Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Suggs Watch
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Terrell Suggs Watch Reply with quote

http://twitter.com/untouchablejay4

Quote:
3DOWN- 3 TO GO!!!!!!!!

Does this mean what I think it does?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it an official account?

Either way, we don't know what happens in 3 weeks. Is that when he's cleared to begin running? Practising? Playing? If it is playing, he'll be needed

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
nevermore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:

Yeah, it is.

I'm also calling BS (or rather M&T, as it shall henceforth be known) on this one. At least if he's talking about actually playing an NFL game.
Mid-November seems reasonable. I'm looking at you, Pittsburgh.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
drd23 wrote:

Yeah, it is.

I'm also calling BS (or rather M&T, as it shall henceforth be known) on this one. At least if he's talking about actually playing an NFL game.

Why?

With how pathetic our defense is Flacco and company would probably put up 80 points by halftime.

Save Suggs for a matchup where you would actually need him.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
nevermore wrote:
drd23 wrote:

Yeah, it is.

Why?

With how pathetic our defense is Flacco and company would probably put up 80 points by halftime.

Laughing I'm not gonna fall for this. Underestimating the Steelers would be a mistake. Besides, you'll have Polamalu, Harrison and Mendenhall back pretty soon, right?
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Terrell Suggs (Partially torn Achilles tendon) expects to return in time for the #Ravens' October 21st game against the Texans. Caution: John Harbaugh plans to add one week after his medical staff says Suggs is ready, because he wants Suggs hitting form in January. So with a bye October 28th, Suggs' most realistic return date is November 4th as he gears up for a November 18th matchup against the division rival Steelers.

http://www.whosay.com/ChrisMortensen/content/411764?wsref=tw&code=tlT4kec

So per Chris Mortensen, Sizzle would be ready to come back as soon as 2 weeks from today, but more likely will be ready in 4. Can't wait to get this guy back on the field. Hopefully he isn't rushing it too quickly.

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this, but with the return of Suggs nearing closer and closer... I've been wondering how we'll bring him back.

I understand the point about bringing him back when he shows that he's ready.. and I'm in this camp, but when we do return him... how do we do it? Are we going to bring him back by sticking with Kruger/Upshaw as the starters and having Suggs come in basically situationally to get him back used to the flow and physicality of the game? Or if he displays that he's healthy we just go into it by starting Suggs and bringing the other young guys off the bench as much as possible to sub him.

Obviously their will be a snap count either way.. and he likely won't see "starter"- esq snap counts, but I was just thinking about how the coaches will particularly handle the situation.

What do you guys think? Does Suggs start? Or come off the bench situationally?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if he's healthy enough to suit up, you start Suggs. You might sub him out more than normal initially, but once he gets his wind, he has to take starter snaps unless he is less effective than Upshaw/Kruger.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

The Ravens will be activating Terrell Suggs from the PUP list this week- either today or Wed, allowing him to practice in very limited role

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Terrell Suggs expected to practice on extremely limited basis, be activated from physically unable to perform list, league source confirms

I like it.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
nevermore wrote:
drd23 wrote:

Yeah, it is.

Why?

Don't listen to him! It's a trap!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
nevermore wrote:
drd23 wrote:

Yeah, it is.

Why?

Don't listen to him! It's a trap!

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Jamal55

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep Suggs off the field as long as possible.

Sure we could panic with the loss of Webb and Lewis, and rush him out there, but the results could be disastrous (both short term and long term) if hes out there before being ready.

I say don't play him until the last couple of weeks of the season, so he can get ready for the playoffs.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal55 wrote:

Sure we could panic with the loss of Webb and Lewis, and rush him out there, but the results could be disastrous (both short term and long term) if hes out there before being ready.

I say don't play him until the last couple of weeks of the season, so he can get ready for the playoffs.

I also agree with this. We are gaining nothing by rushing him back, and it sounds already like the organization is going to keep him on a VERY limited basis until they feel 100% that he can perform like the Sizzle we know.

In the mean time, we're just going to have to play the "next man up" card right now and see what happens. This is where the "genius" of Ozzie Newsome and his drafts will be tested.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jamal55 wrote:

I also agree with this. We are gaining nothing by rushing him back, and it sounds already like the organization is going to keep him on a VERY limited basis until they feel 100% that he can perform like the Sizzle we know.

In the mean time, we're just going to have to play the "next man up" card right now and see what happens. This is where the "genius" of Ozzie Newsome and his drafts will be tested.

don't think that you need quotation marks around it... pretty sure Ozzie has done more than enough to prove his chops as a GM. unless you're one of those people who points out that he wasn't the GM until 2002, in which case I have nothing more to say.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without Suggs, I think we make the playoff. 5-5 is down the stretch is probably good enough for a WC and 6-4 is probably good for the division. We'll NEED him to ball so hard in the postseason so I'd hold off long enough to keep him healthy, but have him in midseason form by our home game in the division round...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: