't recall where (I want to say Bob Sturm) said something like 33%-40% of all our running plays have resulting in a tackle for loss. More than anything else, that's just scary to me.

They did play their best game last time out, but now we have another change at center. You guys will be the first 3-4 team we have faced this year. I actually like the fact that the line won't have 4 down defenders lined up right over them. Maybe it will help them get to the next level.

Having said all that, I really feel like the reason we lost both the games we have is because of the receivers. We've had more dropped balls than an all boys junior high. A few of which have led to interceptions. Despite what the stats say, Tony Romo has actually been playing well. The ball just hasn't been bouncing his way. It shouldn't be bouncing at all, but you can thank the receivers for that. If Witten, Dez, and Ogletree could have hauled in what they didn't, I firmly believe we could be 3-1, and mayyybe 4-0. It's all over now though, and we are 2-2.

I really feel like the Ravens are the toughest team the Cowboys have faced so far. If the Cowboys play perfect they still may not win. They can not afford any mistakes. That means no penalties along the offensive line, and no dropped passes. Two things that we led the league after week 4.

We do have the best pass defense in the league, and a solid run defense. It just depends on the offense hanging them out to dry or not.

The Ravens are the only NFL team the Dallas Cowboys have never beat. The Ravens are also undefeated against NFC teams at home since 2006. So, with nothing going right for the boys, and everything going right for the Ravens, I'm not to confident.

As far as this:

diamondbull424 wrote:
This is a tag team head to head matchup of epic proportions. Romo and Jason Witten have the longer track record with one another and the statistical success to prove their abilities, but Joe Flacco and Dennis Pitta brought us the awsomeness that was the Fu Manchu... and they're not afraid to show their brolove for one another in public. Only one bro-pair can come away happy... which will it be?

I Have Pitta on my fantasy team, so it's a win win for me.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens are the ONLY team in the NFL that the Cowboys have NEVER beaten.

That won't change this Sunday.

Ravens 27 Cowboys 17.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictions:
Haloti has a HUGE game with 2 sacks and a FF.
Ray Rice has 21 carries for 120 yds and a TD.
Flacco goes 21/28 for 210 yds and 2 TDs.
Tucker goes 2/2 from 54, 32.

Ware eats up Oher for 3 sacks and a FF.
Miles Austin beats Cary Williams like a step child. 8/135 and TD.
We hold Demarco Murray under 70 yds.
Witten finishes the day with 95 yds and snags a late TD in garbage time.

Final Score: 27-17. Ravens.

Also, Cowboys love them some press man. Will Cam use some bunch formations, or put a player in motion for once to help with this issue? I doubt it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the type of game Dallas will win. Lets recap:

-Our Offensive Line is atrocious
-Y'alls Oline is really good
-We can't run the ball
-Y'all run the ball really well
-Y'all play amazing at home
-We have never beat y'all
-Your secondary makes plays
-Tony Romo will make plays for you

So, yea. Dallas has no business winning this game. So that obviously means we will.

Dallas 20-Baltimore 17

BOOK IT MUTHA TRUCKAS! Very Happy

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Ravens 27 Cowboys 17.

Interesting... Never knew that.

Yet another well done GDT, DB.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Where'd you get that crazy idea?

And I thought I'd let you know that as I read this post I was hearing Tami Taylor's voice with all those "y'all"'s Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Ravens 27 Cowboys 17.

Interesting... Never knew that.

Yet another well done GDT, DB.

Thanks.

And I was unaware of that stat as well... not that its going to help us in this game. Stats like these always scare me... they tell me that it's really only a matter of time before the trend is broken.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
This is the type of game Dallas will win. Lets recap:

-Our Offensive Line is atrocious
-We can't run the ball
-Y'all run the ball really well
-Y'all play amazing at home
-We have never beat y'all
-Your secondary makes plays
-Tony Romo will make plays for you

So, yea. Dallas has no business winning this game. So that obviously means we will.

Dallas 20-Baltimore 17

BOOK IT MUTHA TRUCKAS! Very Happy

1. Truth is our OL is arguably our worse unit on the field. Michael Oher is probably average to above average. We decided to replace our LG for this game because our rookie LG was getting owned. Matt Birk is old and was on his last leg during the civil war... now he's just a skeleton getting buried by interior defenders... what keeps him as a starter is being so great at making the line calls, we do have a top 10 OG with Marshall Yanda at RG, and then at RT we have a promising rookie RT in Kelechi Osemele.. but he's been inconsistent, dominant on some plays, and then gets beat on others.. he's probably been about above average all things considered. So at best I'd call our OL slightly above average- but certainly not really good.

2. We do have a great home crowd- hence the Lion's den... but you guys also had a bye week to get completely healthy and to get in some extra preparation for this game. I think the home field advantage is nullified by your bye week.

3. Meh... FTMP that's pretty true. I think we have a top 3 safety tandem in the league, definitely. Lardarius Webb is a top 5-10 corner in this league when healthy. So that alone gives us a quality unit. But we also have Cary Williams who QBs have targeted for a lot of success. Outside of making a good play for an interception against the Browns... and a lucky interception that could've gone to one of four Ravens players against the Chiefs, he's been pretty atrocious- usually playing close coverage, but never gets his head around to see the ball and because of it is thoroughly owned by QBs or he pass interferes. Beyond that Rob Ryan understands how to utilize your secondary players to put them in the best position to make plays, Dean Peas is an idiot that continues to use Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith in off-man coverage when we have probably the best deep ball safety in the league and both of those corners largely excel in press-man. So if Romo/Flacco are relatively evenly ranked QBs... you guys have the better pass defense because you actually know how to utilize your secondary.

My prediction for this game: I think the Cowboys march down the field and score a game tying touchdown with under 2 minutes remaining in the game. We get the ball back with 1:27 left. Flacco then leads the team down the field, but Dallas holds tight to keep us out of the redzone and we're left with a 54 yard field goal attempt.. for the game. Announcers replay the NE kick where Tucker barely pushes the ball into the upright. Tucker is out on the field lining up... in comes the TO by Jason Garrett, the TO to ice the kicker... announcer says, "With Tucker being a rookie do you think there's some sort of added pressure here?".."I think any kicker would be feeling the pressure, you make this kick and you give your team a win and a commanding lead in your division, you miss and we've still got a ball game"... special teams once again gets set, Tucker is lined up- two steps back, two steps over... the ball is snapped, Koch gets the hold, the laces are spent... Justin Tucker motions forward, his right leg moves back and then he propels it forward, it's momentum slamming into the kick... silence, hearts heard beating restlessly... the ball floats... eyes widen in anticipation... Tucker following through, looks on, gazing intently... the ball smashes into the net... the field goal is good! The Ravens win by three, 20-17!! "That kick looks like it would've been good from 60, what a leg!"

... look at my sig, did anyone really think I'd give any other prediction? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An open letter to one Jerry Jones.

On a cold night at ESPN Zone located in Baltimore, MD, you went out of your way to steal my prize Dez Bryant. You then went out of your way in 2008 to try and make my Baltimore Ravens your whipping boy in the closeout of Texas Stadium.

Your two absurd shenanigans have earned you the eye of my hate. Your team will come to Baltimore on 10/14/12 and get dealt with like many years ago in the Closeout of Texas Stadium. You will learn respect as your team is dealt with. My defense might not be what they used to be, but they know a Tony Romo when they see one.

Ravens 31 Cowboys 21

Sincerely,

RavensFanRD

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nervous about the game -- I think it hinges on if/when they give up on run. If it's early, we're golden. If they stick with it, I see it giving us problems.

I'll go with...

Ravens 23
Cowboys 20

Flacco: 16/27, 254 yards, TD, INT
Rice: 19 carries, 106 yards, TD; 3 rec, 37 yards
Smith: 3 rec, 69 yards, TD
Boldin: 2 rec, 31 yards
Pitta: 5 rec, 67 yards

Justin Tucker: 3/3 hitting from 31, 42, and 49

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be watching this game, so you'd better not disappoint. mmmkkk???

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I'll be watching this game, so you'd better not disappoint. mmmkkk???

oh don't worry, if you're looking for comedy, us Ravens fans never disappoint!

If you're looking for the Ravens to win this game like they should, you might want to reconsider your expectations Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: